Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

do people disappoint you

Olly

Yes, many things about people disappointed me mostly just how closed minded some people can be. :fiery: 

Spoiler

I mean just look at our fandom, Tons of people get mad and think we're all creeps just because we like that was very girly.

Edited by Yumekai
  • Brohoof 1

All my life I have been disappointed in things. Mostly in people including myself. Though I still try too forgive people,  it doesn't always work out. Its best to work on changing ourselves more than changing others. 

• Brohoof 4

Seeing how my country is tearing itself apart because of problems that don't exist or are over exaggerated, yes people disappoint me. Which is why when I meet new people I tend to have low expectations of them. Doesn't always work though, I have to have high hopes when I train new people only to watch them turn into a lazy slacker.

Moral of the story only have high expectations for close friends.

• Brohoof 2

Not really, even if they do it's not necessarily because they're being terrible or immoral (at least not intentionally). Most people aren't born with malice in their hearts. I think people are getting a bit too cynical these days actually.  

Sometimes people disappoint me, but these things are to be expected. Nobody's perfect and I try to be prepared for such things. I disappoint people sometimes myself and I hope others will be understanding when it happens. Everyone tries, that's the bottom line, and that's what matters. I don't think anyone tries to disappoint others. 

• Brohoof 2

Not really, it's me who disappoints others. :mellow:  Although I often disappoint myself and I'm also a part of 'people' - does it mean that people do disappoint me since I'm a person who disappoints myself?

Friends and people I know mostly don't disappoint me, but people who are to stubbern or dumb to understand what points I make and just see their own statements annoy and disappoint me a lot. That doesn't matter because that is life. Different lives, different opinions. 

Ya, all the time but thats the beauty of life. That is whats get me up in the morning, because if people dissapoint me I know that they world is not static. It reminds that Im not living in a perfect world and I never will. 

I'm a pretty optimistic person, but when it comes to people I always expect the least tbh. 

Like not that they will be a terrible human being, but if we become friends they will not make time to hangout with me whether I invite them somewhere or them inviting me somewhere. 

Of course, I don't let it get the better of me and still try to make friends and still invite them to places, but you know. Of course when other people start making plans or saying things like "we definitely have to hangout" I start to expect things, but usually am disappointed in their reliability. 

I have many great reliable friends, but it never hurts to have more! 

There will always be individuals in life that end up disappointing you or become a disappointment. That is a fact that I had issues with coming to terms to up until recently. Looking back on those experiences, I feel as if they have made me a bit more wiser.

• Brohoof 1