Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Is Final Fantasy 3 a brony game?

FlowerSun

There is an achievement in it called on Steam "My Little Esper". This is unlocked when you find and ride a chocobo.

Thats a pun right for My Little Pony? Was that Square or Gabe Newell's idea. I know Gabe the creator of Valve and Steam is a brony. So just wondering?

Edited by FlowerSun

Having a reference in fiv3 doesnt really make it a brony game :confused: For example Borderlands 2 also has a mlp reference but I wouldn't really call it a "brony game".

But to answer your question yeah im pretty sure thats an intended pun

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Spilight98 said:

Having a reference in fiv3 doesnt really make it a brony game :confused: For example Borderlands 2 also has a mlp reference but I wouldn't really call it a "brony game".

But to answer your question yeah im pretty sure thats an intended pun

There is also references to other stuff like Lord of the Rings, if you find the Ultima sword you get "One Sword to Slay them All" achievement.

I just found it amusing.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 has a title called My Little Pwny

and that game came out before G4

but I guess nowadays everything starting with "My Little ..." is a reference XD

If we go deep, I could even say the Trophy "Online Pony" is a reference, tough the game is F1 2015 XD

Imagine trying to play that in the early 90's as a Famicom export without knowing a lick of Japanese. Talk about trial and error. 

As there were no MLP references in the original game, the obvious answer is no. 

• Brohoof 1

14 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Imagine trying to play that in the early 90's as a Famicom export without knowing a lick of Japanese. Talk about trial and error. 

As there were no MLP references in the original game, the obvious answer is no. 

Well it took me a month to get "Jack of all trade achievement" which essentially is leveling up all jobs to level 99. The hardest one to get.

Probably not considering there probably weren't bronies in the late 80's (That was still G1 I believe), and there weren't any even in the DS version of the game (which I had). Though that Steam Achievement may be in reference to it, the reference wasn't a part of the actual game.

Though there are actual references in some games to MLP, like the "My Little Pwny" title in MW2 (Though the game did come out before FiM), or Butt Stallion from Borderlands 2.