Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Warhammer: Vermintide II announced!

Hazard Time

Earlier today, developer Fatshark hosted a livestream featuring a short trailer, several minutes of pre-alpha gameplay, and a QnA discussion announcing and hyping up the sequel to 2015's Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide.  Combining the four-player coop PvE linear-narrative gameplay of Left 4 Dead with the incredibly deep Warhammer universe, it got off to a rocky start by launching in an incomplete and buggy state.  However, after multiple patches and the dedicated support of the developers, it soon came to be the best Warhammer game since Dawn of War II.  Since the gameplay is very bloody and visceral, I'll direct you to youtube to search for the full livestream as well as the announcement trailer.  I won't risk a ban for posting NSFW content :D

For those who don't have the time to watch either, here's the general run down of the new additions:

• Vermintide II will no longer be associated with the Warhammer: End Times canon.  For whatever reason this might be, I'm sure a lot of fans of Warhammer will rejoice at this news, because it's nearly unanimous that the End Times was a s*** salad of horrible decisions (until Age of Sigmarines came along...) and that Vermintide is the only good thing that came out of it.
  • All five heroes (Bardin, Markus, Victor, Sienna, and Kerillian) make a comeback, but each hero now has three "career" paths, each with their own playstyle.  For example, Bardin has a choice between being a Ranger, a Slayer, and an Ironbreaker.  Other announced careers include Victor as a Bounty Hunter, Markus as a Knight, and Kerillian as a Shade (Which doesn't make much sense seeing as she's a wood elf and the Shades are dark elves...one idea I heard was that it might be that the different career paths exist as their own alternate universes, therefore allowing this to happen.  I personally don't know, and trying to think deeply on it makes my head hurt, so I'll just wait for more info on that.).
  • A new "Heroic Deeds" system which creates consumable "quests" that alter enemy composition, level settings, weapon use, and mission objectives.
  • An improved loot system.  In the original Vermintide, the possible loot you got at the end of a mission was randomly generated.  In the sequel, you'll now specifically earn loot for whichever character and career you are playing on.
  • Talent trees for each character and career, creating more of an RPG experience.
  • New enemies!  While the skaven will of course be present, and it's been confirmed that they'll be touting new specials in the form of stormfiends, it's also been confirmed that the skaven's have forged an alliance with none other than Chaos!  That's right, Chaos-worshiping Norscans will feature as an enemy fighting alongside their skaven "allies"!  New enemies from Chaos include the aforementioned Norscan marauders, elite Chaos Warriors (Or possibly Chosen, but I wouldn't consider myself an expert in that regard), Chaos Spawn, and Chaos Trolls.
  • Finally, the one thing that got me the most excited MOD SUPPORT!  Custom maps, custom skins, you name it, someone will make it!

Anyone else as hyped as I am about this game?