Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where to go for seasons.

CastletonSnob

North of Oklahoma, that's one thing for sure. At this point, I think that the Northeast is probably the best way to still get four seasons. Other areas, even the Northern plains are beginning to see more warm days during the winter. However, I guarantee you, you'd still get much more of a winter there than in Texas. But trust me, you'd be disappointed with Oklahoma, Kansas, etc. (It's 90 degrees today in Oklahoma, too)

As for me, I think as far North and East as Michigan should be good. (But Michigan has been getting warmer)

But I only can observe those locations from a distance. And it depends on your ideals of four seasons. For me, Spring and Fall should average in the 40s, 50s, and 60s for highs, 70s on warmer days and closer to Summer (like May). 80s and 90s + being reserved for Summer (June through August). Winters should very rarely see highs above 50.

People where I live consider 80 degrees nice and Fall/Spring-like. I do not agree with them. I assume you're more on my side here, but I could be wrong.

Edited by Envy

I would say Indiana, we tend to have 4 seasons usually, but the issue is that the weather during those seasons can be bipolar like crazy. I remember one year we have a very mild winter and basically no snow, but then we got two feet of snow in April. Pretty unpredictable. We have had a rather warm Autumn so far this year too. It got cool, then it warmed up again. Makes no sense I tells ya. :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the boat as you, except its even hotter. Though you don't need to leave state to witness all four seasons, northern Texas should be far enough to where you can see the seasons change, while being close to home. Unless living in northern Texas is as ungodly expensive as northern Arizona then I'd suggest really any central/northern central state, they all have distinct season changes its just a matter of pick your poison. Then again you're taking advice from a fellow desert dweller, so I'm not sure how accurate any of my statements were. derpdunno.png The only place I've ever lived that had distinct season changes was Virginia, so by experience that's all I can suggest.

• 3 years later...

Probably somewhere up north or in the upper midwest. I really need to move out of California, probably somewhere like Oregon or Washington

I'd also agree with the midwest. I went back to my hometown in Ohio for a bit this fall and was amazed at all the bright colors of the leaves (it'd been a few years since I was there in the fall and here in DC there's not as much wide open nature). Very cold snowy winters, very hot sunny summers, nice temperatures in the spring.

And as we always say, if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes and it'll change :P