Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is there an Equestrian Calendar ?

pegapony

12 minutes ago, Twilight Witch said:

Equestria uses Moons. Which is something to do with the moon cycles or something.

Like our months then ?

But they can´t possibly be on earth, equestrian maps shows a different place, so the days can have different length if it is another planet.

So how long is a moon cycle then ?

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, pegapony said:

Like our months then ?

But they can´t possibly be on earth, equestrian maps shows a different place, so the days can have different length if it is another planet.

So how long is a moon cycle then ?

They aren't on earth, from what I see. I personally believe the sun and moon are only miles across, and they orbit around the planet, like a geocentric system. I don't think an offical length was stated for a moon cycle. 

I would love to take a closer look at that calendar.

So then they do care about time, more or less. (I think less)

So say I would like to celebrate Nightmare Night, like we have Haloween, there is no set date for us here ?

Luna was banished to the moon for 1000-years or so. That must mean they get very very old.

How old is Celestia then ? Very old in my point of view.

I'm guessing you're a fairly new fan?

If you want to celebrate pony holidays most people do it on the day the episode first aired. Nightmare Night would be October 22.

According to The Journal of the Two Sisters alicorns live for a long time and Celestia and Luna were born as alicorns. We don't know exactly how old anypony is.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
3 hours ago, Fluttershutter said:

I'm guessing you're a fairly new fan?

If you want to celebrate pony holidays most people do it on the day the episode first aired. Nightmare Night would be October 22.

According to The Journal of the Two Sisters alicorns live for a long time and Celestia and Luna were born as alicorns. We don't know exactly how old anypony is.

Oh, yes new to intensify FIM feelings recently. Being lurking around since G1 ponys.

Ok so 22okt then. What a nightmare there will be.... And two in one I assume, oktoberfest ( possibly an applejack thing ? (*joke*) ) AND Nightmare Night, best of two worlds.

Edit :

Here must be the correct days for us on Earth to celebrate :

Winter solstice

21-22 December

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_solstice

The longest Night on Earth must be the correct Nightmare moon night, or am I wrong here ?

I have The Journal of the Two Sisters laying around at home of course. Don´t ready with reading it yet....

So for sure alicorns gets very very old, but.... wait 1000-pony years might be something else compared to our time ?

From the pictures above :

The calendar have 15 fields on the page. So 15 days a Month ( if it not continues on the other side )

And the clocks have 8h and if it works like our clock, then 16h days. But the speed of the clock can be whatever, so who knows ?

So conclusion :

-We don´t know the age of anypony.

-We don´t know how their time works.

-We don´t know their holidays.

Edited by pegapony

The winter solstice would be more like the Winter Moon Festival. Nightmare Night is a Halloween clone. 

Measuring time is a weird thing anyway. Think about it, we measure time based on the year and day. We get hours, minutes, and seconds by dividing up a day, which is pretty inaccurate.

Scientist have tried to define a second as:

"the duration of 9 192 631 770 periods of the radiation corresponding to the transition between the two hyperfinelevels of the ground state of the caesium 133 atom"

Crazy, huh?

So figuring out pony time keeping might make your head explode.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, right pony time is pony time.

And Now I know about the Nightmare moon night, and how and when to celebrate it.

Best of all, we have the Winter Moon Festival too... YAAY !

And here in Sweden we have Mid-summer allready, so lets put in Celestia there and we have Summer Sun Festival :)

Thanks a lot Fluttershutter !