Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pegapony new music

pegapony

27 minutes ago, StrawCherry said:

You don't need a review... but can I still say that those are lovely? I enjoy them! :D I mean... that's not a review, right?

Thanks ! Everything that makes me HAPPY is what I need to go on, and this made my evening, thanks StrawCherry.

• Brohoof 2

6 minutes ago, Fluttershy Friend said:

Very very good! My favourite is "Tribute for Her ...." I'm curious how much time do you need to create such a song?

Thank you very much Fluttershy Friend ! , different time for different songs, the Pinkie Jam was made "live" yesterday night in maybe 3h total. But the Celestia theme you asked about is another storry, it was transcripted a couple of years ago for

another project for a movie. Then the they didn´t need it, so I devoted it to Celsestia who is (for me) the highest form of creatures existing (and Fluttershy of course). Well say it was made in two weeks maybe ? Don´t remember exactly....

It takes very long time to do the solo violin, every single note needs to be altered to perfect the feeling, and that is very time consuming. Down bow, up bow different samples and velocity to get it exactly right.

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

Why don't you need a review? There's always room for improvement...

To me music is art. And art is something you like or dont´t like. 
It is up to the viewer to decide if it is beautiful or ugly.
In a painting already painted, one can not change a color scale or how the lines are drawn.
The painting is there finished, and can´t be changed to something else.

I started as a child to play, and every lesson I asked my techer
-What is this chord called, then pusching down 5 or 6 keys that made a nice chord in my ears.
My teacher looked around, scratching his head, stammered and said, well that´s to complicated to
explain, maybe if you study music you may know later.

So later I found that I could play the music I had in my head without knowing the theory behind.
And that music theory is putting a blindfold on you, if you only plays from your head.
I don´t want to play others music and I don´t care about if I don´t understand why some chords
or scales are "impossible" if they sound ok to me.

Nowdays I only mess with music for fun and have a technical work instead.

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, pegapony said:

To me music is art. And art is something you like or dont´t like. 
It is up to the viewer to decide if it is beautiful or ugly.
In a painting already painted, one can not change a color scale or how the lines are drawn.
The painting is there finished, and can´t be changed to something else.

I started as a foal to play, and every lesson I asked my techer
-What is this chord called, then pusching down 5 or 6 keys that made a nice chord in my ears.
My teacher looked around, scratching his head, stammered and said, well that´s to complicated to
explain, maybe if you study music you may know later.

So later I found that I could play the music I had in my head without knowing the theory behind.
And that music theory is putting a blindfold on you, if you only plays from your head.
I don´t want to play others music and I don´t care about if I don´t understand why some chords
or scales are "impossible" if they sound ok to me.

Nowdays I only mess with music for fun and have a technical work instead.

It's good to know the theory. It has not put a blindfold on me. I feel soooo much more open and free now that I know what I'm creating. I work by discovering new chords and sounds everyday and that's how I become good. I don't play from my head, I play from my heart. I look for the emotional ties in music, analyzing how each chord, instrument and sound contributes to the theme and title of the song, which is where the theory comes in. For me, everything goes together. This is what I believe some musicians are missing nowadays...gotta at least have some knowledge about what you're making and how it comes together...

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 2017-10-14 at 5:03 PM, C. Thunder Dash said:

It's good to know the theory. It has not put a blindfold on me. I feel soooo much more open and free now that I know what I'm creating. I work by discovering new chords and sounds everyday and that's how I become good. I don't play from my head, I play from my heart. I look for the emotional ties in music, analyzing how each chord, instrument and sound contributes to the theme and title of the song, which is where the theory comes in. For me, everything goes together. This is what I believe some musicians are missing nowadays...gotta at least have some knowledge about what you're making and how it comes together...

That was the best words I have ever heard.... "I play from my heart". Yes I hope I do too, even if there is a cold computer in the way of my heart and the music I feel inside.

I will remember that and promises that I will never stop learning, and you are right, many many of todays musicians are terrible in their knowledge.

I hope I fit in somewhere in the middle, not terrible and not professional.

Edited by pegapony
can´t spell right
  • Brohoof 1