Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

You should hug a tree

FlowerSun

17 minutes ago, pegapony said:

Plants have no brain, so I would say no from what we know today. But what do we know actually ?

I dunno. I have a feeling every living organism feels something. Being aware of it is another story though.

• Brohoof 3

3 minutes ago, Jade Fire said:

tree_hugger_by_thebosscamacho-d8tqbrb.thumb.png.278fee20acffc36f6c983147fb7328c7.png                                                                         

Perfect reply for a perfect topic:D

Anyway no i dont really think trees can feel anything man.

Edited by Spilight98
  • Brohoof 3

I love trees, they provide great beauty to the landscape. However, I won't hug one. Sorry, but the bark on them is full of splinters, and also bugs at this time of the year. I'll admire them from a distance (pretty much like I do with nature in general lol).

• Brohoof 1

11 minutes ago, Envy said:

I love trees, they provide great beauty to the landscape. However, I won't hug one. Sorry, but the bark on them is full of splinters, and also bugs at this time of the year. I'll admire them from a distance (pretty much like I do with nature in general lol).

Ditto. Hugging trees isn't exactly the most...pleasant of experiences; if you will. Then again, I'm an insider who admires nature. Go figure.

• Brohoof 1

While I am not exactly the tree hugging type, mainly because of the stuff that Envy mentioned, I do think human beings forget to appreciate them. They've been around since.....well, a very VERY long time and they provide oxygen to the world. They also are rather pretty looking. :3 These days human beings are so obsessed with going to war with each other and hatred that they don't afford the time to simply appreciate trees for what they are.

And as I am typing this, there is a tree cutting company group thing on the road next to my house, which pisses me off. Ironic timing though.

• Brohoof 2

Trees and most plant life respond to stimuli but it's not similar to the sensation of pain. With no nervous system or brain, pain isn't a feeling a plant is capable of experiencing. But they respond to nurturing and attention so it's easy for us to get attached to them as something in our care, and the duality of care and neglect makes us think they respond the same way a neglected creature feels. There is a poetic beauty to how they grow and thrive though, and I certainly can empathize. 

Edited by Guest

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Hooray! I can finally show off my inner tree hugger! And my excuse to people who give me weird looks is science!

Granted, I'll get a few blisters and ants and sap on me, but that's nature's way of saying "I love you too", lol

I've hugged my fair share of palm trees (my favorite trees) because I love the things. Trees in general are pretty amazing creations and I like to give them some love. Plants respond to certain kinds of stimuli, so love and affection aren't going to do any harm (as long as they know up front that it isn't going to go beyond a hug. I mean, I'm a human, it's a tree; it just wouldn't work out). 

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

@Lucky Bolt Well THATS random yet somehow not creepy and kinda strangely cute! :ButtercupLaugh:

Yeah, trees cant feel anything but at the same time I still dont throw plastic bottles out the windows like I did when I was a shithead kid!

We only have one earth, liberal or conservative we might as well protect our planet, we only have one right now! 

@Dreambiscuit ALRIGHT! Whats the deal with these palm trees? Someone has some splainin to do to this ole boy! 

• Brohoof 1

On 12/29/2019 at 9:49 PM, Blivy said:

@Dreambiscuit ALRIGHT! Whats the deal with these palm trees? Someone has some splainin to do to this ole boy! 

Palm trees are so much more unusual and beautiful than your average broccoli-shaped creation. For that reason and the fact that they evoke thoughts of warm tropical climates and white sand beaches that they get a special place in the mind and heart. Go ahead and hug one, you'll be glad you did! 

• Brohoof 1