Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Where were the Pillars?

flutterbard

In the Season 7 finale, the Pillars of Equestria (Star Swirl and the other legendary characters) returned from limbo. By the end of the episode, they were all alive and not in limbo. Given that we were told the movie takes place between seasons 7 and 8, it would only seem logical for the Pillars to do something when the Storm King attacked. Where would they have been? What would they have been doing when the events of the movie were taking place?

I've thought about this myself, and I would think that it's possibly may be unaware of the happenings of the movie. Starswirl himself said that he wanted to take a look around Equestria, while the other pillars wanted to see their old homes. Considering how quickly Canterlot (and Ponyville, IIRC) is overrun by the Storm King's fleet and the Princesses incapacitated it's likely they just didn't know.

The simple answer is....

Not having been written at the time.

The movies script was actually done before the start of season 6. So it would have really been impossible for them to have been in it.

Heck that's why starlight and Trixie are just add in cameo's.

If I had to bet, the movie is not going to be referenced directly in the show. If at all.

If they do pick to go that rought. Its very likely that they are going to play fast and lose with the time line. That is to say move the events of the Movie around a bit.
Like say its was between 6 and 7 or something...

On 10/21/2017 at 3:30 AM, PathfinderCS said:

I've thought about this myself, and I would think that it's possibly may be unaware of the happenings of the movie. Starswirl himself said that he wanted to take a look around Equestria, while the other pillars wanted to see their old homes. Considering how quickly Canterlot (and Ponyville, IIRC) is overrun by the Storm King's fleet and the Princesses incapacitated it's likely they just didn't know.

Doubles as my headcanon for the whole "Where were the Changelings, the Dragons, etc.?" thing:

Basically, Equestria's international communications got besieged, too.

Edited by The Artist Formerly Known As A.V.
  • Brohoof 1