Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Post a quote, moment, or anything etc. from the movie you found cringy or awkward

Jade The Pegasister

Post anything from the movie you felt was awkward, cringy or unnecessary. It can be a quote, a scene, a face, a concept etc. from the movie. Just post your thoughts and feelings about it and why you thought it was uncomfortable/weird if you think you have a reason! 

here’s mine! 

Spoiler

Female Pony 1: “Whoa! Everypony from Manehattan to Saddle Arabia is here!”

Apple Cobbler: “I know, filly! We almost couldn't book a stable!”

that was really cringy

8C9D1624-B2DD-42DB-8264-57F68B68533E.jpeg

• Brohoof 1

21 minutes ago, Tsaritsa Luna said:

Much of Grubber's dialogue. Though with that being said, the prequel comics do explain why he is an assistant to the Storm king and Tempest.

Oh, this too for me.

I think I subconsciously excised Grubber from the category of things that were worthy of recognition.

• Brohoof 2

I'll be honest with yah; nothing in this movie felt cringe-worthy for me, and that really caught me off guard. Heck while he wasn't particularly funny, I even managed to like Grubber for the most part. XD

• Brohoof 1

I actually found Grubber to be far more tolerable than I expected. He wasn't too bad. 

I think what made me cringe the most was Rainbow doing a Sonic Rainboom for no reason whatsoever when she was with the pirates. It felt forced and only accomplished giving away their position in its entirety. I was seriously thinking that RD was the dumbest pony to ever exist at that point.

• Brohoof 9

I thought Grubber's dialogue was mostly pointless apart from the bits where he was actually useful to Tempest. I remember reading that many of Michael Peña's lines were improvised but more often than not I found them annoying.

And Fluttershy wasn't memorable. She could've had much better dialogue. She isn't a character who is expected to do much talking, but she could've said something other than yay every other line. Occasionally it felt very unnecessary.

• Brohoof 6

3 minutes ago, Prospekt said:

I thought Grubber's dialogue was mostly pointless apart from the bits where he was actually useful to Tempest. I remember reading that many of Michael Peña's lines were improvised but more often than not I found them annoying.

And Fluttershy wasn't memorable. She could've had much better dialogue. She isn't a character who is expected to do much talking, but she could've said something other than yay every other line. Occasionally it felt very unnecessary.

For some reason I really liked Grubber's lisp though. XD 

I also agree about Fluttershy. She felt like a 3rd wheel most of the movie. Or a 6th wheel in this case. I barely remember her parts in the movie. :|

• Brohoof 3

The prolonged and uncomfortable to watch visuals of Pinkie and Spike shriveling up in the desert. That was the moment I knew for sure that the movie was not going to come close to meeting my expectations

Edited by n1029
  • Brohoof 1

In regards to the MLP movie that came out last week, which I watched online by the way, I do not consider it to be a BAD movie, just okay. I think the animation is great,  the tense scenes made me feel VERY UNCOMFORTABLE and gave me Autism related SENSORY OVERLOADS. There were a few parts I liked, but not enough to think this movie is the best of the year. Had the movie been like a slice of life comedy with cinematic elements rather than the epic adventure film that it was, then perhaps I would have liked the movie more.

With all due respect, I will stick to the TV series more than the movie.

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

"...Remember Tempest... only I can make you WHOLE..."

Yes, the overpowering, lying male character saying that to the damaged, gullible female character.

How this isn't setting off anybeing else's Feminism Alarms, I'll never know. There's way too much horn subtext in T.S's role.

The Hungry Hungry Hippos reference. Having the character reiterate 'hungry' and 'hippos' for the sake of clarifying the reference felt kind of superfluous and unnatural.

Also, Pinkie laughing as the Mane Six fell from the pirate ship. I know Pinkie is the element of laughter, but that just seemed a little... psychotic to me.

Could I also add Sia's role in the film? Songbird Serenade had virtually no relevance to the plot asides from the showcase at the end and was hardly even referenced during the middle stretch of the film despite several parts in the opening building her up as a major star (implying she was intended to be seen as important when she was ultimately inconsequential to the film), which gave the impression she was forced in there as little more than a celebrity guest (technically, the new major characters were nearly all celebrity guests, but they weren't as conspicuous as Songbird).

Edited by Them's Seeing Ponies
  • Brohoof 2

In my opinion, I thought this attempt at a joke was pretty cringy.

Twilight Sparkle: Celestia told Luna to find the Queen of the... "Hippos". Luna can't, so I have to. 

Rainbow Dash: Uh, hippos? Seriously? 

Pinkie Pie: I've heard they're surprisingly graceful for their size. Huh, but they're always hungry. 

Spike: Hungry? 

Applejack: Hippos?*

*Sorry, @Them's Seeing Ponies I didn't know you already mentioned this moment.

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

I felt as though tempests lead henchmans dialogue would've been funny if norm McDonald voiced him, but for me, his part fell a bit flat 

I mean I'm sure he may not've been in the price range for the overall budget, I mean it strictly in the sense of deliverance and tone of voice- his overall cadence 

• Brohoof 1

Whenever Twilight says 'Princess of Friendship' in dub voice, i pinned my friend arm so hard, that words translated to my native language sound so goddamn cheesy that i want to puke (my opinion).

Yeah, no subs for me, only dubbed version. *sign*

And sometimes, they forgot to dub some certain scenes........ How can they be so lazy? They treat this movie like craps...

Dub problems aside, the only scene so cringeworthy and unfunny is Rarity's scene when she climbed up to Hippogriff kingdom...

• 4 months later...
On 3/21/2018 at 3:52 PM, The Whiteraven said:

Stormking: Let’s get this storm started! Oh wait that’s good I should trademark that.

Storm King confirmed Hasbro. Also, trademark law confirms most powerful entity.

When Pinkie Pie was racist in the beginning of the movie. (Referring to Applejack as "Orange".)

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/13/2017 at 5:09 PM, Tsaritsa Luna said:

Much of Grubber's dialogue. Though with that being said, the prequel comics do explain why he is an assistant to the Storm king and Tempest.

Worst of all was his lines after Tempest's one just before he was forcibly taken to their ship. That was the most cringy and awkward of them all. I think I found out what's Grubber's real weakness as a character, I'll explain in another topic