Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc The War for Equestria, The Musical!! (OOC)

General Solar Magus

1 hour ago, rolle said:

@General Solar Magus

I've finished the magic theory, I have it on my about me page. If you got any questions just pm me and I'll answer as well as edit it to make it clearer.

And just to be certain, Heathlife is starting in his tower... prison, and then he gets to go out as they want to see if it helps him be more... friendly to others. Sounds about right, yea?

Now this could be very interesting between your OC and my OC Techno as Techno has his own theories of magic plus he had a theory about all magic being different values of a universal type of magic called digital magic. So later in the RP he will try to create forms of AI with digital magic so he's also at some point going to come up with digital magic computers. But the computers are very far off from now and Techno of course will return to his lab in the tower when he's done at the major event in Cantralot! :)

• Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, rolle said:

@General Solar Magus

I've finished the magic theory, I have it on my about me page. If you got any questions just pm me and I'll answer as well as edit it to make it clearer.

And just to be certain, Heathlife is starting in his tower... prison, and then he gets to go out as they want to see if it helps him be more... friendly to others. Sounds about right, yea?

Hi rolle.

I read the magic theory you came up with.

I like some of the concepts you put into it, but the thing is that I had already an idea on how magic works and was going to mention that in a soon to come post. 

I do have a resolution though. How about I send you my concepts in a PM, and we can discuss more details from there after you've read mine? 

Are you only going to post once this stuff is sorted?

13 hours ago, Techno Universal said:

Now this could be very interesting between your OC and my OC Techno as Techno has his own theories of magic plus he had a theory about all magic being different values of a universal type of magic called digital magic. So later in the RP he will try to create forms of AI with digital magic so he's also at some point going to come up with digital magic computers. But the computers are very far off from now and Techno of course will return to his lab in the tower when he's done at the major event in Cantralot! :)

@rolle

How about I add you to that PM chat too Techno?

• Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, General Solar Magus said:

Hi rolle.

I like some of the concepts you put into it, but the thing is that I had already an idea on how magic works and was going to mention that in a soon to come post. 

I do have a resolution though. How about I send you my concepts in a PM, and we can discuss more details from there after you've read mine? 

@rolle

I guess I might just add @rolle to the PM chat now! :)

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, General Solar Magus said:

Hi rolle.

Well, sure, let's open up a PM chat between you, Techno and me. I feel it'd be best if we were all up to point on magic, especially since my character can pretty much see more about magic than most others. So, It'd be very helpful knowing the RP's theory on it.

And I can post as soon as I get a confirmation on if I remember right or not about where I start. It was in the tower and I'd be let out if my memory is working correctly.

• Brohoof 1

@Star48955 @Maple Bat @Techno Universal @Der Kerzenwaechter @rolle @Celestial Flight @Once In A Blue Moon @C. Thunder Dash.

Alright guys. I've got some updates for you.

1) The boss Bright Shinning is now live in the Arena of Champions and is ready for challengers (now that her picture and character song have been added).

2) I will be adding a map of Equestria to the OOC threads main post with your OC's locations on it, along with other locations of interest in the play.

3) All role players have been updated with their activity tags in the main OOC post.

4) If you guys have theme songs/tunes for your characters yet, could you please post links to them so that when encounters happen IC to your  OC's I can set it up nicely with your opponent and their song as well?

5) For convenience for all of us, I will be adding to the OOC main post certain days of the week that I will be responding to posts IC that need responses from me. Before I do however, I would like to ask  you guys on what days of the week (pick 2-3 days) that you would like for me to be doing my weekly responses? I will setup the times when all of you have made your suggestions so that I can make it work for every pony as much as possible.

I finally saw the movie, and it was amazing!! 

Dang, Pinkie Pie is seriously nuts XD. The expression on her eyes sometimes has me really concerned XD.

Anyway guys, now that I have seen the movie I finally have a complete picture of Equestrian history. Prepare yourself for idea's, concepts and references to stuff from every season and the film ;).

The journey has only just begun....

On 11/4/2017 at 2:17 PM, General Solar Magus said:

4) If you guys have theme songs/tunes for your characters yet, could you please post links to them so that when encounters happen IC to your  OC's I can set it up nicely with your opponent and their song as well?

This is a really tough one.

Finding something that captures the core essence of Maple and Woody

Maple's theme I have 2 for Maple that I'm kinda stuck between

Theme Idea 1:

Spoiler

To me; This theme is really hope inducing and "epic" Sounding. The theme has an impact and it's a pretty good one too! I feel this one would be goo since Maple is the kinda fighter who would take on impossible odds to keep her homelands safe and I feel this theme captures that. 

(Theme is a remix of Marisa's theme "Love-colored Master Spark")

Theme Idea 2:

Spoiler

For me; What can I say, I love the music in Castlevania! This theme in particular stands out for me. It's about one of the game's vampires I believe. Which helps the theme fit for maple. She's a Vampire-FRUIT bat-pony, Sure but the theme's still really good. This teme give me that whole "Fight aginst a true warrior" Feeling, Which is another thing

I actually was kinda thinking about it Woody is his theme. His magic is primarily his singing. He doesn't need it for basic magic but Basic magic will only get him so far in battle.

Though if I was to attempt to pin it down This would be it:

Spoiler

This theme sounds like what the melody to stop time would sound like. Slow at first but accelerates quickly. It's intense, heroic sounding and almost Demonic in places. So I feel this theme is good for him (Above others)

(Theme is a remix of Sakuya's theme "Lunar clock ~ Lunar dial"

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Techno Universal said:

@General Solar Magus

Okey I just found a soundtrack that would be really good for when Techno gets into a battle! So Techno would probably start playing this when he truly gets engaged in battle like that's when his eyes glow red and everything around him in the environment looks like neon objects. :)

Nice. It suite Techno's Style well.

1 hour ago, Maple Bat said:

This is a really tough one.

Finding something that captures the core essence of Maple and Woody

Maple's theme I have 2 for Maple that I'm kinda stuck between

Theme Idea 1:

Hide contents

To me; This theme is really hope inducing and "epic" Sounding. The theme has an impact and it's a pretty good one too! I feel this one would be goo since Maple is the kinda fighter who would take on impossible odds to keep her homelands safe and I feel this theme captures that. 

(Theme is a remix of Marisa's theme "Love-colored Master Spark")

Theme Idea 2:

Hide contents

For me; What can I say, I love the music in Castlevania! This theme in particular stands out for me. It's about one of the game's vampires I believe. Which helps the theme fit for maple. She's a Vampire-FRUIT bat-pony, Sure but the theme's still really good. This teme give me that whole "Fight aginst a true warrior" Feeling, Which is another thing

I actually was kinda thinking about it Woody is his theme. His magic is primarily his singing. He doesn't need it for basic magic but Basic magic will only get him so far in battle.

Though if I was to attempt to pin it down This would be it:

Reveal hidden contents

This theme sounds like what the melody to stop time would sound like. Slow at first but accelerates quickly. It's intense, heroic sounding and almost Demonic in places. So I feel this theme is good for him (Above others)

(Theme is a remix of Sakuya's theme "Lunar clock ~ Lunar dial"

Between the two for Maple i would suggest the first one, but if you want the other let me know.

It's true the Woody is in himself a musical being, so I see your point. If you don't want a song for him then is perfectly fine. Nothing is compulsory. Let me which songs are final when you are ready.

Notes to all role players:

1) You guys don't have to have songs for your OC's if you don't want them to. Infact you can have anything. I'd be glad to write a character themed poem for you like what the boss Lich has if you wanna go that way. You also of course have both.

2) I've chosen that the days I will be responding to IC posts is Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays. I will be responding to PM's and such any time of the week, but IC responses will be on those days. If there is anything up with those times for you guys, let me know although I don't think it should be a big deal.

3) I can only really do the map properly and add it to the OOC main post until everypony has done at at least one post iC, as then I will know where each of your guys locations on the Equestrian map is.

12 minutes ago, Der Kerzenwaechter said:

I would like to ask again, would anybody mind having Morph stick around them? He isn't much of a character alone. And if nobody takes this up, General Solar Magus, would you mind running a canon character he could end up sticking around?

Yeah or maybe Morph might turn into a massive cape and he then puts himself on Techno! Like it would be very funny for Techno to have a second cape suddenly that's actually Morph that's following him around! :)

• Brohoof 2

On 11/8/2017 at 7:31 AM, Der Kerzenwaechter said:

I would like to ask again, would anybody mind having Morph stick around them? He isn't much of a character alone. And if nobody takes this up, General Solar Magus, would you mind running a canon character he could end up sticking around?

If you'd like I'll gladly set up a cannon interaction with him.

5 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

@General Solar Magus

Was waiting for you to respond to my post...unless I missed the notification...

Well I did designate my response times to Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays, but perhaps I should consider making them more frequent. Perhaps I'll simply consider going for every second day.

• Brohoof 1

On 11/6/2017 at 10:00 AM, General Solar Magus said:

I finally saw the movie, and it was amazing!! 

I saw it a little while ago, and I agree that it is rather good (I wouldn't go all the way up to 'amazing' but decidedly in the 'very good' camp.) But I digress.

8 hours ago, General Solar Magus said:

"The Griffon Kingdom you say. I hear they were recently in a war with Equestria a few month ago. I hope you weren't affected by it."

I realise that I didn't fully flesh out my idea of the Boarder Campaigns, but to give a brief overview of what I had in mind:

1. Prelude to War 9 years ago - Dispute between Equestria and the Gryphon Kingdoms over territory. 

2. Escalation 8 years ago - Gryphon clan the Wartalons take disputed territory by force. Equestrian forces retaliate, and the Gryphon King is forced to declare war or lose the support of the powerful clans.

3. Guerrilla Conflict 8-5 years ago - Gryphon forces use hit-and-run attacks to weaken the Equestrian forces, refusing to engage in large-scale battles. Equestrian forces unable to score decisive victories but unwilling to march on Griffonstone to provoke large-scale battles. Lieutenant Flight promoted to Captain for their work defending supply trains from gryphon raiders.

4. War in the Sky 5-3 years ago - First use of airships in combat at the battle of Highdale; Wartalon chief Grimclaw killed and their warband defeated. Captain Flight promoted to General. Equestrian forces gain new mobility from the use of airships, using rapid response forces to hunt down Gryphon warbands; finally able to bring the Gryphons to battle, the tide quickly turns in Equestria's favour.

5. AirLand Battle 3 years ago - Forced to group their warbands into larger and larger formations to keep them from being picked off by Equestrian airship forces, the main Equestrian force was ultimately able to force the combined warbands to battle where their traditional battle lines defeated the less disciplined Gryphon forces. The Gryphon King ceded the disputed territory to Equestria, ending the war.

6. Collapse 3 years ago to present day - With their authority left in tatters after the military defeat, the Gryphon King faced uprisings from multiple clans, and currently controls only Griffonstone and the territory of a handful of loyal clans. Rebel clans have been fighting both loyalist clans and Equestrian forces in the formerly disputed territory, with the Gryphon King unable to unite the kingdom and Equestria reluctant to become involved in the Gryphon Civil War.

If any of this doesn't fit then I can change it. The key distinction (that most ponies might not be aware of) is that Equestria is not at war with the Gryphon Kingdoms - although there has been constant fighting on the boarder since the conflict ended, it hasn't been with loyalist clans.

As an aside, I did realise half way through that 'Griffonstone' suggests that the canonical spelling (for MLP at least) is griffon rather than gryphon, but at that point I couldn't be bothered to change it and didn't want to suddenly go from one spelling to the other.

• Brohoof 1

52 minutes ago, Once In A Blue Moon said:

I saw it a little while ago, and I agree that it is rather good (I wouldn't go all the way up to 'amazing' but decidedly in the 'very good' camp.) But I digress.

I realise that I didn't fully flesh out my idea of the Boarder Campaigns, but to give a brief overview of what I had in mind:

1. Prelude to War 9 years ago - Dispute between Equestria and the Gryphon Kingdoms over territory. 

2. Escalation 8 years ago - Gryphon clan the Wartalons take disputed territory by force. Equestrian forces retaliate, and the Gryphon King is forced to declare war or lose the support of the powerful clans.

3. Guerrilla Conflict 8-5 years ago - Gryphon forces use hit-and-run attacks to weaken the Equestrian forces, refusing to engage in large-scale battles. Equestrian forces unable to score decisive victories but unwilling to march on Griffonstone to provoke large-scale battles. Lieutenant Flight promoted to Captain for their work defending supply trains from gryphon raiders.

4. War in the Sky 5-3 years ago - First use of airships in combat at the battle of Highdale; Wartalon chief Grimclaw killed and their warband defeated. Captain Flight promoted to General. Equestrian forces gain new mobility from the use of airships, using rapid response forces to hunt down Gryphon warbands; finally able to bring the Gryphons to battle, the tide quickly turns in Equestria's favour.

5. AirLand Battle 3 years ago - Forced to group their warbands into larger and larger formations to keep them from being picked off by Equestrian airship forces, the main Equestrian force was ultimately able to force the combined warbands to battle where their traditional battle lines defeated the less disciplined Gryphon forces. The Gryphon King ceded the disputed territory to Equestria, ending the war.

6. Collapse 3 years ago to present day - With their authority left in tatters after the military defeat, the Gryphon King faced uprisings from multiple clans, and currently controls only Griffonstone and the territory of a handful of loyal clans. Rebel clans have been fighting both loyalist clans and Equestrian forces in the formerly disputed territory, with the Gryphon King unable to unite the kingdom and Equestria reluctant to become involved in the Gryphon Civil War.

If any of this doesn't fit then I can change it. The key distinction (that most ponies might not be aware of) is that Equestria is not at war with the Gryphon Kingdoms - although there has been constant fighting on the boarder since the conflict ended, it hasn't been with loyalist clans.

As an aside, I did realise half way through that 'Griffonstone' suggests that the canonical spelling (for MLP at least) is griffon rather than gryphon, but at that point I couldn't be bothered to change it and didn't want to suddenly go from one spelling to the other.

I understand. You don't need to change anything, it's all fine. I'll change that post to mentioning years instead of months. I'll add all of this history to the Equestrian history document I am cooking up before I release it.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Once In A Blue Moon said:

@)o( Dream Walker )o( Out of curiosity, did Alexandria fight in the Boarder Campaign between Equestria and the Gryphon Kingdom? And, if she did, for which side; and would she have met Flight? And, indeed, would she still remember if she had done any of the above*?

*timeline is a couple of posts above

Actually, I was about to bring this up involving Maple glad I saw this.

Maple would've been a captain of the night guard since the beginning of the war. As one of the strongest warriors in pony territory, She would've been involved a lot.

On 11/9/2017 at 1:01 PM, General Solar Magus said:

Guerrilla Conflict

Except for this part of the war. She's much too hot-blooded to try something like that. She'd have blown her own cover if the griffons hurt anyone because no matter who it is they deserve to be safe.

That said Maple wouldn't have killed anyone, She's 18 which is the youngest of the guards, She couldn't bring herself to do that... not even in a heated moment could she take a griffon's life. Plus she IS Fluttershy's daughter. So mercy runs in her blood.

Also meant to ask you, Do you think Maple and Flight would know each other. I'd imagine during a war that long

@C. Thunder Dash

Also curious about Thundy and Chelsea's involvement in that War too.

If not directly involved in it I'd imagine they'd have a distaste for the ponies who where fighters in the war as well

(Sorry I know a lot for one post.)

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Maple Bat said:

Also curious about Thundy and Chelsea's involvement in that War too.

If not directly involved in it I'd imagine they'd have a distaste for the ponies who where fighters in the war as well

They'll be involved...they both can fight, especially Chelsea. 

• Brohoof 1