Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Who here read the prequel comics?

Luna the Great of all the Russias

Prequel comics  

6 users have voted

1. 1. Did you read the prequel comics?

• No.
    • I read them before watching the movie.
    • I read them after watching the movie.

I watched the movie then read the comics. In hindsight, I think it would have been better had I read the comics first as they did provide context for the new characters and why they behaved as they did in the movie.

Did anyone else read the comics and, if so, what did you think of them?

Edited by Tsaritsa Luna

I haven't read any of the comics in the past 3 years or so. I am so out of the loop. :| I too think that if I had read these prequel comics it would have made the movie even better, because it fills in background details that were absent in the movie itself. More lore always makes things better.

I thought the comics were just going to be some cheap tot-level vapid story like other tie ins have been, so I never looked into them. I guess at this point I feel like it's too late to bother with them. I've still got ten episodes to catch up on anyways; maybe once the movie is out on video I'll take a look

I did, and I thought they were not only enjoyable, but of generally high quality. The prequel comics really do provide some nice context for the motivations of the characters, and while they aren't required for the movie, it helps with the movie feeling a tad rushed is some places, IMO.

• Brohoof 1

They do deliver some background over many of the movie characters that felt they've receiver the short end of the rope in the movie. But in the case of Tempest, I'd recommend even more the Stormy Road to Canterlot, as not only deliver far more of her, but her own background, Queen Novo, and Capper get some love as well in it