Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did Twilight Intentionally Attack Star Tracker?

Bart1002

Did Twilight Intentionally Attack Star Tracker?   

31 users have voted

1. 1. Did Twilight Intentionally Attack Star Tracker?

• Yes
    • No

Hello fellow Bronies, 

I'm trying to determine if Twilight intentionally stepped on Star Tracker's hoof or if it was an accident.  After she attacks him, she says in an angry voice: "I'm sorry, but maybe that wouldn't have happened if you weren't practically standing on my tail; not even my real family stands that close!".  Twilight was a small distance away right before she approached Star Tracker, and the attack occurred the instant she approached him, directly after she missed the opportunity to view the Northern Stars (she was looking forward to this the most out of all the events of the cruise ship).  Her angry words following the attack can be interpreted as Twilight claiming that the attack was accidental as a result of Star Tracker "practically standing on [her] tail" at THAT SPECIFIC MOMENT or intentional as a result of ACCUMULATED ANGER due to his excessive adulation for her throughout the duration of the episode shown by chronically standing next to her.  That is what I'm unable to determine, as this nuance in the angry text by Twilight makes a big difference in analyzing this.  As someone who adores Twily (essentially to the extent of Star Tracker xD), I find it absolutely repulsive that she would attack an innocent pony, as she's so adorable and kind :adorkable:, not to mention the Princess of Friendship!  That was very out of character of her, which is actually comprehensible, as the writer for this episode is new (I think, but I don't feel like looking through the whole list of MLP authors :P).  So what do you think?  Was Twilight's physical attack against Star Tracker intentional or accidental?  Let me know by voting in the poll and/or a response :D

- Bart1002 OUT!

It wasn't intentional cuz he was standing practically right on top of her, she turned around to walk away and stepped on his hoof because she more than likely didn't see him standing there. It wouldn't have happened in the first place if he would have given her a little more personal space.  

• Brohoof 2

No. He snuck up behind Twilight, much to her annoyance, and stomped him accidentally; while she was mostly unapologetic, it was obviously an accident, she even says herself 'It wouldn't have happened if you didn't keep standing right behind me'.

No, I don't believe it was on purpose. The episode showed time and again that Star Tracker was getting way to close to Twilight and violating her personal space. I don't think he meant anything creepy by it and was just nervous to meet Twilight, but it is for this reason that Twilight accidentally bumped into him. She was angry but I doubt she'd ever intentionally hurt someone. She was so mean to him because she was frustrated with the whole situation and Star Tracker being so uncomfortably close didn't help. In the episode, we see her accidentally bump into him because he was standing so close. There was no way she could have seen him in time when, like she said, he's practically standing on her tail. It was an accident and completely unintentional. 

Edited by Kreamer
Fixing errors
  • Brohoof 1

Of course not. Yeah, Twilight was frustrated, but Star Tracker was an innocent kid(?) that got caught in the crossfire of said frustration. Yes, her response could've been kinder, but no, she did not hurt him on purpose.

• Brohoof 1

Twilight just isn't the kind of pony to ever harm any other pony will ill intent. It was a simple accident because Star Tracker was staying too close. I felt so bad for Star Tracker at that point, but both him and Twilight learned something from it all. Two lessons in one, what a deal. :D

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...