Is Grubber a Honey Badger?  

14 users have voted

1. 1. Is Grubber a Honey Badger?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No

mlp_2017_grubber.png.5c1390f8d6ef21a783b64b9b075f0fdf.png

medium_php1528_tmp.jpg.177a1e3e1e9c08c666620c2fb7ab13c2.jpg

There are a good amount of new characters in the movie that have unidentified species. Grubber, Tempest's sidekick is one of them. 

I first thought that Grubber might be a Honey Badger when his design was compared to Bunga from "The Lion Guard" who is a Honey badger. Then I went so far as to compare Grubber's design to an actual honey badger. I'm pretty convinced that he is a Honey badger, but I'll let you decide for yourself.

Don't forget to answer the poll above!

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

While I will admit the similarities are astonishingly close to a honey badger, I can only hazard that not all badgers look quite like that.

Hedgehog, is clean out though. We all know that's not what a hedgehog looks like! They're blue, bipedal, have one huge wrap-around eye, wear shoes & only have a short little mane of spikes covering the back of their head that really aren't at all sharp!

Was pretty sure he was a gnoll. A species originally supposed to be hyena-men in D&D, but have gotten progressively shorter & uglier as modern fantasy revisits them. Grubber even says at one point, i'm pretty sure, that he's short & tubby for his species. Horgeheg feels off, the way they say that the original inspiration for him was a bratty little puppy. That mohawk seems to be more hair then spines, if you ask me. More of a Doggie Gnoll imho

On 10/17/2017 at 1:23 PM, Denim&Venom said:

I honestly thought that the bug bear was a honey badger. 

Well, in a very literal sense,yes, you are correct Sir.

Don't want to see how a Bugbear produces honey though...

On 10/18/2017 at 3:24 AM, blackstarraven said:

Now that being said, I was dying trying to figure out what the storm guards and storm king where...

Well that I looked up! They are quite literally just "Storm Creatures." There is... j-just nothing else on the villain species of the movie. Still hasn't stopped me from making an OC one!

I'm going with a sort of primate Yeti sort of thing.

• Brohoof 1

This thread has been a savior, mainly because I have been wondering constantly about what the hell Grubber was. XD I guess I can see the hedgehog connection, though I definitely didn't see it before. Grubber is a character I always liked for some reason. he is kinda cute. :P

• Brohoof 1