Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

As I said before, as crazy as it may seem, it's a win "win" win all around.

1. It's a win for Hasbro, because they know that the fan base will want to go and see the movie on the big screen, because it would be for most/if not some a once in a lifetime experience to see the MANE 6 on the big screen.

2. It's a win for the fan base, especially if we do, did, and will see the movie on the Big Screen, but can't see it again, either due to financial reasons, or the cinema too far, etc..., this may be another way to watch the film over and over again. Especially if they want to have a more comfortable way of doing so.

3. It's another win for Hasbro, because they know folks will still go and buy the Blu-Ray/4K/DVD release next year, so they can view in crisp 1080p or 4K at home, but also to have it for the extended and deleted scenes and other bonus features.

So in the end, everyone wins all the way around.  Hasbro wins overall with fans supporting the movie thru both releases and the fan base wins, because while they wait, they can still enjoy the film again and again (if they've seen it in theaters) in the comfort of their own home.

And Hasbro knows that they really have no one to blame but themselves and those that leaked it online for this happening.

But that's just my written take on what I've said in the video.

1 hour ago, bwrosas said:

3. It's another win for Hasbro, because they know folks will still go and buy the Blu-Ray/4K/DVD release next year, so they can view in crisp 1080p or 4K at home, but also to have it for the extended and deleted scenes and other bonus features.

But most people doesn't really care enough about the quality to buy a movie that they've already seen, so I kind of fail to see your point. Also, the extended and deleted scenes are going to wind up online anyway so that's really no reason to buy the movie either.

While the budget of the movie isn't explicitly known, it's assumed that it was somewhere between $5 and $8 mil USD.  As of now, the film has grossed ~$15 mil USD worldwide.  On top of all that, it's pretty clear from the lack of advertising of the movie that Hasbro wanted the REAL money made from the movie to come from toy sales.

I don't think Hasbro, Lionsgate, or DHX is crying over me choosing to watch the leak instead of supporting the official release. :orly:

Edited by Hazard Time

13 minutes ago, Yamet said:

But most people doesn't really care enough about the quality to buy a movie that they've already seen, so I kind of fail to see your point. Also, the extended and deleted scenes are going to wind up online anyway so that's really no reason to buy the movie either.

Good Point.  But let me ask you this, Did Hasbro Know?  

I mean, let's say (for the sake of argument) Hasbro did let this leak happen.  I mean when you look at the timeline of when it occurred , between the NYC/LA premieres and other special screenings and the official release dates (10/5 evening and 10/6 full day), and how all sudden, after the official debut this past weekend, that Hasbro started to take "more" action. 

I mean if they didn't know, they would have taken action earlier, but they didn't, it was only afterwards (mostly).  So my question, did they not have faith the movie would do good in theaters?, Or did they let this leak happen as to get more attention and buzz surrounding the film? Or did they not legitimately know? 

One Has to Wonder.