Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler How is Shadow Lock a descendant of the Pony of Shadows? (S7 finale spoilers)

ggg-2

The Into the Shadows arc, the arc "villain", Shadow Lock, was said to be the descendant of a great evil, which the season 7 finale revealed to be the Pony of Shadows. But how? The Pony of Shadows, along with the Pillars of Equestria, was banished to limbo for over 1000 years, and in his true form as Stygian, he doesn't even look old enough to have foals of his own.

11 minutes ago, ggg-2 said:

The Into the Shadows arc, the arc "villain", Shadow Lock, was said to be the descendant of a great evil, which the season 7 finale revealed to be the Pony of Shadows. But how? The Pony of Shadows, along with the Pillars of Equestria, was banished to limbo for over 1000 years, and in his true form as Stygian, he doesn't even look old enough to have foals of his own.

He looked like an adult to me. 

Also Shadow Lock doesn't have to be lineal as he could be collateral. For example, Han and Leia's kid would be a collateral descendant of Luke Skywalker. Hope that gives you some answers. So our new antagonist may have had a sibling if you don't think he was old enough to have a foal. 

• Brohoof 1

On 10/9/2017 at 4:16 PM, Jeric said:

He looked like an adult to me. 

Also Shadow Lock doesn't have to be lineal as he could be collateral. For example, Han and Leia's kid would be a collateral descendant of Luke Skywalker. Hope that gives you some answers. So our new antagonist may have had a sibling if you don't think he was old enough to have a foal. 

Oh, I didn't know that. Always thought descendant was always lineal :muffins: