Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Which Power For You: Flight Or Teleportation?

Castle Bleck

Which Power For You?  

87 users have voted

1. 1. Flight or teleportation?

• Flight.
    • Teleportation.

I'll go with flight. it is more analog (get to see the world from multiple perspectives). Teleportation is too digital, either being at one place or another, not very fun but effective

• 2 weeks later...

I always wondered.

Flying: Your clothes stay on you forcibly because physics.

Teleportation: Your clothes are not a part of you, so they are always left behind.

• 1 year later...

Teleportation. Flying and teleportation both can get you to a distant locations, but ability to blink-teleport is so useful in life. Lost keys is not a problem, you can't be trapped, you can effectively defend yourself/run in street assaults and so much more.

• 1 year later...

Flight.

Provided I don't have to worry about any altitude or g-force problems, even if there is a limit to how fast I can fly, I would love to be able to fly in the blue heaven and dance freely among the clouds. :coco: Flight is freedom. There are other risks and dangers to consider, like being aware of planes and stuff, but I can live with that.

Teleportation sounds way too hard. As a super power, I've seen some running themes. You have to have a clear mental image of your destination, dedicated concentration, and it definitely has to be a real place that you've travelled to or seen. Too many elements could go wrong. If your concentration breaks, who knows what adverse affects could happen. What if the place you're thinking of is no longer there? Will you end up in an empty lot or something? What if your memory of the location is hazy or incomplete? But the scariest thing of all... Imagine teleporting where someone is standing and you telefrag them without meaning to. :o I couldn't live with that.

To me, teleportation is better left for technology rather than a super power. It might not be as convenient, but I'd rather have a series of dedicated teleportation pads/booths/etc. than try to do everything mentally. Fiction makes it look easy and fun, but it could be more work than it's worth.

• Brohoof 1

It would depend on the details like how fast could I fly, how far could I teleport etc., but in general flying seems more fun, and teleporting seems more useful. I think I would choose teleportation.