Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cupcake Song finally transcribed for piano

Tazool

After seven long years, the wait for someone to transcribe this classic MLP song for piano is finally over. Happy 7th Anniversary MLP! :pinkie:                                             

https://musescore.com/user/20244986/scores/4704156

Special thanks to DrSentenial for his video - How to Play "Making Cupcakes". Wouldn't have been able to arrange this score without it!

DrSentenial's channel >>> https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSentenial

Edited by Tazool
Minor corrections

• The title was changed to Cupcake Song finally transcribed for piano

It's an ok transcription. You're lacking dynamics, which is what's making this transcription sound bland. Furthermore, adding articulations to the piece would give it a nice bouncy feel, especially you add staccato markings to the left hand. The staccato would add the Pinkie feeling to the piece. Dynamic-wise, during the "Cupcakes, so sweet and tasty..." part, perhaps back off to piano and then have a steady crescendo all the way up to fortissimo.

All in all, it could use quite a bit of work on the expression and articulation side of things. Pinkie's songs are energetic and bouncy. Make sure you match your arrangements/transcriptions to the personality of the song. I'm always here if you need me. Shoot me a PM at anytime with any questions you have. 

And sorry to be a party pooper but...I made a piano arrangement of Cupcakes a few years ago... 

2 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

It's an ok transcription. You're lacking dynamics, which is what's making this transcription sound bland. Furthermore, adding articulations to the piece would give it a nice bouncy feel, especially you add staccato markings to the left hand. The staccato would add the Pinkie feeling to the piece. Dynamic-wise, during the "Cupcakes, so sweet and tasty..." part, perhaps back off to piano and then have a steady crescendo all the way up to fortissimo.

All in all, it could use quite a bit of work on the expression and articulation side of things. Pinkie's songs are energetic and bouncy. Make sure you match your arrangements/transcriptions to the personality of the song. I'm always here if you need me. Shoot me a PM at anytime with any questions you have. 

And sorry to be a party pooper but...I made a piano arrangement of Cupcakes a few years ago... 

Thanks for the feedback, my knowledge with music itself is a bit basic as I only have an understanding of a few simple concepts.

I'd like to improve, do you know any websites and/or guides where I can learn more about this kind of stuff?

2 hours ago, Tazool said:

Thanks for the feedback, my knowledge with music itself is a bit basic as I only have an understanding of a few simple concepts.

I'd like to improve, do you know any websites and/or guides where I can learn more about this kind of stuff?

I can coach you. I have 15+ years of music experience. 

1 hour ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

I can coach you. I have 15+ years of music experience. 

Cool, I'll write down your name somewhere/follow you for whenever I need some musical insight.

I just threw that score together because I couldn't find it anywhere on the web, and was really curious about playing it myself. I'm more of a music player than composer/transcriptor, but any knowledge is valuable.

Appreciate your offerings of help. :rarity: