Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Thinking of starting to collect stuff

Mint Chaser

9 minutes ago, Mint Chaser said:

So I've been in this fandom for almost two years and I don't have any merchandise,anything I could start with?

Well For beginners, you gotta start small. You wanna check for sales on the pony merch from target and toysrus. Usually Costco may have them, but they may come with assorted figures and playset. Plushies are good to start with. The MLP plushies in Build-a-bear workshop has 2 for $35 plus more if you're getting the sounds and the clothes and there's also TY beanie babies as well, but you'll find them in some stores that has TY brand on it.

31 minutes ago, Mint Chaser said:

So,small figures and plushies like you said @KirbyFluttershy?

oh yea,I've seen a bunch of POP Ponies in EBGames in New Brunswick

Yeah. Some small figures are that cheap. Target and toysrus stores have blindbag ponies as well and it doesn't matter which ponies you get and you may get the same ponies from the blindbag. I started out with the pony figures first and then after that, I started buying the plushies.

It depends what you like. I have a fondness for stickers, so I now have a number of MLP stickers on my computer. I like plushies, so I started with a small RD plushie followed by a couple more and a couple of Twilights. I recently wanted a small pony model to stand on my desk, so I bought a small model of Twilight. I liked a few designs I saw on Redbubble, so I got them on t-shirts or on mugs (that's the same site I got the stickers from.) 

A lot of branded stuff is kind of expensive though, so don't buy it for the sake of it.  

6 hours ago, Mint Chaser said:

Huh..I don't have a toysrus close to me,I only have Walmart

Walmart may have them although the stock of the pony merch may vary by Walmart location and some of those Walmart stores may not have them. As for MLP plushies from build-a-bear workshop go, you can find these kind of stores at the shopping mall areas. Walgreens may have some pony figures and blindbag ponies at the toy section.

You can also find pony merch as a clearance sale so be on a look out for those if you wanna buy them that cheap.

• 2 months later...

Blind bags and brushable figures are cheap. Buying them used can help save money. Coloring books, plushes, and other things are also easy to come by. If you want just a few ponies to help decorate, any of those things, as well as Funko figures, are pretty good at doing so.

If you have a comic store near you, then you can certainly buy the MLP comics. I personally love them. :catface:

As for toys and pony figures, Funko makes great ones if you want something other than the traditional ponies that have been around since the 80s. My very first bit of pony merch was a Doctor Hooves Pop! figure.

You can also find inexpensive plush ponies at grocery stores of all places. There's a King Soopers (Colorado's version of Kroger) near me and it actually has a bunch of cute little pony plushies. I bought a Pinkie Pie for my best friend there.

Edited by Prospekt

If you'd like more stories, I'd start with a comic or two, preferably whole volumes as you'll get them in one single package. Regarding to toys, since you wrote that you only got a Walmart close by, I've always tend to find pony merch in there. You may find some old brushables, which usually come cheap. While more expensive, you may wanna hunt for Funko pony movie bobbleheads, as there are sea ponies Twi, Pinks, Dashie, and Flutters, with Tempest Shadow being a Hot Topic exclusive. My advise if you just wanna start with anything, no matter the character, start with blind bags

I am a huge collector of stuff, comics video games, Dolls. I have tons of MLP stuff, mostly eq girl dolls. My advice is to find something you feel passionate for. You want something that really attracts your eye but also is fun to hold, display, and mess with. Like my eq girls, or predator action figures. I can mess with their outfits, accessories,  weapons,  I can pose them and display them differently,  make the eq girls fight the predators. There's a lot to do with them is my point. Collecting stuff that looks cool but just collects dust is boring. 

• 4 weeks later...