Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Nintendo thread

EmbodimentOfCringe

I grew up with an NES, missed out on SNES and N64 (played my cousin's a few times), had a Gameboy Color and Advance, got back into gaming with Gamecube and DS, now own Wii and 3DS. I just beat Link's Awakening yesterday, and am trying to save up for Skyward Sword. I can't wait for an original 3DS Zelda and Metroid.

Nintendo, eh?

Twilight Princess was fine... if you didn't play it on the Wii. The motion controls weren't good enough. I'm hoping with Motion Plus, that has been fixed for Skyward Sword.

Either way, I'd rather boot up LttP. Or just not play Zelda and play some CastleVania. ;)

• Brohoof 1

what do you ponies think about mario kart 7?

I'm pretty pumped for it, but I won't be getting it until Christmas so I haven't been obsessing over it.

I have yet to play a Mario Kart game that was completely not worth it, so I'm pretty confident that it will be awesome. Crossing my fingers for Miis.

Ok, I agree that TP wii version had bad motion control. But, Skyward sword fixed that whatever move you make with the wii motion plus remote (I'm getting the gold remote. :) ) Link will follow perfectly. another example would be the bow its no longer point and shoot. in order to aim you need to actually hold it like a bow which means you need to use the nunchuck to aim. It also has a upgrade system for every item you have.

Also to Peachy Pie Mii's were confirmed awhile ago

Haha, alrighty! I've been completely apathetic towards Ninty news. I preordered SS like, a month ago and haven't been watching any of the trailers or anything. I like to keep myself surprised, I guess.

Edited by Peachy Pie

Ready for a shocker?

I didn't like Majora's Mask. :o

A lot of people didnt. I personally have no real feelings for the 3d games. Top down is where its at.

Ready for a shocker?

I didn't like Majora's Mask. :o

Aw... That's too bad.

It's my favorite Zelda game ever. However, I do not support a remastered port of it being made for the 3DS, I want a brand new 3D adventure on the 3DS. It'd be much better than paying $40 for a texture pack for a game I already own several times over.

Edited by Chorda
  • Brohoof 1

I have to disagree with the comment about "paying $40 for a texture pack", because last time I checked, updated textures don't give you added features, and updated models with higher polygon counts. Meh.

• Brohoof 1

Zelda.

This now counts as on topic.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYFVbzDu55Q]

Edited by hardcore_crispy
  • Brohoof 2

I have to disagree with the comment about "paying $40 for a texture pack", because last time I checked, updated textures don't give you added features, and updated models with higher polygon counts. Meh.

I was exaggerating. There are a few areas redone in 3D and of course Link got updated models, but beyond that it was just the original OOT with better textures. And I'm sorry, but those little graphical enhancements are not enough to justify a $40 purchase. I say that having OOT (and MM) being two of my top favorite games ever.

In my humble opinion, Ocarina of Time 3D with it's mirrored version of Master Quest and Official Soundtrack CD made it totally worth the $40 I paid for it.

Oh, and the Boss Rush mode.

Edited by Kinvara

In my humble opinion, Ocarina of Time 3D with it's mirrored version of Master Quest and Official Soundtrack CD made it totally worth the $40 I paid for it.

Oh, and the Boss Rush mode.

I already had Master Quest, and I bought the original OOT soundtrack a couple of years ago.

Boss Rush mode is not something I would pay anything for.

Now if they had given us the CD that's coming with Skyward Sword's first run that would have meant something to me. I want that one so bad. D:

But with OOT3D I only gained a portable OOT/Master Quest port and one orchestrated track from the OST.

Edited by Chorda

Does anyone know when we are supposed to get our GBA ambassador games?

Its times like this I wish they didn't release Duke Nukem Forever.

Because a Duke Nukem forever joke would work here.

Probably late October/November.

Its times like this I wish they didn't release Duke Nukem Forever.

Because a Duke Nukem forever joke would work here.

Probably late October/November.

I wouldve been happier without DNF. What we got was terrible.