Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Nicole Dubuc is the new Excecutive Producer AND Story Editor for MLP

Sly

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2017/10/welcome-nicole-dubuc-my-little-pony.html

The title says all. Admitedly, after Shadow Play I'm kinda sad to see Haber gone, since he was finally showing his real value as writer (I think the co-story editing Eric Rogers talked about was for S7, not S8 like he thought and said some months ago), but at the very least the series is still gonna be in good hands now. Dubuc has a prettu strong record in animated storytelling: http://nicoledubuc.com

That is all.

• Brohoof 2

@PathfinderCS 

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The person who wrote Hera's Heroes is in charge of Pony ... my favorite Rebels episode! Are you kidding me?

This news drops as I'm listening to the Thrawn audiobook and the day after the Last Jedi trailer. Less than a week from seeing the Pony film and a few days after watching the season 7 finale?

Talk about a perfect fandom collision at the exact right time when I'm on cloud nine about both franchises!

the_great_and_powerful_thrawn_by_pixelki

If you couldn't tell ... I approve of this.

• Brohoof 3

Not gonna try to get my hopes up,  but between Star Wars Rebels and Transformers Prime, I have a lot of faith in her

Edited by Kiryu-Chan
  • Brohoof 4

I don't think Haber is gone forever as a writer, as an editor maybe.

Here's the thing, I am happy for her and am confident she will do a great job

BUT PLEASE LET LADY WRITERS KEEP WRITING! I am very sad to lose them as story editors, they were perfect and I hope we at least get some more episodes written by them.

Also @Jeric Just gonna ask you because I assume you know everything. Who was the last executive producer for the show? Was it Meghan?

Edited by Ryanmahaffe
  • Brohoof 2

15 minutes ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

Also @Jeric Just gonna ask you because I assume you know everything. Who was the last executive producer for the show? Was it Meghan?

It's kinda weird because Meghan was promoted to a full Hasbro exec that was in charge of all girls storytelling, so she was still in charge of Pony. The EP role has been a bunch of people that aren't very visible. Davis, Fipke, Wall and someone else. Stephen Davis may be familiar to you. 

So now the rumors of her playing a role with the finale make sense. Anyone know the rules about SWG not being allowed credit if you EP? A contract completed may have required a change to the credit sheet. 

Well, she certainly has a good track record

By the way, isn't she co-writing the Ponyville Mysteries books? If so, we can possibly see some stuff from those books in the show: LIKE LILY MOON :squee: ..... and maybe Scooties supposedly lesbian parents :yay: 

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

Well, she certainly has a good track record

By the way, isn't she co-writing the Ponyville Mysteries books? If so, we can possibly see some stuff from those books in the show: LIKE LILY MOON :squee: ..... and maybe Scooties supposedly lesbian parents :yay: 

Aunt and her aunts possible lover. Her Parents are seperate characters mentioned in that book as being neglectful and not really caring about her and her life and as such resented by Scootaloo to the point she seems to live apart from them but don't actually appear

45 minutes ago, ggg-2 said:

.......Sure, because Transformers and freaking STAR WARS are totally similar to Pony, right?

Dave Polsky was on the show since it first began and he used to work on fucking South Park. We've had writers with work ranging from preschool shows to Avatar, I'm pretty sure anyone is capable of writing for Pony, it's just a matter of how good they are

• Brohoof 4

I think her episodes will go along great! Combining the experimental things from season 6, and the incredible stories of season 7, concluding or continuing lost story arcs, and giving each main character (that includes Mane Six, Spike, Starlight, and CMCs) a FAIR amount of starring roles, not just 1 or 2, I think we might have a season that could exceed season 7! Maybe even season 4! :D

Regardless, I believe in her! :D

Hmm..Transformer, Star wars, Kim Possible, young Justice?? I bet MLP will 20 100% cooler.

20 hours ago, M'gann M'orzz said:

Aunt and her aunts possible lover. Her Parents are seperate characters mentioned in that book as being neglectful and not really caring about her and her life and as such resented by Scootaloo to the point she seems to live apart from them but don't actually appear

Damn, I why I wrote parents instead of aunts :scots:? Real derpin' here :muffins:

46 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Damn, I why I wrote parents instead of aunts :scots:? Real derpin' here :muffins:

Off topic but I hope if Scootaloos aunt does end up being a canon lesbian (as Nicole Dubuc wrote that story) I hope they don't emphasize the homosexuality too hard, seems like a cause for unnecessary controversy, but, all publicity is good publicity I guess.

Although I do pefer the Scootaloo has terrible parents idea over them just being dead.

Let Debuc writes premiere and finale.

Nick Confalone write 2 eps.

Haber writes 2 eps or co-op with Debuc.

Lady writers write 4+ episodes.

Mike writes 2 ep.

Josh writes 2 ep about RD or Scootaloo.

Whoever wrote Zeppelin, make her write at least one ep

Fox Bros can write 1-2 filler episodes if DHX is out of good writers.

The rest can be written by some new decent writers

DONT LET BERROW TOUCH THE SHOW. 

Invite some good old writer like Natasha, Ed Valentine or Dave Polsky.

Done, you have a perfect season.

• Brohoof 1

13 minutes ago, Lambdadelta said:

Mike writes 2 ep.

But we dunno how Dubuc will do on the show! :P

3 minutes ago, Lambdadelta said:

Mike writes 2 ep.

I disagree on G.M Berrow, I thought the One Where Pinkie Pie Knows was a perfectly enjoyable episode and Daring Done I still think is fantastic. The only episode that she wrote that I didn't like was Fluttershy Leans In

Also going to say that she is writing an episode in season 8, and she says it is her favorite episode and one she is extremely passionate about.

Fox bros wrote my third favorite episode this season Discordant Harmony so I would love to see more of them.

I think leaving Sammie Crowley and Whitney Wetta is a crime considering they wrote A Flurry of Emotions which was good and A Health of Information which was fantastic

I agree on everything else, except I would like to see Josh write something with Spike because Spike is usually good when Josh writes for him.

7 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

But we dunno how Dubuc will do on the show! :P

Well she is Story Editor, so her writing the season premiere/finale is pretty much guaranteed.

30 minutes ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

Well she is Story Editor, so her writing the season premiere/finale is pretty much guaranteed.

I was talking about how good she would do. We dunno that! :P I mean I'm sure she'll be fine! But would we all agree to her standards? Yunno how pissed people were about To Where and Back Again, and The Cutie Re-Mark?

5 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

I was talking about how good she would do. We dunno that! :P I mean I'm sure she'll be fine! But would we all agree to her standards? Yunno how pissed people were about To Where and Back Again, and The Cutie Re-Mark?

Eh, the vast majority loved the Cutie Remark, a louder minority didn't, To Where and Back Again is also held in pretty high regard aside from the Starlight haters.

Upon looking at her IMDB page, her writing credentials are actually pretty diverse, ranging from preschool shows to some Y7 action cartoons. It's actually kind of funny that she can claim she wrote on Transformers Prime, Young Justice and Kim Possible, and then joke around and say she wrote on Dragon Tales. 

It's a good mix, the experience with action cartoons is good and as for the preschool shows, while the only one I've seen on that list was Dragon Tales and Jojo's Circus. The latter I haven't seen in well over a decade and the former I think was similar to FIM except way more basic and slice of life but again, it's been a long time.

2 hours ago, Lambdadelta said:

Mike writes 2 ep.

Joshua Hamilton should write a Dash and Scootaloo episode. He nailed that dynamic with Parental Glideance, even though his two follow-ups we're nowhere near as good. 

(edited)

For now the only writers that it's 100% safe to assume they will be in S8 are Vogel, Dubuc, Confalone and Berrow, as their presence in it has been confirmed by several sources.

Edited by Sly