Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How have you tackled this Season of Early Releases

KH7672

As we dawn on the final weeks of Season 7 with episode 24 airing today in Canada (which I will be waiting until Saturday to see) I ask how everyone else tackled all the early releases this season and maybe your reasoning for doing so.

I only watched 3 episodes early: A Royal Problem, Discordant Harmony, and A Perfect Pear. Everything else I watch as it comes out on Discovery Family for two reasons.

1) Since I do have the channel and don't even watch it online through streams, I like supporting through the official release. But why don't I just watch it again then, well....

2) I have a ritual of watching the new episode with my sister every week and it is so much more fun when we both go into it blind, because she doesn't follow the fandom so she knows nothing about early releases.

So why did I watch those episodes:

A Royal Problem: A possibly controversial Starlight and Princesses episode...yeah I'm not missing that and getting spoiled in the mean time.

Now for the other two, I have a rule that if I know when the official airing is coming I can wait, but for those Australian airings there was no word of when the hiatus was ending so I had no idea how long I was waiting (almost five weeks) Hence I watched them and thankfully avoided spoilers for a Perfect Pear.

Oh and I watched Mirror Magic early too for the same reason as ARP: A possibly controversial Sunset and Starlight episode...yeah I can't wait (though in hindsight I did unintentionally spoil Dance and Movie Magic's endings for myself by watching Mirror first...eh what can you do? I still waited to watch the other two)

So that's been my experience this season, how easy or hard was yours? Now if you excuse me time to continue dodging Uncommon Bond and Shadow Play spoilers.

I rejoined at around episode 20 being released, so not much of an issue. 

But, generally my tactic is to entirely avoid most previews and trailers anyways, so once you do that already it's fairly easy to ignore posts and topics for things you haven't watched yet.

Generally for me FiM isn't a show where spoilers make much difference also, so random details shot out here and there don't bother me

• Brohoof 1

Watched all the early episode releases. I don't have Discovery Family anyway not to mention I start work at 6 so I'm not gonna be able to see the episodes anyway. Watching them early just makes things easier on me

16 minutes ago, Oleks said:

I watched all the early releases. I can't watch the series on TV anyway, so why wait?

It's the same situation for me. The episodes are shown on TV several months late, and those airings aren't even in English.

Being new to the fandom, it took until episode 22 of this season for me to catch up so most of the early releases didn't affect me. I have watched "Secrets and Pies" and "Uncommon Bond" in advance – I would have to watch them online anyway so it doesn't really matter when. I haven't seen "Shadow Play" yet, as I've tried to save episodes for later (to enjoy them more and not run out of ponies that quickly), but will probably watch the two parts today or tomorrow.

• Brohoof 1

I think I avoid leaked episodes best by half-accidentally forgetting to think about watching episodes. It works pretty well.

I've been watching each episode when it's officially released in English. Canada's release schedule has been especially wonky, so at first this led to me watching half the season in a few weeks, and later I wound up checking out episodes aired in Australia and the U.S. just to sate my impatience. I don't want to watch anything in a language other than English, however, and I have fairly little interest in supporting leaks. 

I actually don't have that much free time this weekend, so I'll spare ep.24 for later in the week. 

I no longer have Discovery Family so I rely on the internet for new episodes, but I don't like watching leaks either. So I tend to wait until the day an episode has officially aired. Earlier on in S7 I would occasionally watch the early airings recorded from Treehouse in Canada. And I watched the English versions of the 3 Equestria Girls episodes not long after Australian viewers uploaded them. But I eventually stopped doing this because I didn't like being so far ahead of everyone else who was waiting for the United States broadcasts.

I've watched all the early releases of the episodes, except for the most recent leaks from the show bible.  I don't plan to watch the most recent ones early though just because it's not a typical early release, and probably better off waiting for? Idk lol, but hopefully season 8 won't be this bad.

I watched every early release, I mean, there is no reason to wait for me. 

I hope next season they go back to weekly schedule though, as I like watching the live chat streams.