Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Nintendo thread

EmbodimentOfCringe

And when they do release it, I hope they don't make the same mistake they did with the 3DS and show off all these awesome titles, and NOT making them launch titles.

Considering that they had not even a single awesome title to show off at this last E3 it is a bit worrying!

They didn't even have a single first party title. =/

Considering that they had not even a single awesome title to show off at this last E3 it is a bit worrying!

They didn't even have a single first party title. =/

Yes that did concern me as well. I mean they are releasing Skyward Sword soon, so the only big name they really have to go off, is another Mario game. And while they are good, I just think that there's too many of the them. I mean a new Nintendo system without LoZ. What?

Yes that did concern me as well. I mean they are releasing Skyward Sword soon, so the only big name they really have to go off, is another Mario game. And while they are good, I just think that there's too many of the them. I mean a new Nintendo system without LoZ. What?

Well, actually the New Super Mario Bros. title shown there wasn't an official title. In fact I believe it was just a tech demo much like the Zelda one.

I will be disappointed if it launches with a New Super Mario Bros. game. I honestly thought that was an incredibly odd choice to be the first thing to show us of their first step into HD, but maybe that's just me.

Hopefully Wii U launches with a Mario title like Super Mario 64/Super Mario Sunshine. That is with open worlds and not the linearity that they've been stuck with for the past few 3D Mario titles. Honestly, if I wanted linearity, I would play 2D Mario.

Well, actually the New Super Mario Bros. title shown there wasn't an official title. In fact I believe it was just a tech demo much like the Zelda one.

I will be disappointed if it launches with a New Super Mario Bros. game. I honestly thought that was an incredibly odd choice to be the first thing to show us of their first step into HD, but maybe that's just me.

Hopefully Wii U launches with a Mario title like Super Mario 64/Super Mario Sunshine. That is with open worlds and not the linearity that they've been stuck with for the past few 3D Mario titles. Honestly, if I wanted linearity, I would play 2D Mario.

I loved Sunshine, it's on my list for all time favorite games. I didn't realize that the mario and LoZ demos were just tech demos. If they release this next year, they better have some top notch looking games, or bring back some of the classic 64 titles like they did with the 3DS. I would love to something along the lines of Pokemon Stadium that isn't total crap. And how knows, maybe they'll release a new Super Smash Bros or something.

Nintendo should release a Pokemon game that is every land, every pokemon, and every badge in one game and call it Pokemon Spectrum or something like that.

I would spend forever playing it.

The Wii U will be a first day buy for me. Now I understand your guys speculations but I will want to buy it because of these reasons.

1. Super Smash bros ( Universe might be its name just rumors tho.) and connectivity with the 3ds for that game. need I say more

2. The graphical power shown at E3 was only 25% of its power and those were about PS3 graphics.

3. The tablet will be able to play the game on it. It is like a overpowered handheld.

Thats why I will buy it day one. For those who won't because of their speculation I will be nice enough to show you how awesome it will be.

I suppose that would be because they unveiled the 3DS at E3 2010 and released it before the next E3. That's not happening with the Wii U.

No, I mean, they spent a good chunk of the E3 explaining a lot about the 3DS, and gave us plenty of solid titles to look forward to. They barely touched on the WiiU and aside from mentioning Zelda, SMB, and some Mii game(And I believe the two were just tech demos) not much compared to the 3DS. And yeah, Smash Bros, but it was really just mentioned.

If I wanted a handheld, I'd buy a handheld.

I don't mean to sound like a dick here, but it doesn't seem like a step in the right direction to me. I could be wrong, and it could be awesome, and at that point, I'll eat my words and throw money at Nintendo for their awesome first-party titles. Until then, it's a tough sell for me.

Its... Not really a handheld though, not to the same degree as the 3DS. Its just a nice feature that allows for you to still play our game and watch TV. Plus, the controller has dual-analog sticks, something we've only seen on the Gamecube.

Plus from what I've heard the Graphics are a great improvement, which, along with a decent controller, will hopefully attract more third parties.

But like I said, its too early to really judge the system yet, not until it comes out, and we know more about PS4 and Xbox 720.

The Wii U will be a first day buy for me. Now I understand your guys speculations but I will want to buy it because of these reasons.

1. Super Smash bros ( Universe might be its name just rumors tho.) and connectivity with the 3ds for that game. need I say more

2. The graphical power shown at E3 was only 25% of its power and those were about PS3 graphics.

3. The tablet will be able to play the game on it. It is like a overpowered handheld.

Thats why I will buy it day one. For those who won't because of their speculation I will be nice enough to show you how awesome it will be.

From what I remember from the E3 debut, it was pretty awesome. They introduced a lot of awesome features and the game play looked enticing as well as invigorating. However, I can't tell you how many times I was drawn into something that flaunted all of its pretty bells and whistles, and it turning out to suck. I'm an open minded person and Nintendo has always held a special place in my heart ever since I received my first gameboy pocket for my birthday. I really want the console to be able to compete with the pc, ps3 and xbox 360, but I'm not going to blindly got out and buy it. I'll wait until all the reviews come in and play it at best buy or something before I buy it. Edited by ryak

Perspective swap.

Top three original Nintendo games.

1. SMB 3

2. CastleVania

3. Megaman 2.

GOGOGO.

1. MULE

2. SMB 3

3. Contra

Edited by Gummy

This isn't directly linked with Nintendo but lately I've been playing Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days for the third time. I love this game and I will forever be a fan of the series thanks to the DS KH games. I love KHI and KHII but Days and Coded have far better gameplay imo. Their story ain't nothin' to sneeze at either.

Still haven't played BBS though, no PSP.

Their story ain't nothin' to sneeze at either.

I am sorry but that just made me giggle madly. I think the KH series downfall is its plot and characters. ESPECIALLY the original characters.

Nintendo should release a Pokemon game that is every land, every pokemon, and every badge in one game and call it Pokemon Spectrum or something like that.

I would spend forever playing it.

i would play that. But how would levels work? by the time you got to sinnoh or unova every pokemon would be level 90-100

As for the WiiU, I'm probably gonna wait a couple of months to get it. They way things went with the 3DS this year is making me not want to get the WiiU when it first comes out.

Edited by Owlowiscious

i would play that. But how would levels work? by the time you got to sinnoh or unova every pokemon would be level 90-100

As for the WiiU, I'm probably gonna wait a couple of months to get it. They way things went with the 3DS this year is making me not want to get the WiiU when it first comes out.

It would be simple enough to extend the level cap. There are other RPGs out there with level caps upwards to 200-250 I'm sure if they made a game like that they could extend it.

Or they could make the difference in levels much bigger, more experience to get to another level or getting less experience from a battle you would normally get 100 Exp for.

Personally, I'd love a DMC-like Pokemon game. Not in the sense that it's bloody and demonic but the gameplay type would be amazing imo.

Otherwise known as Pokemon MMO. A game that needs to be made.

Too bad Nintendo would never make it. =(

I just can't see them pulling it together to make a big online game like that. Besides that point, they only seem to care to keep the real Pokemon games on handhelds. Unless they pull something big with the next generation of Pokemon games, I don't see it happening. =(

Too bad Nintendo would never make it. =(

I just can't see them pulling it together to make a big online game like that. Besides that point, they only seem to care to keep the real Pokemon games on handhelds. Unless they pull something big with the next generation of Pokemon games, I don't see it happening. =(

Its the perfect game for an MMO. And even people who dont play nintendo games have played Pokemon. Could be a huge money maker. Maybe in my lifetime we will see it :(

Well they made a Dragon Quest MMO, a series that quite honestly never had any business being an MMO, so it's always possible for Pokemon to have one. Digimon has had one or two and it's not even close to as popular as Pokemon (Though still quite popular)

But how would levels work?

*upon entering new world, new NPC appears*

"Hey! You're new here, aren't you? You're pokemon look pretty tough, but we work with different standards here!"

*Levels reset to one, stats stay the same. Think like Prestige in COD, but without the weapon loss.*

*upon entering new world, new NPC appears*

"Hey! You're new here, aren't you? You're pokemon look pretty tough, but we work with different standards here!"

*Levels reset to one, stats stay the same. Think like Prestige in COD, but without the weapon loss.*

Sorry, but that sounds incredibly annoying.

Sorry, but that sounds incredibly annoying.

*shrug* To each his own. I'd like it. Good thing I'm not a Nintendo exec, or that shit would be fast tracked for holiday 2012.

Meh, heres my opinion of how a Pokemon game with all the regions should work.

First, you could choose which of the 5 regions to start in. Simple, and the game would continue like most Pokemon games. Once you've defeated the elite 4 of that region, you could buy a ticket at the region's port town to another region. Now, when you go to another region, due to international laws, you can't bring Pokemon you had to the new region. Yup, you start from scratch. Now, yo won't lose them, but you won't have access to those Pokemon until you defeat the region's elite 4.

So lets say I have a level 76 Blastoise. That thing could easily sweep through Johto. But instead, I leave it behind in Kanto, and get a Totodile instead. But once I beat the Johto elite 4, or return to Kanto, I can easily use my Blastoise.

Oh, and if it was to become MMO, it better be an optional feature, and I better be able to do it with friends only if I wanted to. I really don't want to be bugged by 6 year olds when I'm level grinding on a Nuzlocke.

JOEY wants to battle!

What, no. Decline battle request.

JOEY wants to battle!

What? I already said no.

JOEY wants to battle!

Fuck off kid!

JOEY wants to battle!

Thats it, I'm setting you to ignore.

BILLY wants to trade!

I'm probably the devil's advocate, but playing a Pokemon game works just as fine when you want to be alone, and I personally just don't see making it MMO a good idea. :/