Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How often do you change your avatar?

Spilight98

So yeah i was just wondering how often do you guys change your avatar? (Exciting question I know)

But yeah i was wondering because I know all of you guys by your avatar but if any of you would change it i would most likely think i am talking to a different person:please:

Anyway i myself change it about every month. (I enjoy changing it for some reason)

• Brohoof 2

I use to change it every time finished drawing a new picture of my OC, but they seemed to get worse each time. So I just went back to this one and gave up on drawing. Currently waiting on an artist I commissioned to draw my permanent profile picture. 

Pretty much...never, almost. Last time I changed it was some weeks back for the awesome art that was done for me and I don't plan on changing it for the foreseeable future. When I have an avatar I really love, it sticks with me. X3 I like having that consistency.

• Brohoof 1

How often do I change my avatar?: 

More often than I thought I would, actually.

I have so many favorite MLP, Disney & other cartoon characters that I like that I change my avatar a lot

because, I can't make up my mind. :P

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

I change my Avatar every 2-3 Months i think, mostly to fit the Theme of a new User Name i have. I have the feeling that a new Avatar equals a new start and i try to be more active again. Doesnt really work that much though.

I tend to not change my avatar at all. I've had this avatar here since I joined the site. The main reason for that is people won't recognise me as well if I change it. I tend to remember people from their avatar, as opposed to their username. 

Until the FiM movie I rarely change my avatar except for special occasions. Here is the basic list. 

Current avatar - Default that most people associate me with. 

April 10th - I use my Facebook/Twitter/Discord avatar as that was what I used when I joined MLPF and that's my forumversary

Jan 21st - Black square

April 1st - RP as a character on show usually to play around with community

May 4th - Luke Skywalker

Halloween - ????? ;)

Dec - Christmas Rarity 

Week of Star Wars movie release - Movie avatar. 

Week of FiM movie - Various movie style avatars. 

Rarity episode - I will occasionally wear a Detective Rarity print I commissioned here. 

And when I was staff occasionally I would change it for inside jokes. 

• Brohoof 3

I change it on a weekly basis unless I find it really lit. I also tend to change my name really often so anyone who is interested in a long term friendship with me should probably check my Display Name History on a regular basis. :D To give you a small hint on the severity of my identity crisis, I joined September 5th and have already managed to change my icon about half a dozen times and the name has been changed twice.

Edited by Napalm
  • Brohoof 1

Sometimes I like to my avatar to represent my new works either in photography or by pony art. I've hadn't been keeping up with either of them since finalizing on my OC in particular but it's nice for a change occasionally. 

It depends, really. Sometimes I'm tempted to change my avatar when I've completed an art piece that I'd like to use. Most often I just try to keep the same one for some time (about a couple of months) since I don't like to change it so often that it'd cause confusion.

I have never changed my avatar, at least not for any length of time. I sometimes change it for a day or so for a special holiday and then go right back to my original. I pretty much just take my present avatar and add a different hat to it or something like that. I'm too lazy to do much more. :please: