Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A few questions for a new Ipad Pro owner

ChamberCheck

Hi all,

Just got an Ipad pro 10.5 inch with the Apple pencil. I got the 10.5 inch for easy transportability as I also use it as a portable laptop. Carrying my 12 pound ASUS ROG gaming laptop, which is my daily-use PC, to coffee shops and the like is a little annoying.

Anyway, I'm looking for a few good tutorials on digital art. I'm using Adobe Sketch. Are there any better drawing tools available for it? I'm sure there are.

Also, as relates to adding color, I've noticed in watching speedpaints and the like, these artists have absolutely no trouble keeping their color exactly within the lines, not a pixel out of place. Are they just incredibly meticulous or is there some tool that allows them to stay within a certain shape. They don't seem to be that overly meticulous. I can never seem to do that. No matter how careful I am, I always seem to get bleed off onto the outline, just due to the shape of the brush (usually circular), and I'm not exactly an amateur when it comes to traditional art. I don't usually have this problem.

This more realistic, anime style is what I like doing. I hope to be able to be this good one day.

https://derpibooru.org/1394602?q=bat+pony%2C+armor

Thanks.

Cheers.

• 4 months later...

we have iPad Air 2... and I only use Sketch Club app and my finger to doodle.. here is a sample I just finished this one.. Star Shine with her father Night Wing.. if you are look7ng for a great Sketch App Sketch Club is Perfect. 

I'm not sure however I think I herd that Serif Affinity Design might be available the iPad  with stylus.. not sure on that one.. I use Affinity Design 8n my Surface Pro 3 and I love it.. it has both Vector and Raster abilities in it...I love it.. 

hope I was able to help out

WIN_20180301_18_26_12_Pro.thumb.jpg.6fd61287e79a739bcae597be2c163a2d.jpg