Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Possible season 8 leak? Real or Fake?

heavens-champion

Remember when all the S7 titles and synopsis were being leaked, some were accurate but then there was Triple Threat: Chrysalis frees Tirek and Sombra

Didn't happen.

I don't buy this. It is the same person who said season 9 will be the last season.

• Brohoof 3

10 hours ago, King of Canterlot said:

This season there has been a lot of leaks but, I highly doubt that the season 8 finale has even been written yet, leading me to believe that this synopsis for the season 8 finale to be false.   

Not only that, the School of Friendship isn't even MENTIONED in Shadow Play, part 2.

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

Not only that, the School of Friendship isn't even MENTIONED in Shadow Play, part 2.

The School of Friendship has been speculated due to some toy sets

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/19/2017 at 1:47 PM, FirePuppy said:

Truth is, no one knows for sure if it's real. Remember, things originally planned are always subject to change.

Not at this juncture. Season 8 has already had voice work done. A lot of season 8 is in the can. Not all because later episodes are almost certainly not boarded and and early episodes are likely still being animated ... but story and voice acting sure is. 

Anyway, the only confirmed element of this leak is that we know Tartarus will feature somewhat in the season. It was literally the first visual element they showed in a Coming Soon promo image. Add to that that Tirek was outed as appearing ... it's safe to say Tartarus will be featured.  

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Jeric said:

Not at this juncture. Season 8 has already had voice work done. A lot of season 8 is in the can. Not all because later episodes are almost certainly not boarded and and early episodes are likely still being animated ... but story and voice acting sure is. 

Anyway, the only confirmed element of this leak is that we know Tartarus will feature somewhat in the season. It was literally the first visual element they showed in a Coming Soon promo image. Add to that that Tirek was outed as appearing ... it's safe to say Tartarus will be featured.  

Well, I hope the Crusaders won't be in THAT episode.

Other than what's already confirmed, it is highly unlikely it is true. The synospis you give seems quite made up too. Whatever the School of Friendship is hasn't been mentioned before, and I don't think the CMC are old enough to be able to do something like free an imprisoned princess. Besides, it sounds unoriginal. I don't tbinm they should have Princesses/main ponies captured again after doing it many times.

I'm guessing you meant this image https://derpibooru.org/1563476?q=cozy+glow&sd=desc&sf=created_at

Doesn't seem believable. 

Edited by Foxy Socks

I don't think it's true, but I do think it has the possibility of having merit. Being set in Tartarus seems to be a non-contrived to have Tirek make a reappearance without it just resulting in more of the same. 

On 10/20/2017 at 4:47 AM, FirePuppy said:

While it's not directly mentioned, they do foreshadow it's eventual founding with the final few lines. We'll probably get a proper segue between the two idea in the opener. 

1 hour ago, Ganondox said:

I don't think it's true, but I do think it has the possibility of having merit. Being set in Tartarus seems to be a non-contrived to have Tirek make a reappearance without it just resulting in more of the same. 

While it's not directly mentioned, they do foreshadow it's eventual founding with the final few lines. We'll probably get a proper segue between the two idea in the opener. 

I didn't hear any foreshadowing, just Twilight saying it was a good thing Starlight reminded her what she forgotten she learned about friendship.

7 hours ago, heavens-champion said:

I didn't hear any foreshadowing, just Twilight saying it was a good thing Starlight reminded her what she forgotten she learned about friendship.

Not that part, the part with Star Swirl and the princesses. 

• 1 month later...