Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Revisiting the Equestria Games?

PacificGreen

I was thinking today about how a couple of years must have passed in-universe since the start of the show now, since we seem to be bringing up past events and characters a lot (we've had two Summer Sun celebrations, and we have had two winter-related episodes, Winter Wrap Up and Tanks for the Memories). Which then got me thinking...

It seems that this season, we've been revisiting lots of old characters (like Big Daddy McColt, Iron Will, Hoity Toity, Photo Finish, Thunderlane and Rumble, Dr. Fauna) and have even brought up the Friendship Journal from Season 4. Even characters like Vapor Trail and Sky Stinger seem to be getting a few background cameos. ^_^ 

So, since the past couple of seasons have seen us revisiting plot points and characters from as far back as season 1, do you think we might take another look at the Equestria Games again? Since a lot of viewers were kinda disappointed that the episode turned out to be primarily a Spike episode, I could definitely see them trying the concept again, with more focus on the actual games. The one major thing I can think of that would be a hindrance, is that the Equestria Games are obviously meant to mirror the Olympics in real life, which happen every four years (two if you count between summer and winter, and vice versa), so perhaps not enough time has passed for the EG to come around again.

Of course, if the writers can't think of anything to do with the concept plotwise, it won't happen regardless, but what do you think? Is it a possibility?

Would mind it, though I think they should focus on the games itself(this is coming from someone who loved the original episode and considers it one of the best Spike episodes)

• Brohoof 1

I expect they'll revisit them at some point, maybe even next season. They've revisited the Summer Sun Celebration and the Galloping Gala so it'd make sense. Yes, I would like it to be a multi episode arc this time as opposed to just a backdrop for a forced Spike problem. Maybe even see Scootaloo try out for them.

If this means we get to see Ms. Harshwhinny again then yes bring the games back. Love that character like a straight-mare mix between Spoiled Rich (Where the Apple Lies version) and Principal Cinch with a less evil agenda. Have her interact more with the characters setting up the games. That beginning of Flight to the Finish is exactly what I'd love to see more of.

10 minutes ago, KH7672 said:

Principal Cinch with a less evil agenda.

Don't you mean "without an evil agenda"?

Last I checked, Ms. Harshwhinny's never had an agenda at all; she's just been doing her job, plain and simple.

I was never really sure what sort of story could be made from the Games themselves. Some sort of rivalry between the mane six and another group? I guess that could be funny. That said, I'd like to see some sort of proper Olympics-type thing, perhaps involving all of the non-pony species which Equestria is on good terms with. Griffons, yaks, dragons, changelings, hippogriffs, et cetera. Again, dunno what kind of story could be told about that, but it'd be neat to see. 

• Brohoof 1