Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Pony Power Rangers: Heroes of Harmony (S1)

Lektra Bolt

Dawn gave a slight smirk as her horn began to glow. “Oh, I intend to.” The tone of her voice left it up for debate on whether or not she was responding to Clayton or Luster. After a few seconds, spears of blue ice formed out of the moisture within the air and with a quick levitation spell, they flew towards the ground. Any robots in their path were impalled, and the unicorn was already moving on to her next batch.

Of course, Dawn also had to be sure to dodge the batons that the robots were armed with. The last thing she needed was to be hit during a spell. The results would be explosive to say the least. “What exactly are these things guarding?” She thought go herself.”

Clayton grit his teeth as he continued to club any androids that got close to him with their now levitating ally. “Of course they have weapons, because why wouldn’t they?” He muttered to himself. At the very least, they were vulnerable when it came to long range comvat, making Dawn a effective obstacle. “Something tells me this isn’t her first fight, but still. She’s pretty good.”

When the first robot he used as a weapon became nothing more than scrap, the unicorn simply cancelled the first spell, before doing the same to another. Assuming that these things adapted after each defeat, then he would have to remember to bring a actual weapon next time. His scythe would be a good choice, if anything.

Rocky Roads, Midmorning, Las Pegasus
@Lektra Bolt

The earth pony let out a satisfied sigh as he was promised no trouble, taking a relaxed glance around him as to tell the crowd "can you believe this?" or something of the sort, kind of letting the speech go in from the other ear and out from the next, something about teleporters not working. No lying, he hadn't seen any teleport-y stuff during the past days so she was probably right. He, however, quickly twisted his head back to the unicorn and perked his ears attentively as his name was mentioned, and trying to follow the train this time around he didn't ponder with his answers for too long. "Yes, it is nice to meet you as well erm...mrs. Lektra Bolt?" It would be a pretty sore one if this you know, wasn't Lektra, but who else could it be? The words "...you know who I am, at least vaguely." Pointed pretty clearly to that, but Rocky had been pranked before. 

He proceeded to merely observe, still in a seated position as the blanket was levitated and nicely placed near him and the unicorn started making her way somewhere, ushering him to go with her of all things. Sure, it was to be expected after the hassle they had just went through, but it still felt pretty odd, suddenly being part of something bigger and all that. He hastily launched his flank up from the pavement and picked up the blanket, rushing to forcibly stuff it inside his saddle bags, re-equipping the heavy things and trotting after Lektra, most of their straps still open and freely flapping against his emerald coat.

It was some form of home for the elderly they had stepped inside of. Were they visiting her grandma or something? Rocky just stood there in the middle of the reception area, examining the ceiling with a thoughtful pout on his mouth, not really paying attention to any and all odd looks he might have caught. 'Rocky, Lektra and the Moving Washing Machine in today's episode: Paperwork Adventures!' He chuckled under his breath as he eventually gave the unicorn and her little robot a glance, thinking of cool names for their radical adventure so far. His smile did fade a little when he heard her, well, somewhat distressing tone of voice. He had no heckin' clue what they were on about but there was some tension there and it wasn't the fun type.

Rocky eradicated the smile from his face instantly and replaced it with the classical "Royal guard look" as he didn't want to offend anyone, simply waving at the lady behind the desk in an awkward manner before following Lektra outside and into the alley where they had just came from. He couldn't help but think what kind of fill-in papers their epic bureaucracy adventure would entail next.

Edited by Gabriel
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

sig-4707729.sig-4629275.sig-4629275.sig-

@Gabriel

Lektra Bolt, Early Afternoon, Las Pegasus

I bowed my head to Rocky apologetically. "I'm sorry. I really have to apologize to you. I know this is all very confusing and sudden. How we met so randomly and what I was just doing. You probably have many questions, and I promise it will all be answered very soon." I tapped my Morpher Bracelet in the 'recall' motion with my left hoof on my right, setting it for Plus One and grabbing onto Rocky. "Hold onto your lunch!" Sparky was always included in my teleportations unless things needed to go otherwise. Sparky and I were enveloped in a golden light while Rocky was enveloped in white since he didn't have his powers yet.

Command Center, Castle of Friendship

Sparky, Rocky, and I appeared in the middle of the Command Center, with Magitek lights dancing across the walls decoratively. My control console and chair was in the middle, as I also directed the Morphing Grid Crystal to go up from it's floor recession. I then turned to Rocky.

"Welcome to the Command Center Rocky. You probably have many questions. Some of them will probably be answered by Sparky." I turned to Sparky. "Sparky please show him what happened here before with the others."

Sparky beeped and whirred in affirmation, spinning his head around as he made a projection of earlier events.

Spoiler

Rocky is now shown the events of the following posts, as they took place:

As the projection played out I just sat there in my control chair. Once that was finished Sparky switched off the projection and wheeled off, returning several moments later with a tray of refreshments from Sugarcube Corner and some Sweet Apple Acres Cider. "I know this is a lot to take in, but I need you to trust me and place your dominant hoof inside the portal in this crystal as they did. It's called the Morphing Grid." I'd field any questions he had after. The forces of evil don't rest. We didn't have a lot of time.

There was one more thing I wanted to show him, what happened before we met, but that would happen after he joined in the program he signed up for

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

Dawn smirked at the fact that they might actually come out on top of their first fight, but that didn’t stop her from noticing that one of the bots was missing. “We got a runner. I should be able to hit it, though.”

Unfortunetly for the one that did try to run, the unicorn excelled in long range attacks, which at the moment consisted of trying to spear it on oversized icicles of blue... ice. Whether or not she hit the androids directly in front of her, however, was a different matter.

• Brohoof 1

Clayton gave a low whistle at the amount of magic Dawn was throwing around. He figured some unicorns had higher reserves when it came to the stuff, but he wasn’t one of them. The smith, figuring that the mare had this handled, simply sat back and watched the chaos. If one got too close, then he would be sure to take it out.

• Brohoof 1

...meanwhile... - Mid-Morning - Baltimare - Downtown

The first constabulary to arrive at the scene had been pegasi, of course.

There had been five of them, all responding to a simple-sounding alarm from the nearby museum.  It had been routine, getting together and hitting the area, making a sweep, and finding whoever it had been who was responsible for either knocking over some random display, or maybe there was some issue with the system itself.  Regardless, the call had been sent, and these five were among the first to respond.

That was twenty minutes ago.

Foglamp had NEVER seen anything like this before, not in all her years as an officer of Equestrian Law, not in picture books she'd read as a filly, nor even her wildest dreams.  As her friends and fellow officers all fell prey to the insidious black crystalline-stuff, one by one, Foglamp did her utmost best to try to do whatever she could to attempt to stop the source of the offense.  

Unfortunately, it seemed more like an impossible match with each growing second.  Even Zip Cumulus had gone down already, and he'd flown directly into the things''s way when it tried to hit her with that thing it had, infecting him with that weird crystal stuff instead of her.  The tears were flowing freely, mostly because she had loved Zip with all her heart, but she'd felt the loss of all her fellow officers and was now simply trying to do what she could to keep herself from joining them as curious black statues.

She was hiding, of all things, on the rooftop of the Biscuithead Bakery across from the museum.  She HATED this place, as she'd always found the bread here to be a bit too soft for her tastes.  She preferred something more like hard tack than fluffy loaves, any day of the week.  But now, it was her only refuge against this nightmare.

Which is why the bottom fell out of her hope as the entire four-story factory shook.  Foggy looked over the side, and she saw it again.  The damned thing was using its' tail to take large, hard chunks of concrete and wood from the side of the place - and she could feel the whole thing teetering more and more with each subsequent hit.  Worse than that?  She had seen the damned thing jump; it could EASILY reach where she was, but it was knocking out the building instead.

Sweet Celestia's Crown, it was toying with her.

It had already crippled her when it threw a cart at her; the brightly-painted thing had broken her wing (not to mention rattled her bones), and now she felt that she was almost as helpless as a newborn foal, stuck on the roof of a stupid bread factory while it gets knocked out from underneath her hooves.

Foggy wiped away her tears, and hugged herself tightly as the building shuddered beneath her, yet again.  She squeezed her lavender eyes shut, and began to pray for a miracle to save her...

@Drago Ryder @Acnologia 

The bots aluminum frame was skewered to the ground. The whirring of it's gears and motors ceasing forever more. With the focus on their fallen comrade, the other five charged at Dawn and Clayton in a full frontal assault.

Meanwhile, a notice appeared on Luster's HUD. 

@Lektra Bolt

"Alarm sounding at Baltimare museum. Well, mom is over nearby. She can handle it. And if not then she knows how to call up our riot control drones for assistance." 

• Brohoof 2

Rocky Roads, Early Afternoon, Las Pegasus

@Lektra Bolt

Rocky turned his head to the direction of Lektra as they stopped, perking his ears and tilting his head in the most obvious display of confusion as he listened to her speak. Everything she said was point on though; it had all been pretty damn sudden, he still had no slightest clue what was unraveling itself in front of his eyes while also managing to be the most random thing to ever fall upon him. Once she warned about his lunch and the very real threat of it climbing its way up soon, he only managed to force a very confused "E-eh?" out of his mouth before he was blasted by white light. 

Rocky Roads, Command Center, Castle of Friendship

When the blinding lights dissipated, the green earth pony noticed to his utmost surprise and amazement that he was now standing somewhere entirely else. He swiftly threw his head around in a slightly panicked state, taking in all he flashy lights and the fact that he just about might had been teleported for reals. He relaxed a little once his eyes caught Lektra and her little robotic companion there with him, but it didn't help his flabbergasted level of confusion to say the least. He exhaled as she started speaking, now certain that the world was still working normally after the incident.

His confusion levels did nothing but skyrocketed, however, as the small robo showed him some things he was not sure whether he should laugh at or gasp at. He merely stared at the footage, mouth agape, saddle bags slowly dropping to the floor thanks to them being not tied properly and the other side weighing at least double compared to the other, occasionally sparing a very confused glance at Lektra when something odd happened or was mentioned. Once the projection faded out, the earth pony slowly turned his head to the yellow unicorn, staring at her with wide eyes as the machine scurried off somewhere, his ears flattening slightly in an emotion that would best be described as a mix confusion, anxiety and even fear, and even then, he had that small glimmer in his eye as he stared; excitement. After a little while he started to slightly stomp his front hooves against the floor as he caught restless legs. He was a little bit like that, getting all hyper under stress. 

"G-gee willikers..." He finally let out,using every fiber of his being to fight the disbelief that he was actually going to be something other than a faceless nobody. Mother was probably dying of worry and had put up at least two, no, dozen search parties for his son, but all of a sudden he...didn't really care, like, at all. In fact, he was happy that he was away from that witch of a pony for once. 

The emerald earth pony steeled his resolve, puffing his chest, equipping a decisive pout onto his facade and took a step forward. His ears flattened thanks to fear of the unknown as he slowly extended his left...no wait. He quickly switched to the right hoof, stumbling a little thanks to the nervousness, and after a split second his hoof was stuffed inside the portal. Placing, stuffing, jamming...all meant the same anyways right? He didn't even have the chance of having the comic relief "Oh, feels like it's doing nothing!" -moment as a sensation of warmth instantly surrounded his hoof, solidifying into something around it before gently pushing his limb away. He sure didn't know what it was at least, for his eyes were closed shut during the entire process, teeth gritted like he was being murdered right then and there.

Then there came the second part, which brought upon an odd feeling, almost as if he was...floating? He slightly opened his right eye, this only proving his suspicions. He was all ready to let out an agonizing screech but was saved from it by a flash of light and an even more sudden feeling than the warmth playing with his hoof just a second ago. He was wearing something, surely he was, felt all fabric like, his breath echoing slightly, almost like he was wearing a helmet. As his roller skates hit the floor...wait...roller skates? He shot his eyes open, dipping his head down to see better, and sure was; golden roller skates on each hoof, which connected to legs that were all covered up by a green tight suit that only left little for the imagination.

What would mom say now? Seeing his son all super hero'd up like no one has ever seen before! A bit wobbly thanks to the blades under his hooves but still, a hero is a hero even his flank about to be slammed against the floor at any second. All the earlier discomfort and anxiety discharged as nothing but blissful glee when the newly knighted ranger started laughing like a maniac under his helmet.

"Look at me mom, look at me world! LOOK AT ME NOW! Hahahaha!" He laughed, the applications had not been a lie like those silent vacuum cleaner advertisements he had seen earlier on the tv. "Oh everyone's gonna love me as I save them from uh...timberwolves and and....manticores and dragons and..." The joy was put to a halt as he finally had what was coming and slipped, falling on his behind with a loud thump. He was too excited to be deterred by such minor incidents, however, and bounced right back up, staring at Lektra intensely, waiting for her next words as he stifled a giggle every now and then.

• Brohoof 3

Once the android that was attempting to flee was dealt with, Dawn noticed the others were charging at the two unicorns, and simply gave a light sigh. “You’d think that these things would learn by now.” She said, before forming two spikes of ice. A pulse of magic sent the two barreling at a pair of androids that just so happened to be close to her, aiming for their chest.

• Brohoof 2

Clayton shrugged as he dodged out of the way of one that had gotten to close to him. “Or at the very least have some wireless communications.” His horn then gave a dull glow, and with a flick of his head, the same android was sent into one that was behind Dawn. “I know I shouldn’t say it, but this seems too easy.”

• Brohoof 1

@Acnologia @Drago Ryder 

"That's because this is just a scouting party." Luster said as she jumped down from her perch. And promptly stomped out the last bot. "Scrappers, I like to call em.
Early models made for reconnaissance, private security and crowd suppression. As you can see, they don't work well in small numbers.  Or against anypony stronger than the average Earthen stallion. Or anypony with any rudimentary fighting abilities. Which is why we abandoned the design initially. Obsidian don't appear to have made many modifications, so their going for a quantity over quality approach. Meaning we may have to deal with a whole lot more of these. But the longer we can put that off by playing it smart and stealthy, the better." 

She jumped back up into the nearest tree. "Come on, we've still got another quarter mile to cross." 

• Brohoof 1

sig-4707729.sig-4629275.sig-4629275.sig-

@Gabriel@Denim&Venom@Acnologia@Drago Ryder

Lektra Bolt, Early Afternoon, Command Center, Castle of Friendship

I finished his sentence after he seemed to settle down a bit in excitement. "And Wendigos." Little did he know, those were the giant constructs that were everyone's fighting machines.

"Speaking of which, let me welcome you formally to the Power Rangers: Harmony Force." I patted his head with my left forehoof as I got out of my command chair. "As you can no doubt see, you are the Green Harmony Ranger, and according to the instruments attached to the Morphing Grid portal crystal it has created the Green Timberwolf Zord for you using Bolt Solutions Magitek." He would meet it later, as well as get his weapon.

"There is one other thing I would like to show you, but please promise you won't throw up like I did. It's um, disturbing and not for the faint of heart." I then turned to Sparky. "Sparky please show him what happened just before we met."

Sparky beeped and whirred in affirmation, spinning his head around as he made a projection of earlier events.

Spoiler

Rocky is shown the events of this reply:

Good luck lol!

Just as it was finished, the alarm went off. All around the Command Center multicolored lights went off. I facehooved. Great, what else could go wrong?

Spoiler

"Trouble in Baltimare Museum." I looked at the alarm Magitek holo panel and the timestamp as the information began to come in. "This happened a half hour ago?!" I turned to Sparky. "Why are we just getting this now?!"

Sparky beeped and whirred, turning his head around as he explained. "You silenced the alarm before we left and it went off a second time just now? Why would you do this?" I turned to Rocky as Sparky beeped and whirred, apologizing for his mistake.

"I'm sorry about this. I hope you're not too traumatized by what you saw, because you're needed right now." I turned to the console and the Viewing Crystal, pulling up the location of the request for help and it's exact coordinates. "We're needed, all of us. You'll soon meet the others, the ponies you saw in the projection."

I then opened the comm channel to the others, passing them the location coordinates and local police department reaction, which wasn't good. Their Morpher Bracelets should make a magical holo projection of the map and the location in distress. The situation there wasn't good at all.

"Rangers! A guard at Baltimare Museum was recently attacked by something, and eye witness reports are inconclusive. The guard was covered in crystal, consistent with use of an Obsidian Orb. Whatever it is is probably on the loose as we speak. Exercise caution, as those things were able to immobilize the Princesses. Hopefully it's similar and not actually an Obsidian Orb, as that was exclusive to the Storm Forces." I paused and showed them some scenes from the city, showing some blocks around the museum had damage. My tiny scout constructs had arrived on the scene but were unable to find the source of the disturbance. The Rangers would have to find it on their own.

"The Obsidian Corps will have to be dealt with quickly, as there isn't much time to waste. Your new companion and I will take some Magibots with us. Try to meet us there ASAP." I paused and sighed, closing the call after giving the new mission briefing. This was a lot for Rocky to process all at once, and I trusted Luster to handle the situation at the old refinery until they had finished their current mission and transported to join us.

Turning to Rocky I sighed. "I'm sorry to thrust you into things like this right after viewing a sad event that you know I threw up after, but you're needed. It's time to be a hero. Any questions before we had over to Baltimare Museum?"

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 3

...meanwhile... - Mid-Morning - Baltimare - Downtown

The dust cloud was much bigger than Scorpio had expected, but the rumble had been worthwhile.

He had never been very much on the idea of actually saving Equestria -  if he was given enough to eat and a warm place to sleep, Scorpio would have just settled in and left the rest of this nonsense behind him.  However, it was undeniable that The Great Prophet had known Scorpio would be easily bored with merely attending summits and such; that stuff wasn't for him.  The Great Prophet had KNOWN this, and when he'd heard that slightest of whispers in his own ear, he'd been convinced that this was TRULY someone powerful, indeed.

Scorpio (not his real name, but he'd eschewed his original one long ago) was told that he was a pillar of strength, and that he would be needed to strike fear into the hearts of The Prophet's enemies.  He'd been serenaded by the honeyed words, but when he'd been offered REAL power... well, he certainly didn't hesitate to volunteer.  Of course, for his kind, Scorpio had already been exceptional; he understood spoken words quite thoroughly - and had even been practicing speaking a few of his own.  The power he'd been presented with simply boosted what was already there.

Sometimes, though... he felt that maybe he was thinking too much, nowadays.  He had begun to experience things he'd never felt before - and it had made him uncomfortable, even with the power he'd gained.  He already showed an attachment to the rest of his 'family' that he swore wasn't there when he joined them.  But they HAD taken him in, fed him, groomed him and taught him about The Great Prophet's Grand Plan... and then, they had brought him to the crystal.

He had heard the whisper, though he couldn't wrap his mind around the concept of what The Prophet was talking about... but, when he was asked if he wanted POWER, well - that was what Virgo had called a 'no-brainer'.  Pledging his loyalty, he'd been given the same treatment as the rest:  Spoke the oath, took the name, and accepted the power.  And OH, WHAT POWER!

He could knock down buildings - a trick which he never got tired of.  He could jump much farther than he'd ever been able to.  He could walk on walls, which had been amusing for as long as he could remember.  But his favorite change?  His venom.

Before, it had potency, but only so much.  It had always worked on prey, and he'd never really used it for any purpose other than hunting or defense... but now?  NOW, it had the power to turn whatever he poisoned into black stone.  Granted, not exactly the most efficient way to hunt edible prey, but the Prophet's followers had been taking care of his meals, so he honestly didn't mind so much.  In fact, it worked like a charm on anything alive - he recalled with glee the museum guard who'd set off the alarm before he was covered.  

Did Scorpio enjoy being vicious and mean?  Well, somewhat.

He'd grown up in the wild, so there was that wild nature that was present; that led to a number of hunts which ended in black stone victory.  But then, they hadn't been edible after they had changed, so it felt a bit like he'd been cheated.  But, it DID make for some excellent fun - especially if other prey had witnessed what became of the poisoned ones.

Scorpio LIKED fear in his opponents, though.  He always had.  It made him feel like he was a successful hunter, the looks on the faces of his prey as he struck them down.  The undeniable evidence that THEY were inferior next to him, that he would NEVER have to endure life in a cage again.  EVER.

He tried not to recall those days, where he'd been netted in his homeland and forced into a small cage, as part of a roaming menagerie.  Four long years, he spent there.  All the while, loathing his captors and making a million and one plans to escape that would never work.  So he spent many a night there, dreaming of blessed freedom.  

Freedom DID come, and it had a name: IVORY.

After being freed from his cage with the rest of the menagerie, the stalwart Ivory had come to HIM - not the rest of the animals, but to HIM - and had extended an invitation to meet those in power... and to BECOME one, as well.  How could he have said anything but yes, with four years of his life squandered by greedy shysters?

He'd relished killing every last one of those fools who had thought him to be 'tamed' by their cruelty and negligence.  Scorpio had joined up with the forces of The Great Prophet because they gave him enough power to guarantee he would never end up in a cage again.  And, to this day, he never had.  Now, as he glanced back at the crystal-tipped spear in his possession, he was doing the bidding of The Great Prophet.

Honestly, after all he had been through, he was glad to serve such a power as this - it respected him, he thought.  Which was strange, as respect had never really mattered to him before his change...

But no matter.

Scorpio looked over the rubble of the bakery, and was pleased to see a single hoof sticking out of the wreckage, with dust-matted fur that matched the color of the pegasus officer who he'd been chasing earlier.  It had been a fun hunt, but once he'd wounded her, she had simply hid on the roof of the bakery.  Well, that didn't stop him; he'd simply knocked the entire building down... with her on top of it.

Good, he thought, no loose ends for me to worry about.

He turned and began to make his way to the place he'd been told would be the most productive in bringing him home, via magic.  He couldn't cast spells, but he didn't need to - he had strength, he had brains, he had his venom.

Scorpio felt that it was wonderful to have power.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Lektra Bolt
Rocky Roads, Command Center

Rocky nodded profusely as the yellow unicorn added to the list of enemies, only stopping to caress the moment of fortune when she patted his helmeted head and explained a lot of stuff, half of which flew straight over his head. Zord? Magitek? A lot of stuff for a simple baker colt to take in but oh well, as long as they let him keep the suit it was all cool anyways. The nodding continued when she asked her not to throw up. He had seen some pretty bad looking cookings during his life so he was absolutely positive that whatever was behind that projection, it wouldn't phase him at all.

He squinted as he slowly closed the gap between his head and the projection. Fair enough, he saw the same streets they had been just standing on but moments before, the now familiar unicorn and her metallic companion quite warily going about, looking shadier with their intent than Princess Luna's chambers. As they walked into the retirement home, rocky was now almost glued to the projection, trying to get in as many small details as possible. It could be a test of some sort and he sure as Tartarus didn't want to fail anything now.

All looked fine, a little bit of accountant trolling with the papers, but it was a common courtesy to rebel against the authorities anyways these days right? It soon got more interesting when the plot twisted harder than his heart strings as everything truly dawned to him. It took only a minute before his head was not glued to the projection anymore as he had taken some distance, hanging his head slightly, just listening, not really wanting to watch it anymore. The helmet disguised his emotions but if his hung pose was of any indication, he was really taking it in. All the speak of malice and torture was something that he had basically never had to hear about before. He thought it was all about posing like a badass while beating the timberwolves and saving the damsel but this was something more. It was not like in the comic books even if he looked like a comic book hero, it was the real world, and it sure as damn was a painful place.

He didn't even have anything silly to say about Lektra passing out anymore (Which he had naturally planned out beforehand), and when he heard the projection finally fade he slowly raised his head in order to say something, but his attention was swiftly nailed to the flashy, yet not ear destroying alarm that went off. He switched his gaze between Lektra and the spinny thing in a mild state of panic as the unicorn and the robot exchanged words (and beeps), only completely focusing on Lektra as she spoke to him. Merely a muffled "E-eh?" was heard from under the green helmet, the earth pony not really managing to question a thing before she already moved on. Obsidian Orb? Immobilize the Princesses? The Obsidian Corps? Magibots? What kind of warzone was this?

The green ranger swiftly rose up to attention as he was spoken to once again, a chance to present questions finally presented to him, but he was so overwhelmed by the past few minutes that he only managed a confused grunt and a hasty "Uhm, I mean no ma'am!" He shouted as he straightened his back like in the royal army. This was of course as far from the truth as could be, but he didn't even know where to start. Besides, she looked all anxious to get going and he didn't want to be the boulder weighing her down, especially now that he was on a "test run":

Edited by Gabriel
  • Brohoof 3

Clayton nodded slightly and simply followed Luster. Considering the fact that this was there first mission, things had gone relatively well. The unicorn was brought out of his thoughts by Lektra’s call. “Weren’t those things destroyed by the end of that entire fiasco.” Woth a light shrug, he simply pushed that concern to the back of his mind. It was just one more thing they had to deal with.

Dawn’s eyes widened when she recieved Lektra’s message, not exactly expecting something to pop up as soon as they had went on their first mission. As for the artifact in question, depsite having found one a few months prior, this was still something that was relatively new to her Glancing at Luster, she just assumed that she had already recieved the message as she voiced her concern. “So, I guess we take care of the job here, then we head West?”

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

@Lektra Bolt @Acnologia @Drago Ryder 

"Not exactly. Most were locked away by the royal government after the Storm Kings death. But just because he died doesn't mean the military industrial complex he built didn't go with him. That's where Obsidian comes in. Trying to get an edge over Bolt Solutions, they headed south and began trading with the turbulent Storm Kingdom hoping to acquire their tech and arms in order to reproduce for a profit. Their resources and the Storm Tech could very much change Equestria from a world power to a military one, if things like peace, prosperity and ethics weren't in the way. 

Our suits should give us some protection over the effects. Not likely they'll be used, since Obsidian haven't quite nailed the formula down yet. Right now, they're just trying to re-purpose our factory and strip mine the quarry. And speaking of the area-" Luster stopped.

"We're here." as they approached the clearing around the factory. 

"Whatever is happening in Baltimare will have to be handled by the Professor or the civilian militia. We have to focus on the current mission on hoof before anything else. Besides, if you can't handle corrupt arms dealers, then asking to face a terrorist cell armed with dark magic relics is tantamount to a death wish." 

She turned and began walking along the edge of the tree line. "Stay sharp for patrols, and keep an eye out for traps or cameras. We'll end this mission rightly if we can avoid a fight all together. For now, let's find the shortest path from here to the complex." 

• Brohoof 3

On 12/22/2017 at 5:45 AM, Randimaxis said:

Freedom DID come, and it had a name: IVORY.

After being freed from his cage with the rest of the menagerie, the stalwart Ivory had come to HIM - not the rest of the animals, but to HIM - and had extended an invitation to meet those in power... and to BECOME one, as well.  How could he have said anything but yes, with four years of his life squandered by greedy shysters?

Narration to the  scorpio's past 

A shadowed figure in a hood came over and faced with a group of caged menageries, some are either half beaten, worn out, or restless. A smirk came across his face as he rise his wing and made a silent swoosh creating a powerful wind enough to "slice" off the chains. Freeing the menagerie from slavery,  but his mission was not  to free these animals.no. the great prophet made this one specific...He turns his eyeballs from right to left to find a chosen one who is  worthy enough to be part of the creed. someone who is strong enough but have known pain and yet  thrive to pass all that. The great prophet "spoke" to him(not that the great prophet spoken to him directly but he just heard him spoke though him) about finding a worthy member on this location. saying he will know right away once he sees him/or her. Ivory spotted a sciopian like creature but he is not like the others. Unlike the others his eyes is filled with hate,anger  and yet determined. Ivory can sense a strong character...a survivalist ...and a hunter in him. And Ivory knew right there that he is the one the great prophet  what to promote into the creed...Ivory welcomed him, leaving the rest behind. 

Edited by TBD
  • Brohoof 2

Clayton gave a light shrug as he simply followed Luster. The fact that a major corporation was trying to essentially recreate a weapon that could potentially do a great deal of damage was not something that he really wanted to think about. “Right. That would make the most sense.” His voice was low, and the unicorn seemed a bit distracted with his own thoughts

• Brohoof 3

Dawn merely gave a light nod, hapoy with Luster’s response. She may have been good with her own variant of magic, but she had no idea who their enemies were. That, in turn, would only serve to get her and the other rangers killed should they rush in without formulating a plan, and the fact that they could be facing dark magic was not something that she wanted to take lightly. 

When her mind returned to the present and she looked at the clearing, she began to study the area. Something felt off about it, but she couldn’t exactly place what it was. Pushing that to the back of her mind, the mare followed Luster, keeping to her left flank.

• Brohoof 2

• 4 months later...

@Drago Ryder @Acnologia 

The trio of them stayed within the tree line, circling the perimeter until they reached the tree lines edge and gravel lot of the quarry shelf. Luster continued to look, her jet black visor directed at the factory. 

"The two of you see that?" 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

“You mean aside frm the grunts around it, or the fact that any one is here at all?” Honestly, he didn’t know what else they should’ve been expecting aside from what was blatantly obvious. Granted, he was relativle new to this sort of thing, so he figured it would be best to just let the more experianced personnel handle this. “Hopefully no one was here when they came.”

• Brohoof 1

@Acnologia @Drago Ryder 

"No. The opposite." As Luster appeared to look at the compound. And only the compound. 

"It's quiet. Too quiet. Why isn't there anything patrolling the perimeter. Why is there no activity at the plant? Why does it look just as deserted as when it was cleared out last year?

What were those scouts protecting, if it wasn't this?" 

• Brohoof 1