Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

do people disappoint you

Olly

• 1 month later...

Depends on what it is but I've learned not to expect anything from anyone because I end up getting disappointed in them.  It's not really their fault, it's mostly just me.

People often disappoint me but I don't care because I don't expect or rely on anyone to do anything else. I have a cynical way of looking at things so when and if anyone proves me wrong, I'll just enjoy being pleasantly surprised. 

Yes, quite a lot, but it's just a part of human nature, so you should get used to it or even find some interest in it.

• 2 weeks later...

all the time.

Been trying to organise a night out with my old school friends but we never get it done =/

had one friend majorly dispapoint me and kinda break my trust before xmas. We were going to go xmas shopping, he has the car, so i was ready to go at 11am. He tells me that he sin the next town over (he actually lives 2 doors down from me) and will be back in like 20mins. I get a text saying hes been asked to do a job in town which could take an hour (he's a freelance hairdresser) and he could do with the cash. An hour goes by and he says hes still on the job, so i have lunch and text him after saying im wiating outside because he should be done by then and on his way back. So Im stood on the street for like 40mins waiting in the cold. Tried calling him, leaving texts, nothing.

So i go back in the house have a massive cry and rage (i cry when Im really fecking angry) because ive been let down and its like a whole day wasted when I couldve been working on remaining commissions (i hate drawing in the evenings). He doesnt send me a reply at all and still has not. So i dont even know what happened. =/

• 11 months later...

With some exceptions, Yes, most strangers on the Internet do disappoint me. They mostly turn into jerks on the Internet hiding behind the mask of Screen Names and start acting like bratty kids when they come across things that don't match their opinions, instead of calmly explaining why like a well-behaved person.

And I had my share of being a jerk to others whose views didn't agree with me.

Edited by Will Guide

Understanding yourself is the first step in knowing others. Sometimes people are willing to go as far as to dismiss reality so they can find some form of meaning or purpose to their lives.

I know human beings for what they are. Rather than what I would like them to be.

Unrealistic expectations can be rather harmful, as it is to willingly ignore reality. So, I often suggest people to be honest with themselves.

• 1 year later...