Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone catch the hungry hungry hippos reference?

Mlppotterwhoovian

Yup, I noticed it too. And promise not to laugh? I mentioned “hungry hungry hippos” in a forum games thread BEFORE I saw the movie. A couple people brohoofed it and probably thought I got the idea from the movie. :P 

Yeah; and it earned a laugh from me. XD Reminded me of the "London bridge is falling down" joke from Hellsing Ultimate Abridged.

7 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

I didn't :D . But I THINK the scene where Pinks defeats a storm creature with cupcakes, with her psychotic smile, and frosting acting like blood, refers to...... Cupcakes :D 

Doubt it. Pinkie was all overly happy throughout the movie anyway. Plus I don’t think Cupcakes is a fiction worth referencing.

full.gif

As for the topic, I actually don’t even know what “Hungry hungry hippos” is? :huh:

2 minutes ago, StrawCherry said:

Doubt it. Pinkie was all overly happy throughout the movie anyway. Plus I don’t think Cupcakes is a fiction worth referencing.

full.gif

As for the topic, I actually don’t even know what “Hungry hungry hippos” is? :huh:

For what I know (haven't read the fic myself), Pinks in it is as happy as she normally is. It's fandom stuff that usually portrays her with the straight mane Pinkamena persona. So I think it was an intentional Cupcakes reference 

About the hippos, better introduce you to the guys