Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Possible season 8 leak? Real or Fake?

heavens-champion

Apparently, there's been a leak for Season 8's finale, particularly it's synopsis. Apparently, Twilight and her friends are trapped in Tartarus, and a character named Cozy Glow is trying to take over the School of Friendship, with only the students and Cutie Mark Crusaders to stop them. In case you're wondering, I discovered it on Derpibooru. Anyway, do you think this is real or a hoax?

• Brohoof 3

Considering that a "leaked" mid-season finale for season 7 was found out to be fake, I have a hard time buying this one.

• Brohoof 10

Hard to say. With all the leaks, it’s possible this leaked too, and the whole season should already be written by now. That said, I don’t see how we could know if it’s real or not until the season airs. I wouldn’t take it too seriously until then.

Edited by ShootingStar159
  • Brohoof 3

3 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

Yeah very funny, brah! :P I don't even think the finale has been written yet!

The writing is usually the first thing done, they have to finish the writing before they can start storyboarding and recording lines.

• Brohoof 4

So, if this is true, we might get out very first Cutie Mark Crusader two-parter, also including the school's students too apparently, but considering their importance I'd imagine the CMC might be the leaders. Which if so...This sounds awesome! A CMC two-parter is something I've been wanting for a while now, give them a chance to be the heroes for once!

• Brohoof 6

If this is true, I have a feeling that

a) Starlight will end up in the same situation in Tatarus like the Mane 6.

b ) Tirek will return, considering that the heroines will wind up in Tatarus.

c) This so called Cozy Glow will become Starlight's apprentice when this is all over, as sort of a means to atoning for what she did.

Edited by SaburoDaimando
  • Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, SaburoDaimando said:

If this is true, I have a feeling that

a) Starlight will end up in the same situation in Tatarus like the Mane 6.

b ) Tirek will return, considering that the heroines will wind up in Tatarus.

c) This so called Cozy Glow will become Starlight's apprentice when this is all over, as sort of a means to atoning for what she did.

Now that I see this I think about that spoilered s8 animatic. More about this in the spoiler

Spoiler

Could Cozy Glow be Queen Chrysalis in disguise and does she needs those photos and hairs to lock them in. Still, Starlight and the Princesses could still be helping instead of those Fillies. I still think this is fake, but it makes sense.

Cozy Glow!? And I thought SpiBaz was a dumb name!

Really though, if the Mane 6 somehow managed to get trapped in Tartarus, what chance do the CMC have to save them? They are kids after all. 

SpiBazinga says FAKE!

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Hierok said:

Now that I see this I think about that spoilered s8 animatic. More about this in the spoiler

Hide contents

Could Cozy Glow be Queen Chrysalis in disguise and does she needs those photos and hairs to lock them in. Still, Starlight and the Princesses could still be helping instead of those Fillies. I still think this is fake, but it makes sense.

The reason why I pointed out Tirek is because

1) The mane 6(And perhaps Starlight) will wind up in Tatarus by Cozy Glow.  To make things worse, Tirek is still down there.  So there's a chance he could break out and take advantage of the situation, even drain Cozy Glow of her magic

2) On Derpibooru, one of the users pointed to an unexpected announcement by Mark Acheson stating that he'll be returning as Tirek.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, SaburoDaimando said:

The reason why I pointed out Tirek is because

1) The mane 6(And perhaps Starlight) will wind up in Tatarus by Cozy Glow.  To make things worse, Tirek is still down there.  So there's a chance he could break out and take advantage of the situation, even drain Cozy Glow of her magic

2) On Derpibooru, one of the users pointed to an unexpected announcement by Mark Acheson stating that he'll be returning as Tirek.

I would love to see Tirek return, but there is a problem. In s4 they said he was too weak to steal magic right after he escaped.

1 minute ago, SpiBaz said:

Really though, if the Mane 6 somehow managed to get trapped in Tartarus, what chance do the CMC have to save them? They are kids after all. 

Well, they've also apparently got the school students helping, so it's not like it's just them. Also, it's a cartoon, kids like the CMC helping can work out just fine in a show like this. They've grown a lot over the series too, from the little Cutie Mark obsessed fillies of season 1 and 2, I think it's a pretty great idea to give them a chance to be the heroes now.

Underestimating the CMC is probably going to be the exact mistake the villain makes though.:catface:

Looks like 4chan had a little fun again with the fandom. No offense, but this fandom is incredibly guillable to the fakest of rumors.

Anyway, fake as heck. :P

• Brohoof 2

Well, that finale doesn't sound too absurd to be insta fake, but the lack of relying sources supporting this doesn't help it's case either. We'll have to wait and see

51 minutes ago, ggg-2 said:

Obviously fake. At last notice, episode 1 of season 8 was only in the animatic stage. There's no way the finale is prepared yet.

Chances are the script for the whole season has been done already 

3 hours ago, Hierok said:

I would love to see Tirek return, but there is a problem. In s4 they said he was too weak to steal magic right after he escaped.

Well, we are talking over a thousand years vs a couple this time around :dash:

3 hours ago, Hierok said:

I find it hard to believe the mane 6 are trapped in Tartarus in the first place, and then the fact only fillies can save her is kind of ridiculous. :orly:

Side characters having the spotlight for a two parter sounded absurd until a couple of seasons ago as well :orly:

• Brohoof 1

Even in the midst of genuine episode leaks, as well as the leak of some neat stuff like Lauren Faust's series bible, I find it hard to believe that this synopsis is genuine. The finale episode probably won't air for another year. And we get this kind of stuff every season. Somebody usually posts a list of episodes on 4chan or whatnot that ends up being fake.

• Brohoof 3