Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Nintendo thread

EmbodimentOfCringe

Who here is getting the Wii U

While I'm not 100% convinced right now, when we see Super Smash Bros. 4 I'm sure I will be.

And if the Zelda is in a more realistic style (like the TP-style although obviously they can't go with that again) I will have to get it.

I kind of doubt I will get it because it just doesnt seem too next gen. I need to see the new Sony and Microsoft consoles before I make my decision.

While I have my concerns of how it might hold up power-wise to Sony and Microsoft's next generation consoles, I'm not that worried about it myself. I am just happy to see Nintendo going HD, and lets be honest, due to how little Nintendo really showed us at E3, we haven't seen much of what the Wii U can do.

While I have my concerns of how it might hold up power-wise to Sony and Microsoft's next generation consoles, I'm not that worried about it myself. I am just happy to see Nintendo going HD, and lets be honest, due to how little Nintendo really showed us at E3, we haven't seen much of what the Wii U can do.

As long as the controller isnt too much of a gimmick like motion controls I can see myself owning one.

As long as the controller isnt too much of a gimmick like motion controls I can see myself owning one.

I understand. I'm really tired of Nintendo's gimmicks.

However, at least this time it's an actual controller. lol

I understand. I'm really tired of Nintendo's gimmicks.

However, at least this time it's an actual controller. lol

Same. Like really tired. 3d and waggle controls aside, the controller is really innovative. But I need to see how it feels in my hands first.

Wii U is gonna be awesome, no matter what. And I'm going to get it for sure! (As long as I get all A in my Pre-AP classes...)

Why dont you get a job and buy it yourself?

Honestly, I want to see the next gen consoles of Microsoft and Sony. Granted, I'll probably get a WiiU, but probably in the middle of it's life. I tend to get handhelds early in life, while consoles mid-to early late in life.

But I fear that Microsoft and Sony are gonna try to make their consoles horridly gimmicky and appeal almost exclusively to casuals, and have little hardware upgrades. I mean, Kinect and Move... :\

Of course, this may just be the paranoia in me coming out.

But I fear that Microsoft and Sony are gonna try to make their consoles horridly gimmicky and appeal almost exclusively to casuals, and have little hardware upgrades. I mean, Kinect and Move... :\

Considering Microsoft's last couple of E3's I honestly wouldn't be shocked if they went down that road.

I feel bad for Microsoft fans, those E3 conferences must be painful lol.

I was exaggerating. There are a few areas redone in 3D and of course Link got updated models, but beyond that it was just the original OOT with better textures. And I'm sorry, but those little graphical enhancements are not enough to justify a $40 purchase. I say that having OOT (and MM) being two of my top favorite games ever.

First of all, every 3D asset of the game was redone, not just retextured outside of Link and "a few areas".

Now, seconds of all, there were new features. Not too hard to overlook those, at all.

And third of all, I am grateful I got a Zelda in any form for the 3DS and would rather have MM ported over since it'd be easy due to almost all resources being available from OoT 3D, so I can pass on a new Zelda for 3DS.

Plus, MM is my favorite Zelda game of all time.

P.S., if I sound mad/rude, I am not. I just felt I needed to call out some things you said as false.

Edited by Ganondork

First of all, every 3D asset of the game was redone, not just retextured outside of Link and "a few areas".

And second of all, I am grateful I got a Zelda in any form for the 3DS and would rather have MM ported over since it'd be easy.

#1. That's really hard to believe. Unless it was only done for making it in 3D because nearly everything looks identical to the N64 game with updated textures. It's impressive how well they implemented the textures, I'll give them that.

#2. Grateful? I'll be 'grateful' for Four Swords Anniversary, because that was free. However, for Ocarina of Time 3D, I spent my own money and I have no reason to be 'grateful' whatsoever. I wish I had never bought it because I gave up $40 that could have gone towards clothes, or even Skyward Sword which I probably won't be able to get for a while now.

So... I chose a remastered port over a new Zelda.

If only I had known. =(

Practically everything I can point out has been redone, see the attached images.

Also, you act as though I called you an ingrate. I guess in this day and age when one calls himself grateful for something, it's automatically to be assumed he is talking about anyone else with a different opinion. Ugh.

Anywho, may we please stop? I really do not want to get into anything with people here, I just came to make friends with people who share the same interest as me. :(

post-145-0-72392400-1317873270_thumb.jpg

post-145-0-88039400-1317873271_thumb.jpg

post-145-0-84462400-1317873272_thumb.jpg

post-145-0-95309200-1317873273_thumb.png

Edited by Ganondork

Fine, I can't argue much with that.

In that case it's just a really "meh" remake. It's still very much a waste of my money. They played it so safe they might as well have never done it at all.

Edited by Chorda

No.

I can't justify another gimmick system.

But what if it has good games?

Then it is worth it, that's all a console is to me: Its games.

The Wii's gimmick got in the way of its games, and it didn't have very many good games IMO so that's why I do not care for the Wii and its annoying gimmicks. However, I will give the Wii U a chance.

But what if it has good games?

The Wii has three (four, if you count Sonic, but he's multiplatform) of the most powerful names in gaming with Zelda, Mario, and Kirby, and I still regret the Wii. I think Nintendo would be better served with less "innovation" and more making a good platform for these names to flourish properly. *shrug*

I honestly do not consider trying out new control schemes a gimmick.

I will love the Wii U, but will be disappointed if nothing ever happens with that HD Zelda tech demo they showed off.

post-145-0-10367200-1317874561_thumb.jpg

Meh, I really wouldn't call the system a gimmick yet. I mean, the screen look like it could actually, ya know, be helpful instead of just a useless gimmick. I mean, the ability to play a game in HD, and not even having to look at the TV is a pretty nice improvement.

I just wish they would have told us more about it though. They didn't hype it up as big as the did with the 3DS.

I will love the Wii U, but will be disappointed if nothing ever happens with that HD Zelda tech demo they showed off.

It's not likely anything with happen with it, to be honest.

They could really troll us and bring us a new Toon Link style.

I'm not a hater of that style or anything, but they really need to give us a realistic Zelda for the introduction to HD.

Either way they won't use that exact style, as that is just HD Twilight Princess. I'd love it, but I know they won't go with that. Hopefully they'll go with something close!

I just wish they would have told us more about it though. They didn't hype it up as big as the did with the 3DS.

I suppose that would be because they unveiled the 3DS at E3 2010 and released it before the next E3. That's not happening with the Wii U.

Meh, I really wouldn't call the system a gimmick yet. I mean, the screen look like it could actually, ya know, be helpful instead of just a useless gimmick. I mean, the ability to play a game in HD, and not even having to look at the TV is a pretty nice improvement.

If I wanted a handheld, I'd buy a handheld.

I don't mean to sound like a dick here, but it doesn't seem like a step in the right direction to me. I could be wrong, and it could be awesome, and at that point, I'll eat my words and throw money at Nintendo for their awesome first-party titles. Until then, it's a tough sell for me.

I don't see how the HD Zelda's use of TP's style would be an impossibility.

OoT had its own unique graphical style, and MM inherited that same style, albeit with some visual updates.

I don't see how the HD Zelda's use of TP's style would be an impossibility.

OoT had its own unique graphical style, and MM inherited that same style, albeit with some visual updates.

Majora's Mask was a direct sequel to Ocarina of Time. While it's not completely out of the question that they'd do that with the Wii U Zelda, it's VERY unlikely. Especially considering we already have Skyward Sword. MM was released directly after OOT.

Besides, the Zelda games have never looked like the tech demos.

Edited by Chorda

I bought the Wii thinking it would be awesome, and for a while it was. I loved SSBB, and Twilight Princess, but the only reason its collecting dust in my closet instead of me selling it is because of Skyward Sword. The Wii U looks pretty cool, but I'm still skeptical about it. It seems they are incorporating too much into it. And when they do release it, I hope they don't make the same mistake they did with the 3DS and show off all these awesome titles, and NOT making them launch titles.