Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning The Mare in The High Castle

Whirlwindmark

9 minutes ago, Whirlwindmark said:

Well to make things better, how about Manehattan is not in ruins but just occupied and being transformed to be more Changeling like.

That works for me, thanks! I guess Bolt Solutions would be in the business of magical bug spray to the highest bidder, gone underground?

I'll keep an eye out here though as things develop. Please read through the profile in my signature for now if my haracter would fit, and if I could use my magical powered armor in this or not. Sorry in advance about the broken stuff, that's the forum and I can't do anything about it :(

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

Just now, Lektra Bolt said:

That works for me, thanks! I guess Bolt Solutions would be in the business of magical bug spray to the highest bidder, gone underground?

I'll keep an eye out here though as things develop. Please read through the profile in my signature for now if NY character would fit, and if I could use my magical powered armor in this or not. Sorry in advance about the broken stuff, that's the forum and I can't do anything about it :(

No problem :) I'm always trying to make things a bit better :).

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Whirlwindmark said:

Yep, Nima's regime is similar to the Japanese Empire with a hint of North Vietnam(who sent others to reeducation camps after the war)

Ok. Here's my plan for my characters thus far.

Gale- captured before she could escape Ponyville and reeducated to be loyal to the new regime (Dragons). I leave where she goes as a spy up to you.

Tempest- There's nothing different from his backstory except for a bit of PTSD due to the invasion. He's essentially a broken stallion who has lost everything he held dear to him, and is simply waiting for something to push him over the edge. Current location: Everfree forest

Dawn- I want to say sold to the changelings, but I don't know how likely that would be, given that she was most likely in Ponyville at the time. How are ponies treated by them? We've seen what Sombra would most likely do in the show, but the changelings are a sort of grey area.

Maia- May have to not use her for this, but I'd assume she'd be a civilian in the resistance movement that was displaced when the Gryphon territory fell to [insert evil force here].

I'd imagine Maple would have been fighting against Sombra prior to the start due to relations with Luna and the night guard... That or too avenge her parents should they have been killed prior. As a result, she'd either be one of 3 things 1. Dead (But not this one please) 2. Captured by Sombra 3. In the everfreedom fighters.

Woody wouldn't have gotten involved in the fighting at all until his family got hurt even then He'd be defensive rather than attacking one of the mane groups so He'd be in everfree as a healer of sorts. Not a battler.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Drago Ryder said:

Ok. Here's my plan for my characters thus far.

Gale- captured before she could escape Ponyville and reeducated to be loyal to the new regime (Dragons). I leave where she goes as a spy up to you.

Tempest- There's nothing different from his backstory except for a bit of PTSD due to the invasion. He's essentially a broken stallion who has lost everything he held dear to him, and is simply waiting for something to push him over the edge. Current location: Everfree forest

Dawn- I want to say sold to the changelings, but I don't know how likely that would be, given that she was most likely in Ponyville at the time. How are ponies treated by them? We've seen what Sombra would most likely do in the show, but the changelings are a sort of grey area.

Maia- May have to not use her for this, but I'd assume she'd be a civilian in the resistance movement that was displaced when the Gryphon territory fell to [insert evil force here].

I'll say the Griffins were partitioned between Sombra(got the north) and Nima(the south)

All this sounds good.

My character is

Govoner-General Tinder: Leader of Dragonville, the one who commissioned Gale's reeducation.  And currently held up in a castle built in the heart of Dragonville.

6 minutes ago, Maple Bat said:

I'd imagine Maple would have been fighting against Sombra prior to the start due to relations with Luna and the night guard... That or too avenge her parents should they have been killed prior. As a result, she'd either be one of 3 things 1. Dead (But not this one please) 2. Captured by Sombra 3. In the everfreedom fighters.

Woody wouldn't have gotten involved in the fighting at all until his family got hurt even then He'd be defensive rather than attacking one of the mane groups so He'd be in everfree as a healer of sorts. Not a battler.

Everfreedom Fighter would be good.

• Brohoof 1

I'm a bit curious as to how far technology has progressed since the fall of Equestria. I assume it'd be the same as what we see in the show, but I could be wrong. Of course, that's not taking into account whatever Lektra can create, and since we're giving our character starting positions away, I might as well do the same.

Clayton would've escaped with as many weapons he could carry and headed into the everfree forest to support the budding resistance. He'd be the blacksmith of the group and essentially create whatever the freedom fighters needed. He still has his scythe.

Kyubi would be a civilian within the dragon territories, though her level of success depends on whether or not the dragons like listening to her music and are feeling generous.

Orion, considering that I haven't had him develop a close relationship with any pony, might as well put in the dragon territory. I imagine him as a sort of enforcer, considering his appearance, abilities, backstory, and general personality

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Whirlwindmark said:

All this sounds good.

My character is

Govoner-General Tinder: Leader of Dragonville, the one who commissioned Gale's reeducation.  And currently held up in a castle built in the heart of Dragonville.

Now I'm curious to see what kind of relationship will develop between her and Tinder.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Acnologia said:

I'm a bit curious as to how far technology has progressed since the fall of Equestria. I assume it'd be the same as what we see in the show, but I could be wrong. Of course, that's not taking into account whatever Lektra can create, and since we're giving our character starting positions away, I might as well do the same.

Clayton would've escaped with as many weapons he could carry and headed into the everfree forest to support the budding resistance. He'd be the blacksmith of the group and essentially create whatever the freedom fighters needed. He still has his scythe.

Kyubi would be a civilian within the dragon territories, though her level of success depends on whether or not the dragons like listening to her music and are feeling generous.

Orion, considering that I haven't had him develop a close relationship with any pony, might as well put in the dragon territory. I imagine him as a sort of enforcer, considering his appearance, abilities, backstory, and general personality

I'd say tech is highest in Sombras Empire. The Dragonians are second while Changelings rely mostly on insect colony like ways.

Im down with these ideas.Kyubi might be one of those ponies they just like, the conquers become just as effected as the conquered.

(fun fact the Aloha shirt isn't pure Hawaiian, it's actuallya mix of Japanese and Hawaiian)

Just now, Drago Ryder said:

Now I'm curious to see what kind of relationship will develop between her and Tinder.

In a way, I can see him as her commander and him treating her as an honorary dragon, loyal to the Empire.

25 minutes ago, Whirlwindmark said:

In a way, I can see him as her commander and him treating her as an honorary dragon, loyal to the Empire.

Kind of weird reading that if one hasn't read the books or watched the show, considering the fact that she's a dragon as well, but I understand what you meant. As for her and Tinder, I guess we'll just have to see how the rp plays out.

• Brohoof 1

Kind of weird reading that if one hasn't read the books or watched the show, considering the fact that she's a dragon as well, but I understand what you meant. As for her and Tinder, I guess we'll just have to see how the rp plays out.

My bad

Same here. Also, considering the fact that Dawn is in there territory, how do the changelings treat ponies?

Mostly very well, similar to how the Germans treated the French(they need love after all)

Just now, Whirlwindmark said:

Mostly very well, similar to how the Germans treated the French(they need love after all)

Figured as much. That pretty much covers all my concerns. Also, you may want a character in the resistance, just so you can interact with the characters in its ranks a bit more easily. I'd do the same for the changelings, but I'm the only one with a character confirmed to start out in that territory, so we'll have to see.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Drago Ryder said:

Figured as much. That pretty much covers all my concerns. Also, you may want a character in the resistance, just so you can interact with the characters in its ranks a bit more easily. I'd do the same for the changelings, but I'm the only one with a character confirmed to start out in that territory, so we'll have to see.

Perhaps a Changeling character who is for sharing love instead of sucking it away.

Just now, Whirlwindmark said:

Perhaps a Changeling character who is for sharing love instead of sucking it away.

The show already covered that with Thorax, so it could possibly work. Granted, it's probably not a common mentality within the general populace.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Drago Ryder said:

The show already covered that with Thorax, so it could possibly work. Granted, it's probably not a common mentality within the general populace.

You are correct, it's not. His opinion is very unpopular.

12 minutes ago, Whirlwindmark said:

You are correct, it's not. His opinion is very unpopular.

Figured. It'll probably be a while before the two meet, though. Anyway, I'm ready to start.

Edited by Drago Ryder
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Acnologia said:

that's not taking into account whatever Lektra can create

Magitek isn't technically technology, just mimics what we would consider technology in the real world. Or not, and limited to what we see in the show like the Apples Fridge. What Lektra actually makes is based on what the GM allows her to make, and how developed her company is per continuity she participates in. I scale up and down easily, very flexible.

@Whirlwindmark I am going to need to know what I would and wouldn't be allowed to make, and if I could use her powered magical armor. Had a chance to look through her profile? It's in my signature, EVE version applies with any modifications you'd need to make her viable here. Sorry the profile is so broken, that's the forum

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Magitek isn't technically technology, just mimics what we would consider technology in the real world. Or not, and limited to what we see in the show like the Apples Fridge. What Lektra actually makes is based on what the GM allows her to make, and how developed her company is per continuity she participates in. I scale up and down easily, very flexible.

@Whirlwindmark I am going to need to know what I would and wouldn't be allowed to make, and if I could use her powered magical armor. Had a chance to look through her profile? It's in my signature, EVE version applies with any modifications you'd need to make her viable here. Sorry the profile is so broken, that's the forum

I have not, but I will now. And magical armor is fine.

• Brohoof 1