Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

More of Twilight Sparkle crying

twilightsparkle3562

While I wouldn't want to see it all the time, more outward displays of emotion might be more healthy for Twilight. I get the sense that she tends to bottle up a lot of her emotions because of how she feels she should act, first as a student and later as a princess. "Once Upon a Zeppelin" practically spelled that out for us; I don't necessarily want to see her cry, but even though she has learned a few times to open up, we still often see her sliding back into her old habits. It would be good if she felt more comfortable expressing herself. 

As much as she has to be and portray herself as a Princess, she's still a normal pony in the sense that she still exhibits the emotion and feelings of her own. No matter what, she did the best as she can and to miss out on the special event makes her emotionally sad. Sometimes she has to let it all out and by her depiction of crying and regreting makes her a character who learns, grows and can express herself. The impact of the scene made me realize that even though she's Princess, she's still exhibits her own personal emotions in addition of her role as Princess and to see it makes her feel real.