Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ginger Ale

Which One Disappointed You The Most About The Movie?  

54 users have voted

1. 1. Which One Disappointed You The Most About The Movie?

• No Discord
    • Starlight and Trixie having no lines
    • Fluttershy Having Few Lines
    • Cutie Mark Crusaders Appeared Only In One Scene

Hi, everypony,

No offense at all, I loved the movie a lot and it was really more than I expected, but there were still couple of things I wanted to see, although I knew some of them would not happen, so I want your idea by voting, which one of the cases disappointed you the most?

Which One Did You Dislike The Most About The Movie?

-Starlight and Trixie had no dialogues at all.

-We only saw the CMC at one scene, in a cage.

-Fluttershy only had few lines.

-There was no Discord at all. (not counting the balloon that Pinkie Pie made xD)

Vote for it, I wanna see your opinion.

Not in the section? Still just pick the one that you wished to happen the most then.

Peace! :wub:

cutie_mark_wastelanders_by_metadragonart-d4haktx.jpg virus_by_c_puff-d70v7ag.png angry_starlight_by_lupiarts-db72z2y.png sad_fluttershy_by_laurenmagpie-d4bzcbk.jpg

Edited by Ginger Ale
  • Brohoof 2

The lack of the CMC's for sure. It would have been funny if they were off on their own adventure in the background then they come back after everything happens and are just like "Uh, what happened exactly?", then whatever they did could be a reference in season 8. Instead they were just part of the powerless, they deserved better.

• Brohoof 8

Fluttershy because she felt really nonexistent, despite supposedly being a main character of the movie, with only a couple of actual lines of dialogue, then nothing else but "yays" and being scared. You could have written her out of the movie and absolutely nothing would change

Edited by Kiryu-Chan
  • Brohoof 8

Gonna take a 5th route and say that the most disappointing part was Twilight denouncing her friends. I mean, after all they've been through together, are you bucking KIDDING ME!? :eww:

• Brohoof 4

Everything except Discord, but I voted Starlight's and Trixie's silence. (The same could be applied for the CMC as well) These characters appear in at least 3 episodes a season. Them getting a cameo and not even a single line of dialogue, baffles me. 

Sure, they are not the mane characters, but they are an important element of the show and also loved by many fans. 

• Brohoof 4

Given that Starlight has become an integral character in the past 2 seasons, her only getting a cameo baffled me quite a bit. I suppose the same applies to Discord and the CMC, but I feel like Starlight should have at least been given a few lines somewhere in the beginning.

• Brohoof 5

Based on the advertising of the film and solely basing it off of who is integral to the plot and who is not. The obvious choice is Fluttershy only having a few lines. This was supposed to feel like an adventure for the Mane 6 but it felt more like an epic and challenging adventure for the Mane 4 with some yellow and orange ponies tagging along. I want to say I'm glad they at least didn't slow down the group in any way making them seem worse for joining but it still feels off when they contribute nothing despite the usual team stuff and character lines.

• Brohoof 6

None of those really bothered me all that much, but if I'm going to pick one, I say they could have added a few seconds of CMC. 

If you swap Derpy out with Starlight that actually improves the film slightly since it would fit with her loyalty to Twilight and without saying a word creates a stronger personal motivation for everything. Her mentor and her pupil turned to obsidian. 

• Brohoof 7

None, i think we had enough characters in one screech.

Edited by TBD

In all honesty none of that really bothered me. If I had to pick one it would be Fluttershy; followed closely by the CMC.

In any case, with how the story progressed, Tempest really seemed to be the main focus, so the lack of attention on them didn't really bug me.

• Brohoof 4

I'm saying the CMC, but my problem there is more broadly the only big one I have with the movie.

It didn't feel like the Mane 6 were really interacting with their environment most of the movie. They don't initiate conversations or try to utilize the other characters, and importantly,  friendship, except for RD, Pinkie, and a very limited Rarity scene.

Mainly, the movie completely fails to infer the passage of quality time with supporting characters at any point. 

• Brohoof 4

There wasn't enough Starlight, I wish she'd had at least one scene at the start talking to Twilight or something. It's also annoying that Fluttershy didn't have many lines considering she's a major character, that's probably worse than Starlight having no dialogue at all.

• Brohoof 2

I really don't think any of the options listed in the poll detracted from the movie to be honest. Starlight and Trixie get enough time on the show that I'm happy to see the Mane 6 get more of the spotlight here. Discord is fine, but not necessary here. After all, we can't stuff every cool character into the movie and still have a coherent story. Fluttershy having fewer lines reminded me of her quieter, more shy self of the earlier seasons of the show and it was nice revisiting that. I love the CMC but they didn't have a part to play here so I don't lament their exclusion any more than I would in an episode of the show that wasn't about them. 

The only disappointment I had was that this movie wasn't released four years ago. Instead of one Equestria Girls movie after another, Hasbro could have (and should have) been making MLP movies like this. 

• Brohoof 1

None of them detracted..

And more importantly, none of them where surprising.... at all. I always knew that most of this would be a issue... (Except for the Fluttershy thing, which I voted for)

Because the movie was started in the middle of season five.....

Trixie and Starlight where not a thing.

The Changelings where still bad guys.

Discord was still on the fence.

The Crusaders really where never going to be included in a super serious dramatic storyline.

And I knew that Fluttershy was going to get less lines then most everyone else.

While there were a number of things I felt the film was a little short of, I feel the only thing I was actually disappointed about with the movie doesn't even relate to the actual product as much as it's reception.

See, when the film was first announced, I was hoping it would be so phenomenal that anyone who still doubted the franchise would be won over by it, and it would bring the entire franchise to a level of popularity never even imagined before.

I don't know how much of this was wishful thinking, and I want to be clear I'm not the least bit disappointed with what we got overall, but I am a little upset it didn't seem to leave a big effect in any way.

I have to say Fluttershy's lack of attention was definitely the most disappointing aspect of the film. Besides that, the only other thing I was disappointed by was a lack of a Sunset Shimmer cameo.

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 3

34 minutes ago, cmarston1 said:

Besides that, the only other thing I was disappointed by was a lack of a Sunset Shimmer cameo.

She was, like, the only character missing from the pack that deserved them too. Not sure why they couldn't throw her in the credits or something.

• Brohoof 2