Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Which Power For You: Flight Or Teleportation?

Castle Bleck

Which Power For You?  

87 users have voted

1. 1. Flight or teleportation?

• Flight.
    • Teleportation.

I chose flying if it was a planet likes ours with an atmosphere to feel the wind and stuffz. In space I would chose teleportation cause theres alot of nothing out there and would be nice to bypass it all.

It depends on what kind of teleportation we are talking about. If it is the type that you can teleport where ever you want to, teleportation all the way, there is no question. But if it's something like, teleport to anywhere you can see, then flight.  

I assume that you can obly teleport on earth, because if tgat's the case, I choose flying 100%! I could FLY to school O.o I also imagine free fall feels really amazing, I could just fly super high and let myself fall several thousand meters O.o I could just fly upwards and look over a whole city, and if I wanna by alone, I could just fly and no one will bother me up there, it would be so cool!

I would rather have the ability to fly. Being able to fly at any time is something I have dreamed of quite a bit. It just seems so freeing.

• Brohoof 1

Obviously, teleportation. I can be anywhere, teleport over and over in the air to stay afloat and "FLY" faster than the fliers, and of course...

*teleports behind you*

Omae wa mo shindeiru.

The question boils down to: would you rather be free in space or have more free time?

While teleporting would remove all need for long-range transport, it would also deprive me of seeing the world outside on a regular basis. Not to mention, doing productive stuff (e.g: checking homework, drawing/writing art...) on public transport, chatting up a friend on the way, having a moment of respite (if you have loud relatives/roommates) between leaving home and reaching your destination, etc.

Flight, most definitely.

5 minutes ago, Ivan The Adorable said:

Search and rescue, resource delivery, etc.

Ooh, I don't think many of us considered the altruistic aspect. Good call, good call.

Though teleportation would work only if you know where to go. You mention search and rescue; flight may be more useful for the "search" part, whereas "rescue" might benefit more from teleportation.

Edited by Feather Spiral
  • Brohoof 1

34 minutes ago, Feather Spiral said:

Ooh, I don't think many of us considered the altruistic aspect. Good call, good call.

Though teleportation would work only if you know where to go. You mention search and rescue; flight may be more useful for the "search" part, whereas "rescue" might benefit more from teleportation.

Good point. In a vacuum they'd about even out in usefulness perhaps.

I think you could probably get around the advantages of flight more easily with the use of tech

...also could you perhaps use mid-air teleportation as a means of scouting? Not that eternally falling between disorienting repositioning  sounds like a fun time

• Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, Ivan The Adorable said:

Not that eternally falling between disorienting repositioning  sounds like a fun time

(if you replace flying on an airship with perpetually falling)

Yea nah, I'll just take my wings and flap off, thank you... -3-

• Brohoof 1

Teleportation, and it's not much of a contest. I could visit anywhere I wanted in the world and then instantly teleport back to my place to go to bed/take care of other needs or just when I wanted to be back in my comfort zone.

Flying seems fun, but given the choice for teleportation it's the weaker choice.

• Brohoof 2

Flight.

Teleportation is a tad too quick. After all; the journey is as important as the destination in the end. :)

• Brohoof 2

Flight without a doubt.

Teleporting may improve commute, but a lot of stuff happens when traveling and I don't like to miss that. Even without any superpower, for distances shorter than 6 km I usually prefer walking to driving, unless I'm in a hurry.

• Brohoof 2

It's flight all the way for me! It's nice to be able to teleport and get someplace else instantly, but then you miss all the scenery along the way and the thrill of seeing the world from a unique and breathtaking vantage point. Flying is no mere act of transportation, it's an experience unto itself and one of beauty, excitement and pure joy. Gimme those wings! :grin:

• Brohoof 2

What's the point of flying to a destination, when you can just teleport. Then again you can only teleport to an area you've seen and the further away the more it takes out of you. Ehh, I'd still go with teleporting.

On 10/23/2017 at 7:39 PM, Snowflake Frostflame said:

Then again you can only teleport to an area you've seen

You could explore the area by flying over it!

So hey, it seems like the general consensus is: flight for sightseeing and discovery, teleportation to shave off time on everyday trips.

Teleportation probably.

Flying would be great, but not in bad weather. And it gets cold up in the sky. And you could get places faster than walking or a car, and for free, but you’d still have to land in order to get food and sleep and go to the bathroom.

Meanwhile, teleporting doesn’t have the awesome view or adrenaline rush, but it’s just as free and even more expedient.