Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Which Power For You: Flight Or Teleportation?

Castle Bleck

Which Power For You?  

87 users have voted

1. 1. Flight or teleportation?

• Flight.
    • Teleportation.

Teleportation is instant. Plus it would let me mess with people more.

Tap on their shoulder. They look behind them. But they're alone.

Steal their money. They'll never know who did it.

You could get away with so much...

Uh, I mean... I would never do anything....

• Brohoof 9

If it were my younger self, I probably would’ve said flying. But now in the present, I’m gonna have to say teleportation. Cause then I won’t have to walk, or take the bus if I’m running late for school. :P So mostly just because I’m lazy lel

Flight. Cause then you can see where you're going. 

With Teleportation, there's more room for error. You could be slightly off and materialize in a wall or like, get merged with whatever bugs or dust clouds are in the room. It wouldn't be pretty. 

Teleportation would be so cool and nifty! I could get groceries, and poof! Back home. :3 Would help so much. In terms of less mundane things, if I could get good at it, I could travel the world via teleporting. Flight would be cool if I wasn't so spooked of heights. XD I would be in the air, look down, sieze up and splat.

Flying! I've always loved the thought of having actual wings. May it be bug wings, bird wings, I'd take it. I love the idea of flying free and I love the idea of how pretty wings would be on my back! LOVE IT!

Flying without wings would still be neat, but not as awesome imo.

Edited by darkwingmare

Depends heavily on the case and how it treats the fragile human frame that we have.

Flying would be effective on a stellar level as long as I would not be going too fast because it would be simply fatal at 6 G's. Even 4 G's might be too much for people that are not trained, and seeing that I am indeed not a fighter pilot nor an astronaut (yet) I fall into this category. Simply said, it would be pretty lame. :P

Teleportation would naturally be more useful depending on the maximum distance where my atoms can still reassemble after being warped and stretched and who knows what else. If it was infinite I would already be far away, all the way at LHS 1140b, standing proudly in my space suit as the alien critters crawl under my feet.

• Brohoof 1

Flying would be awesome, but I'd prefer teleportation. I hope it becomes possible in the future (though I doubt it, at least in our lifetime). It would remove the need for scheduling in many cases and be especially great for people like me who don't have a car. Though there would be downsides – people would get less exercise and probably become lazier.

• Brohoof 1

I think transportation would be a really cool ability, I would finally be able to see the world and go places I didn't think I could go.  Maybe even check out other planets?  Depending on how far I could go, that is.  Also, it would be nice to be on my way without having to be catcalled or having to deal with minor incidents of transphobia from other people...

Well, if it's at all possible, I'd say with teleportation you pretty much get flight as well. You could just teleport over and over, a near infinite amount of times per second, so the change in position, on the outside would look exactly like flying.

Sure, teleportation sounds awesome. But flying sounds more fun than just POOFing myself to my destination. If I could fly at a reasonably fast speed (not quite jet or Rainbow Dash speed; that would be OP'd), then I could still commute to where I need to go quicker than by car. Plus, a birds eye view of the landscape is always pretty mesmerizing when I see it from an airplane. It offers a breathtaking perspective of the physical world.

This would be a tough question for me... Yes, I am a unicorn at all, so the option of teleportation would be there, but... Back on track... Not sure what I would like most, both yes, but..

So.. It would be nice to be able to teleport to where I need to go and be there instantly.. But... When you can fly when you travel to your destination then you can see what is in between, the second thing being to why I prefer to drive my car to far places and all over creation as opposed to flying (in an airplane (IRL)). (which, yes, I have been all over the country in my life, heh) And putting that there, it makes the decision hard cause I would like both, making flying to get somewhere more of a leisure type of thing when I just feel like I want to explore and see things, plus I would be in the air and stuff too and it would be fun, but then again I would like to teleport to a destination if I just want to get there and do something and the destination is far away and I don't exactly have all the time in the world... so it kinda cancels things out, Even leisure type things if the destination is super far away (like visiting a friend across the county and I don't have the all the time to do so) I could go hand out like far away then get back to where I live super fast.. So....

Yeah.. Kinda a tie I guess, I would like both, but I guess if I HAD to pick which I would want more, Teleportation I guess, because if I wanted to feel like exploring... I guess I could just teleport multiple times instead of one big jump. Or just continue driving (like I do now anyway all the time) with the teleport powers if I want to explore.

Teleportation, as long as there's not many if any drawbacks to it. I could teleport where ever. Buy shit from a friend on a different continent? Great, I'll be over in 5 seconds, just give me your address.

Yeah, teleportation would definitely be way more useful. I don't have to do transportation either, which saves me about 1,800 NOK a month, which is AWESOME.