Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Seriously, where is the original human Sunset Shimmer?

Feather Scribbles

My theory for where she is is either, 1) she lives in the city, or in another part of the world, 2) she never existed in the human world to begin with, 3) she died in the human world either before or shortly after the Sunset Shimmer from Equestria arrived, 4) the animators will never add her into the series, in fear of contaminating the fictional Equestria Girls universe/time stream, or 5) the Sunset Shimmer that arrived from Equestria Girls killed her to prevent confusion (just kidding!!!)

But seriously though... where is she? And where is the human version of Starlight Glimmer? And how is Rainbow Dash?

The last part was completely random. xP

Oh and one final thing... remember the cracks that began to form on top of the portal/statue to Equestria at the end of Equestria Girls: Legend of Everfree, and magic began to dissperse from them? Why were they not a plot in the three specials (Movie Magic, Mirror Magic, and Dance Magic)? Or are they saving them for the next movie?

I once saw a theory about that that made sense to me. Sunset is older than the rest, she was a full grown adult when Twilight was a little filly being babysat by Cadance. Perhaps going through the portal ruined normal aging or some other reason, but the real human Sunset should be an adult somewhere rather than in high school. As to where she is? Who knows. As an adult, she’s free to go anywhere. Or she’s simply at work and they always miss each other while walking the streets. Who knows! :P

• Brohoof 2

I think she lives somewhere else, like human Twilight did. 

And those cracks were featured in the specials- the magic that came out of the portal is what turned Juniper’s mirror in to... whatever that was.

With any luck though, human Sunset will be in the next movie.

Also, I’m really hoping that Megan, Danny and Molly from G1 will cameo in Equestria Girls at some point. 

• Brohoof 1

Primarily, it seems canterlot high pupils are actually from ponyville, and of course there is crystal prep... I suspect, given the lack of magic that Sunburst never made it to celestia's school in the EqG world, and hence EqG Starlight didn't have to go though the same trauma as pony Starlight. Similarly, EqG SunShim would be in whatever home town pony SunShim was in before going to celestia's school.

25 minutes ago, StrawCherry said:

I once saw a theory about that that made sense to me. Sunset is older than the rest, she was a full grown adult when Twilight was a little filly being babysat by Cadance. Perhaps going through the portal ruined normal aging or some other reason, but the real human Sunset should be an adult somewhere rather than in high school. As to where she is? Who knows. As an adult, she’s free to go anywhere. Or she’s simply at work and they always miss each other while walking the streets. Who knows! :P

I think Pinkie would know, because Pinkie.

• Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, Feather Scribbles said:

Oh and one final thing... remember the cracks that began to form on top of the portal/statue to Equestria at the end of Equestria Girls: Legend of Everfree, and magic began to dissperse from them? Why were they not a plot in the three specials (Movie Magic, Mirror Magic, and Dance Magic)? Or are they saving them for the next movie?

Actually, one of the leaks "infected" Juniper Montage's mirror in Mirror Magic, so there is that.

Just now, Toon4Thought said:

Actually, one of the leaks "infected" Juniper Montage's mirror in Mirror Magic, so there is that.

Ahh, okay. There goes about my theory about the cracks of magic being the fire of the end of the universe. (A doctor who reference.) Or that every time someone goes through the portal, the spacetime continuum is disrupted... That would be an interesting storyline. Sunset Shimmer is torn between living in the human world or Equestria, and she must make the decision: stay in the human world, or live in Equestria, and never to return.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Feather Scribbles said:

Ahh, okay. There goes about my theory about the cracks of magic being the fire of the end of the universe. (A doctor who reference.) Or that every time someone goes through the portal, the spacetime continuum is disrupted... That would be an interesting storyline. Sunset Shimmer is torn between living in the human world or Equestria, and she must make the decision: stay in the human world, or live in Equestria, and never to return.

Oh yeah, they really should tackle that as the grand finale or something; it would probably be the single perfect note to end it on. Have it even take place during her and the other girls' graduation.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Toon4Thought said:

Oh yeah, they really should tackle that as the grand finale or something; it would probably be the single perfect note to end it on. Have it even take place during her and the other girls' graduation.

The question is... will she leave, or will she stay?

Because in the end, the magic will be broken. The portal will be gone (possibly destroyed), and all connection between the two worlds would be lost.

4 minutes ago, Feather Scribbles said:

The question is... will she leave, or will she stay?

Because in the end, the magic will be broken. The portal will be gone (possibly destroyed), and all connection between the two worlds would be lost.

The way I've thought it up, Sunset would stay in the human world. But it would take a lot of contemplation to get her to that point, even finally giving Equestria a worthwhile visit before she does decide.

Just now, Toon4Thought said:

The way I've thought it up, Sunset would stay in the human world. But it would take a lot of contemplation to get her to that point, even finally giving Equestria a worthwhile visit before she does decide.

I would agree. However, imagine if upon returning to Equestria, she cannot go back. Eventually, her heart would lead her back to the human world, so somehow she would find a way to get back... without ripping the fabric of reality apart.

• Brohoof 1

13 minutes ago, Toon4Thought said:

I wonder what the others will do. :ooh:

1 minute ago, Toon4Thought said:

Yeah, I can very easily see setups revolving around them reaching Trixie, Flash Sentry, or even Sunset Shimmer herself.

It would also be cool to see them going too Celestia, Luna, Discord and the mane 6? 

• Brohoof 1

I'm actually go with a variant of the last theory mixed in with the first. That while the Sunset Shimmer from Equestria might not have actually killed his humor counterpart, she very well might of gone and sent her off somewhere else so that she could take her place. At least that is one idea I could offer.

Edited by EquestrianScholar

My headcanon has been that there is no EQG world Sunset.  Her destiny was to bring Equestrian magic across the portal, and enable the Tree of Harmony to extend its influence to another world, so there was no need for a version of her to exist there.

• Brohoof 1

If there's an Theory a human version of all the other characters, there should logically be a human version of Sunset somewhere.

Yet in consideration, perhaps while one Sunset went to the human world the other went to the pony world. Just a thought, as it is one consideration.

1 hour ago, Octavia_Melody2 said:

Original Sunset Shimmer definitely needs to be in the next EQ outgoing, like they did with Sci-Twi in Friendship Games.

Well there's a YouTube series coming next month so it could be a possibility?

This has always been one of those giant problems that the series has had, among many. Her not having a proper human counterpart makes zero sense, and it also brings up the fact that Celestia was all like "You all can't go there, it would cause problems." But she totally can just banish a pony entirely there. 

• Brohoof 1

16 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

This has always been one of those giant problems that the series has had, among many. Her not having a proper human counterpart makes zero sense, and it also brings up the fact that Celestia was all like "You all can't go there, it would cause problems." But she totally can just banish a pony entirely there. 

Except Celestia didn't banish Sunset; Sunset fled there of her own volition.

She lives on the other side of the world, in whatever Equestria Girls humanland's equivalent of Australia is. She's also probably some 10 years older than the Sunset we know and love. 

20 minutes ago, AlexanderThrond said:

She lives on the other side of the world, in whatever Equestria Girls humanland's equivalent of Australia is. She's also probably some 10 years older than the Sunset we know and love. 

Are you sure or are you just making it up?