Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv 2018 Academy Award Winner predictions

Whirlwindmark

For anyone who cares about the Academy..I'm just going to post my early predictions of who will win(I'm certain will be nominated as well) and see how accurate this ends up being. I've been right for the last two years.

Best Visual Effects:

Blade Runner 2049

Best Sound Editing:

Blade Runner 2049

Best Sound Mixing:

Blade Runner 2049

Best Production Design:

Blade Runner 2049

Best Cinematography:

Roger Deakins(Blade Runner 2049)

Best Film Editing:

Lee Smith(Dunkirk)

Best Make Up:

Darkest Hour

Best Original Score:

Alexandre Desplat(The Shape of Water)

Best Adapted Screenplay:

Call me by your name

Best Original Screenplay:

Guillermo Del Toro, Vanessa Taylor(The Shape of Water)

Best Actor:

Gary Oldman(Darkest Hour)

Best Actress: Sally Hawkins(The Shape of Water)

Best Supporting Actress:

Melissa Leo

Best Supporting Actor:

William Dafoe(The Florida Project)

Best Costume Design:

Darkest Hour

Best Animated Feature:

Coco

Still got a lot of movies to watch before I can make a critical decision on this. Usually only care about picture, actress, actor, supporting, screenplay, cine, and director. I still guess for the other ones but don't care about watching all the movies in those categories. 

I do agree with Coco. Haven't seen it (idk if it's out) but most likely will win. If the trend follows last year then all the oscar movies will come out in december XD so will probably have to wait until next year like usual to call it out.

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Misscellanio said:

Still got a lot of movies to watch before I can make a critical decision on this. Usually only care about picture, actress, actor, supporting, screenplay, cine, and director. I still guess for the other ones but don't care about watching all the movies in those categories. 

I do agree with Coco. Haven't seen it (idk if it's out) but most likely will win. If the trend follows last year then all the oscar movies will come out in december XD so will probably have to wait until next year like usual to call it out.

Agreed, Coco has "winner", written all over it. I have seen The Shape of Water at a special screening, and honestly, Sally Hawkins gives the best performance I've seen this year.