Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If one of the main VA's left the show, what would happen to their character(s)?

Vocal Analyst

(edited)

@TomDaBombMLP would probably freak out! :blink:

17 minutes ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

They’d just replace them easy. 

Or they'd just do that and everything would be fine.:dash:

OUT WITH YOU, CHANGELING! :glimmer: image.gif.e38db28bf3cc50d1db24f5f230026c28.gif

Edited by Sparklefan1234

I will never understand why if a character has a radical voice change, the audience would hate it. I mean, we don't have to go overboard with the producers "killing" the character (for example), Can't we just get used to the new VA? :yeahno:

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

They’d just replace them easy.

It's a trend to replace VAs. (see G5, and Hazbin Hotel, etc)

I don't like it, and it is sad, but there are many soundalikes out there, and it is a competitive business.

• Brohoof 2

If that were to ever happen, then they should dig into the fandom and cast a Brony whom they feel can do it best, for example, casting TheLostNarrator as RD and AJ. It wouldn't be that iconic, but the kiddies won't notice and in our case, well, there's one of us working for the show! We'll have that kind of satisfaction.

• Brohoof 1

On 2017-10-15 at 9:09 PM, Prospekt said:

At this point, Hasbro may just cancel the show. 7 years is a long time for any TV series. But there are good potential replacements within the team that is already present. I bet Tabitha could voice any of the Mane 6 apart from Pinkie Pie. Maybe even Princess Celestia. Sure, that would mean more work for her, but she could be up for the challenge.

This is interesting in retrospect, now that Pony Life has come and gone. Tabitha St. Germain got to voice Spike. It sounded a bit weird without Cathy Weseluck as Spike, but ehh... could've been worse.

The G5 recasts have been fine in Tell Your Tale, they don't irk me. But maybe that's because the characters previously appeared only in the G5 movie. I'm not too attached to each VA's portrayal.

• Brohoof 2