Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Spike/Rainbow Dash Species swap

Whirlwindmark

No this has nothing to do with shipping.

After seeing Shadow Play part 1, I really liked the dynamic that Spike and Rainbow Dash had. 

I feel the two should have another episode together. One idea I feel would be epic beyond belief is if say...Trixie pulls off a trick involving Spike and Dashie, the trick swaps their species. Rainbow Dash turns into a dragon and Spike into a pegasi.

This would work on so many ways. And comedic values for both.

Rainbow Dash as a dragon-

-She would be beyond happy. And probably say something like "As if I could get any cooler!!" "I'm a dragon!!(flies into the air)

-She could finally go to the Dragonlands and and not face prejudice and racisim from the dragons(Shadow Play showed that they may be forced to be "nice" to ponies, but they don't like them and don't want them in the Dragonlands least of all playing with them. I feel Dashie would get along great with the others once she learns from Ember how to gain attention.

Dragon Rainbow Dash: HELLO! I am Rai..Reign, daughter of Wind and Bow, master of the Equestrian skies and...destroyer of clouds! (Roars and breaths fire, soon all the teen dragons surround her and fawing over her and calling her epic and awesome.)

Spike as a little foal is something I think a lot of us have wanted to see, and I feel that it might be a tad similar to that fic Dragon your hooves(without the romance) Spike not liking his new body and stumbling over the place, Twilight would have a ton of fun with him before he changes back.

the possibilities are endless! ;)

• Brohoof 3

Not imagining that.

I'd rather see Spike and Fluttershy have one together, which makes a lot more sense than with Rainbow Dash because Fluttershy might still be afraid of dragons, and to continue her development, Spike helps her overcome that fear so she can be friends with Ember, who has been best friends with Spike in Gauntlet of Fire and Triple Threat.

Besides, Rainbow Dash already had a part in Dragon Quest.

Definitely has the potential to be a really funny episode 

Imagine RD getting excited only to realize she's become a Little baby dragon :P

It certainly sounds like an interesting and potentially good episode idea (depending on how it is executed)... Although maybe it could go a bit deeper in terms of what is to be pony and what it is to be a dragon, and maybe both could learn something from it and bring the two species closer together as a result of it.

4 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

Not imagining that.

I'd rather see Spike and Fluttershy have one together, which makes a lot more sense than with Rainbow Dash because Fluttershy might still be afraid of dragons, and to continue her development, Spike helps her overcome that fear so she can be friends with Ember, who has been best friends with Spike in Gauntlet of Fire and Triple Threat.

Besides, Rainbow Dash already had a part in Dragon Quest.

Well... That idea sounds pretty boring and more like a retread tbh, considering we've already had an episode on the concept of FS overcoming her fear of dragons back in season 1, called Dragonshy. As for RD having "a part in Dragon Quest" it was mostly in the background and did not have much development of Spike and Rainbow Dash's relationship, which, as they work well together, would be a lot more enjoyable and interesting to see.

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Nsxile said:

Well... That idea sounds pretty boring and more like a retread tbh, considering we've already had an episode on the concept of FS overcoming her fear of dragons back in season 1, called Dragonshy. As for RD having "a part in Dragon Quest" it was mostly in the background and did not have much development of Spike and Rainbow Dash's relationship, which, as they work well together, would be a lot more enjoyable and interesting to see.

I still disagree. Such an episode has to make enough sense first, unlike that idea way up at the top by Whirlwindmark. You're also forgetting that because of the prologue of that same Dragon Quest episode, Fluttershy hasn't completely overcome her fear of dragons, especially with the part where Rainbow Dash insisted she watches the dragon migration.

So, I still think it's best that Fluttershy should have an episode with Spike more than Rainbow Dash.

Edited by FirePuppy