Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Dragon bigotry

Whirlwindmark

So Shadow Play part 1 pretty much  destroys that bad comic Wings over Yakyakistan(dragons are not trying to be friends with ponies or live with them, and they seem happy in the Dragonlands) And proves, that a majority of the young dragons are still racist towards ponies. Ember only commanded them to not attack and raid ponies. But if a pony comes to the Dragonlands for any reason, they face bigotry from the dragons. I think this also clarifies what Twilight said in Gauntlet of Fire, when she said powerful ally, she meant Ember only, the other dragons still have a looong way to go(they are cool with Spike, cept Garble)

Also this explains(if the movie was i between seasons 7 and 8) why the Mane 6 didn't ask for the dragons help, they may do what the dragon lord says, but helping liberate Canterlot for nothing might be pushing it.

Some fans have fantasizes and IDW guys made stories saying ponies were bigots to dragons, when in truth, it's the other way around. Dragons hate ponies.

But that may just be culture and how they were raised.

Edited by Whirlwindmark

They are all bigots in a sense. In our world liberals think smoking and doing drugs should be a right, people who are against it for example are evil. Really its that your own belief is better than others that is by defintion to be seen as a bigot, so right and wrong is by definition by others who don't hold your belief to be of higher values is by others seen as bigoted. Example would be if i said human sacrifice is evil and some don't. I could be accused of being a bigot by that alone.

I think the better word is if what you believe in is right or wrong. Morality is what comes to my mind, but being close minded to listening to what others has to say is also wrong.

Edited by FlowerSun
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
6 minutes ago, FlowerSun said:

They are all bigots in a sense. In our world liberals think smoking and doing drugs should be a right, people who are against it for example are evil. Really the belief right and wrong is by definition by people when you hold your belief to be of higher value than other to be seen as bigoted. Example would be if i said human sacrifice is evil and some don't. I could be accused of being a bigot by that alone.

I think the better word is if what you believe in is right or wrong.

Id say Dragons are worse, You dont see ponies turning Spike away from service, they serve him as any pony. But if a pony wants to Gorge Surf, the dragons say "Get out"

Edited by Whirlwindmark

Just now, Whirlwindmark said:

Id say Dragons are worse, You do t see ponies turning Spike away from service, they serve him as any pony. But if a pony wants to Gorge Surf, the dragons say "Get out"

Well some dragons are, not all dragons. Same with humans, bad humans exist. Usually with bad environment comes bad attitude.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, FlowerSun said:

Well some dragons are, not all dragons. Same with humans, bad humans exist. Usually with bad environment comes bad attitude.

I agree 100% with that statement, but the Dragonlands are pretty much what Equestria is to Ponies. So really they might just not want ponies to visit or play. I haven't seen a pony do that yet.

On 16-10-2017 at 9:28 AM, Whirlwindmark said:

Id say Dragons are worse, You dont see ponies turning Spike away from service, they serve him as any pony. But if a pony wants to Gorge Surf, the dragons say "Get out"

Dragons are also not welcomed in Equestria you know. ;) The thing about Spike is that he seems innocent and enjoys Twilight status. 

3 hours ago, Hierok said:

Dragons are also not welcomed in Equestria you know. ;) The thing about Spike is that he seems innocent and enjoys Twilight status. 

Also, Spike grew up amongst ponies.

I know there are good dragons, they are probably like Spike, good dragons who want to live in peace and not cause trouble.

6 hours ago, Hierok said:

When Ember visited Equestria, she didn't face bigotry. In fact the ponies were eager to meet her...until she started acting aggressive and breathed fire. She was going to attack a trumpet blower.

ihave yet to see ponies act discriminatory towards dragons. (The comics are there own thing and don't count.)

3 hours ago, Brainstorm said:

Also, Spike grew up amongst ponies.

I know there are good dragons, they are probably like Spike, good dragons who want to live in peace and not cause trouble.

I hope so. But aside from Spike and Ember, they all seem pretty much like bigots. 

9 hours ago, Whirlwindmark said:

I hope so. But aside from Spike and Ember, they all seem pretty much like bigots. 

I know it. There are good dragons.

8 hours ago, Sly said:

Still, seeing Garble powned by RD is so satisfying. XD

Yeah, Garble beaten by his own game.

Edited by Brainstorm
  • Brohoof 1

18 hours ago, The Artist Formerly Known As A.V. said:

I've noticed that whenever a group of Dragons are anti-Pony, Garble seems to be the one egging them on -- e.g., Dragon Quest and Shadow Play.

This.

We don't really know much about how dragons really feel about other species since Garble is the one driving the negative opinion. If dragons were really bigoted about ponies you would think they would have acted more aggressively during the Great Migration instead of just flying overhead.

It would be cool if the ponies and Torch would have a face-to-face in a future episode (sans disguises). Learning how the former Dragon Lord feels about ponies might be a better indicator of any inherent specism than what we've seen so far.

• Brohoof 1