Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New Years 2018 celebration banner community project! (CLOSED)

Techno Universal

Okay so this is a fourms banner project that will celebrate the new year and it's a project that you guys will be mostly running! Plus you guys will now have the ultimate opertunety to have your OCs in a fourms banner plus your OCs will be drawn by artists who volunteer their time and effort into the project! Like we'll have one or maybe even a few artists drawing the background scene while we have a number of artists that are all drawing up a few OCs each! So we definitely need artists to volunteer in this so please reply here if you're an artist that wants to contribute in this project or if you're interested in having your OC featured in this! Now yes I have talked to the forum staff about this project in PM and they are showing high interest in it so it's definitely going ahead with their approval! Plus the deadline for this project to be completed will be the 1st of January next year as the banner will go up on New Year's Day. :)

Artist standerds:

1. All OC and background art must be digital and it's quite obvious because it's a fourms banner we're working on here!

2. I will be positioning all the characters in the banner based off the art style of each OC so everything looks well blended and not messy!

Anyways for now I'll also nominate a few good artists that I know of that may be able to contribute to this project! @SFyr @ambergerr @Swinton @Kyoshi 

EDIT: Thank you to everyone who participated! The project is now closed to further OCs entries! :)

Edited by Techno Universal

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)
2 hours ago, Hierok said:

@Techno Universal, @Dark Horse, @PathfinderCS Is this only for artists too volunteer for this, or may we also present our OC's here? :ooh:

Well like I said feel free to also present your OCs here you want featured in the project! :)

4 hours ago, Owlburger said:

I'd be happy to draw a few OC's, I'm no good at backgrounds tho :P

The only problem is that I can only draw them before Dec 13th after that I' gone for a month. ^^

Yeah I guess you actually could be a really good artist for the project! Like I'll try and get you to draw the  OCs that get entered this month into the project! Plus when you draw the OCs just make sure you post them here with a transparent background so our banner composers can easily place them in the banner! :)

Edited by Techno Universal

5 minutes ago, Techno Universal said:

Well like I said feel free to also present your OCs here you want featured in the project! :)

Yeah I guess you actually could be a really good artist for the project! Like I'll try and get you to draw the  OCs that get entered this month into the project! Plus when you draw the OCs just make sure you post them here with a transparent background so our banner composers can easily place them in the banner! :)

Sure! And Will do! :D

3 minutes ago, Owlburger said:

Sure! And Will do! :D

Plus also maybe we'll find a way to reward the artists that contribute to this project like we might give them a special temporary user title so everyone can see that they worked on the banner project! :)

Just now, Techno Universal said:

Plus also maybe we'll find a way to reward the artists that contribute to this project like we might give them a special temporary user title so everyone can see that they worked on the banner project! :)

That sounds great! :D

29 minutes ago, Techno Universal said:

Well here it is then. I'll send two of my OC. I would like if you put the one with a cutiemark in, but if that one is to blurry, you may also use the second one. :)

Spoiler

My drawing Orchestral Bells (transparant).jpg

Spoiler

myPony 1.png

Edited by Hierok

5 minutes ago, Hierok said:

Well here it is then. I'll send two of my OC. I would like if you put the one with a cutiemark in, but if that one is to blurry, you may also use the second one. :)

Reveal hidden contents

My drawing Orchestral Bells (transparant).jpg

Reveal hidden contents

myPony 1.png

Yeah I guess we could try to include both of them into the banner! :)

Yeah I guess we could try to include both of them into the banner! :)

No, I mean if the first one is wrong or impossible to add, you could add the second. ;)

6 minutes ago, Hierok said:

No, I mean if the first one is wrong or impossible to add, you could add the second. ;)

Yeah because your OC is going to be completely redrawn from scratch for this project the ref for the first OC is more than enough for our artists to work with! Like at your request we'll just put the first OC in since that's what you wanted! :)

Yeah because your OC is going to be completely redrawn from scratch for this project the ref for the first OC is more than enough for our artists to work with! Like at your request we'll just put the first OC in since that's what you wanted! :)

Thank you. ^_^

May I possibly be so bold as to toss my OC into the proverbial ring, here?  And I'm talking about my ponysona:

https://mlpforums.com/roleplay-characters/randi-maxis-r9087/

My most heartfelt appreciations to those artist who participate - you folks are awesome, and AT LEAST 20% cooler for doing this!

Thank you for your time.  *bows humbly*

4 minutes ago, Randimaxis said:

May I possibly be so bold as to toss my OC into the proverbial ring, here?  And I'm talking about my ponysona:

https://mlpforums.com/roleplay-characters/randi-maxis-r9087/

My most heartfelt appreciations to those artist who participate - you folks are awesome, and AT LEAST 20% cooler for doing this!

Thank you for your time.  *bows humbly*

And your OC has been added to the project! If only we could raise more awareness of this project like if it was announced in the castle throne room! :)

Hmm, I suppose I could lend a pen in here. While,  yes, I do traditional art, digitising it is not that much of an issue. At the very least I can provide lineart for the digital artists to color, or maybe try it myself. Although it would be flat color with pen marks for shading.

Anyways, I'm open to suggestions whether I could contribute or not. I have a thread in Requestria so you can see my stuff there.

4 hours ago, Raven Rawne said:

Hmm, I suppose I could lend a pen in here. While,  yes, I do traditional art, digitising it is not that much of an issue. At the very least I can provide lineart for the digital artists to color, or maybe try it myself. Although it would be flat color with pen marks for shading.

Anyways, I'm open to suggestions whether I could contribute or not. I have a thread in Requestria so you can see my stuff there.

Well I guess you could join the art team then as long as you can digitally colour your artworks! Like I've of course already seen your art and I really love it! Anyways maybe you could be working with another artist during the project as you could be doing the lineart while they digitally colour and shade the artwork! :)

4 hours ago, Crystal Peppermint said:

Sounds interesting. Any rules about how to draw our oc's? I would put my oc in winter clothes or party outfit.

Well yes of course you could have your OC wearing something like that! Like I even plan to have my OC wear a massive cape in the banner! :)

I'm just tossing my name out there in case I may be useful. Maybe someone can color stuff but doesn't feel so well doing their own line art aside from using bases. Either way, I can offer digitally cleaned up scans of my lineart right now, and if needs be, I can do digital flat coloring but this will be completely new for me (aside from some previous dabbles with Ponyscape that is). 

19 minutes ago, Raven Rawne said:

I'm just tossing my name out there in case I may be useful. Maybe someone can color stuff but doesn't feel so well doing their own line art aside from using bases. Either way, I can offer digitally cleaned up scans of my lineart right now, and if needs be, I can do digital flat coloring but this will be completely new for me (aside from some previous dabbles with Ponyscape that is). 

Yeah maybe my girlfriend @Celestial Flight might be able to colour your lineart as she uses bases all the time! Like it would be nice if she could contribute like that! :)

15 minutes ago, sciencewill98 said:

I could do some in the mlp style.

I designed @Midnight Blaze 98s oc

22 minutes ago, Midnight Blaze 98 said:

I can do traditional art- I’ve never tried digital, but I could probably put my OC (which I can’t take credit for!) in winter gear or something- I’ve been looking in to trying digital art for a while now.

Yeah I guess you two could contribute then! Plus it would be well appreciated if you could get into digital art as that would be perfect for this project! :)

Irony of ironies. 

Last year when @Mentis Soliloquy did this I included my OC along with my wife's. It's a shame. I was looking forward to doing so again considering she was still a member early in the year  ... but my daughter would have issues if I participated. 

I'm going to take a hard pass on this.