Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning The Mare in The High Castle

Whirlwindmark

An alternative world where Equestria has been divided between Sombra's Crystal Empire, who has more territory including Canterlot) The Dragon Empire(rule the southern land including ponyville(now renamed Dragonville) and The Changeling Kingdom(who occasionally buy ponies from the other empires) 

So, it's essentially like the book by Philip Dick and the tv show of the same name, just replacing the U.S. with Equestria and the Nazis and Japanese with changelings, dragons, and Sombra. May want to add a bit more detail, but I'm certainly interested. Assuming this kicks off, I might as well use Dawn, Gale, Maia, and Tempest.

Edited by Drago Ryder
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
44 minutes ago, Drago Ryder said:

So, it's essentially like the book by Philip Dick and the tv show of the same name, just replacing the U.S. with Equestria and the Nazis and Japanese with changelings, dragons, and Sombra. May want to add a bit more detail, but I'm certainly interested. Assuming this kicks off, I might as well use Dawn, Gale, Maia, and Tempest.

Sure! What other details would you like to add?

id like to add Everfree forest as a neutral zone. Where the Everfreedom Fighters are based.

37 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Consider me interested also with Lektra, but I'd like to see more detail on what the goal is for players. Sol? Action? Do whatever and hope the RP doesn't die? Details, please

Action and world building. Perhaps showing life in the divided lands.

Edited by Whirlwindmark

1 minute ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Possibly. I'd like more information please. What is the players goal? 

Action, interacting and life in the divided lands.

The Dragonian Empire is under Dragon Lord Nima(a giant albino female dragon who came up with the idea to help Sombra and the Changelings conquer Equestria, unlike other dragons she is not interested in raiding, she's interested in owning) Dragonville has Dragons as first class citizens and Ponies as second class/slave citizens, though they are encouraged to embrace Dragon culture if they want better treatment.

Count me in too. Of course only if you're ok with my characters. (Just Maple if Woody's too OP if you accept them at all.)

If you don't nessisarly ship Fluttercord (Yea I know before hand.) Then perhaps we could work out something to bring them into this universe from theirs because I'm really interested.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Maple Bat said:

Count me in too. Of course only if you're ok with my characters. (Just Maple if Woody's too OP if you accept them at all.)

If you don't nessisarly ship Fluttercord (Yea I know before hand.) Then perhaps we could work out something to bring them into this universe from theirs because I'm really interested.

I'm cool with Fluttercord.

And  I'm good with your characters :)

Edited by Whirlwindmark
  • Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Whirlwindmark said:

Action, interacting and life in the divided lands.

The Dragonian Empire is under Dragon Lord Nima(a giant albino female dragon who came up with the idea to help Sombra and the Changelings conquer Equestria, unlike other dragons she is not interested in raiding, she's interested in owning) Dragonville has Dragons as first class citizens and Ponies as second class/slave citizens, though they are encouraged to embrace Dragon culture if they want better treatment.

But not actually making a dent to fix the regime, which is pointless to try? I mean the setting seems appealing but I'm just not sure what I'd be doing that doesn't get me killed.

What's the state of Manhattan? 

Just now, Lektra Bolt said:

But not actually making a dent to fix the regime, which is pointless to try? I mean the setting seems appealing but I'm just not sure what I'd be doing that doesn't get me killed.

What's the state of Manhattan? 

What would you suggest? I'm curious, I'm not a control freak, and I want to hear suggestions to make it better.

Manehattan is under Changeling control and is in ruins.

15 minutes ago, Whirlwindmark said:

Sure! What other details would you like to add?

id like to add Everfree forest as a neutral zone. Where the Everfreedom Fighters are based.

Action and world building. Perhaps showing life in the divided lands.

Having the everfree as a neutral zone would make sense. As for ideas, I'd go into how each country treats ponies, which I see you have already done for the dragons, and their relations to each other. Granted, I'd assume it'd be a fragile peace if the book is anything to go off of. There's also the factor of how many ponies you want in the resistance movement and those that act as spies for each of the countries, along with where they start. For instance, and this is only an example, Gale could easily be a spy for the dragons, considering the fact that she is one herself, and infiltrate the Everfreedom Fighters as a sympathizer or one of the other countries as a diplomat.

Edited by Drago Ryder
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Drago Ryder said:

Having the everfree as a neutral zone would make sense. As for ideas, I'd go into how each country treats ponies, which I see you have already done for the dragons, and their relations to each other. Granted, I'd assume it'd be a fragile peace if the book is anything to go off of. There's also the factor of how many ponies you want in the resistance movement and those that act as spies, along with where they start. For instance, and this is only an example, Gale could easily be a spy for the dragons, considering the fact that she is one herself, and infiltrate the Everfreedom Fighters.

Sure that sounds good! I do feel that perhaps that in Dragonville, things are a tad more..liberal compared to the other colonies and mainland, since many ponies live there, there is a movement to grant equality.

I can see Gale as a spy :)

Edited by Whirlwindmark

Just now, Whirlwindmark said:

Sure that sounds good! I do feel that perhaps that in Dragonville, things are a tad more..liberal compared to the other colonies and mainland, since many ponies live there, there is a movement to grant equality.

So it'd be similar to the Japanese zone, while Sombra and the Changelings are akin to the Nazis. I can see that working.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Drago Ryder said:

So it'd be similar to the Japanese zone, while Sombra and the Changelings are akin to the Nazis. I can see that working.

Very much so. And I can see the potential alliance pact between Sombra and The Changelings to invade Dragon Equestria due to the dragons(at least in these colonies are becoming softer)

4 minutes ago, Whirlwindmark said:

What would you suggest? I'm curious, I'm not a control freak, and I want to hear suggestions to make it better.

Manehattan is under Changeling control and is in ruins.

I was thinking players were recruited as some kind of revolutionary or rebel group, giving a clear goal and purpose for everyone who wants to go that route. 

We'll I'm screwed then if the city is in ruins. Lektra would have no company to back her and probably no materials to restart her business from, especially with Ponyville taken over by the dragons.

Hmm I'm unsure of what to do. I like the setting but it just seems a bit dystopian

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
2 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

I was thinking players were recruited as some kind of revolutionary or rebel group, giving a clear goal and purpose for everyone who wants to go that route. 

We'll I'm screwed then if the city is in ruins. Lektra would have no company to back her and probably no materials to restart her business from, especially with Ponyville taken over by the dragons.

Hmm I'm unsure of what to do. I like the setting but it just seems a bit dystopian

Again, how would you like it to go? I always am open for ideas to make something much more enjoyable.

1 minute ago, Acnologia said:

Might as well use Kybui, Clayton, and Orion for this one. I'll be sure to find a role for them all.

Sounds good!

as for the dragon colonial army. Well I imagine their armor is similar to that of The Easterlings(from LOTR trilogy)

Edited by Whirlwindmark

Again, how would you like it to go? I always am open for ideas to make something much more enjoyable.

I like where you and Drago (who's actually read the book) are going with a resistance movement. I'll keep an eye on here and see how plot ideas develop, alrighty? :)

1 minute ago, Lektra Bolt said:

I like where you and Drago (who's actually read the book) are going with a resistance movement. I'll keep an eye on here and see how plot ideas develop, alrighty? :)

And watched the show. What can I say, I love alternative history. Anyway, she could've easily escaped beforehand and made it to the everfree.

5 minutes ago, Whirlwindmark said:

Very much so. And I can see the potential alliance pact between Sombra and The Changelings to invade Dragon Equestria due to the dragons(at least in these colonies are becoming softer)

Nice. Also, I used Gale as a spy as an example, even if I might go for it now that I think about it. Don't know if she'd be used as a diplomat or a sympathizer, though. Anyway, I'll spitball some more when I come up with other ideas.

• Brohoof 1

And watched the show. What can I say, I love alternative history. Anyway, she could've easily escaped beforehand and made it to the everfree.

Nice. Also, I used Gale as a spy as an example, even if I might go for it now that I think about it. Don't know if she'd be used as a diplomat or a sympathizer, though. Anyway, I'll spitball some more when I come up with other ideas.

PS. I love the show! And the book is my favorite novel of all time! Always loved the idea of an divided and occupied America.

Is Gale on the side of dragons or ponies? Just curious.

PS. I love the show! And the book is my favorite novel of all time! Always loved the idea of an divided and occupied America.

Is Gale on the side of dragons or ponies? Just curious.

Normally, I'd say ponies considering the fact that I tend to keep relationships between my characters relatively canon when I do get around to using them. That being said, she could've been... reeducated, assuming that's a thing in this rp.

• Brohoof 1

Normally, I'd say ponies considering the fact that I tend to keep relationships between my characters relatively canon when I do get around to using them. That being said, she could've been... reeducated, assuming that's a thing in this rp.

Yep, Nima's regime is similar to the Japanese Empire with a hint of North Vietnam(who sent others to reeducation camps after the war)

I'm not worried about being alive or dead, just how long with a lack of money or materials to do do anything with. Her original home destroyed and probably family killed would drive revenge fairly easily, but just not having anything to restart from I'm not sure how I could contribute.

I suppose she would don her armor if Whirl allows that (and feels like reading all those links in the completely broken character profile) and be wandering, but again with a lack of materials for repairs the outlook looks kinda bleak, ya know?

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

I'm not worried about being alive or dead, just how long with a lack of money or materials to do do anything with. Her original home destroyed and probably family killed would drive revenge fairly easily, but just not having anything to restart from I'm not sure how I could contribute.

I suppose she would don her armor if Whirl allows that (and feels like reading all those links in the completely broken character profile) and be wandering, but again with a lack of materials for repairs the outlook looks kinda bleak, ya know?

Well to make things better, how about Manehattan is not in ruins but just occupied and being transformed to be more Changeling like.