Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New Years 2018 celebration banner community project! (CLOSED)

Techno Universal

1 minute ago, Jeric said:

Irony of ironies. 

Last year when @Mentis Soliloquy did this I included my OC along with my wife's. It's a shame. I was looking forward to doing so again considering she was still a member early in the year  ... but my daughter would have issues if I participated. 

I'm going to take a hard pass on this. 

Yeah if your daughter just wants to keep your family in the shadows of the media spotlight then I guess that's perfectly fine! :)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Irony of ironies. 

Last year when @Mentis Soliloquy did this I included my OC along with my wife's. It's a shame. I was looking forward to doing so again considering she was still a member early in the year  ... but my daughter would have issues if I participated. 

I'm going to take a hard pass on this. 

Jeric not joining something like this? I am surprised. Care to elaborate why your daughter wouldn't like your OC on this?

@Techno Universal I'm just here to submit my OC, thanks. Spoiltered for image size. Yes, the little 'robot' is meant to be there, and to not include him is a travesty

Spoiler

https://mlpforums.com/uploads/monthly_03_2015/post-20902-0-82075400-1427754317.png

Edited by Lektra Bolt

2 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Jeric not joining something like this? I am surprised. Care to elaborate why your daughter wouldn't like your OC on this?

@Techno Universal I'm just here to submit my OC, thanks. Spoiltered for image size. Yes, the little 'robot' is meant to be there, and to not include him is a travesty

Reveal hidden contents

https://mlpforums.com/uploads/monthly_03_2015/post-20902-0-82075400-1427754317.png

Okay and your OC has been added! :)

4 hours ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Like I said, I was actually looking forward to this until I saw the topic. I'm big enough to admit when my support for community-run initiatives comes into fierce conflict with unreconcilable dissatisfaction -- and this is certainly the case here. Beyond that I won't elaborate further. 

The upside is that it gives me an idea for a new Subscription perk for MLPF that I should pitch to the powers that be. 

On 10/21/2017 at 3:49 AM, Techno Universal said:

Okay so this is a fourms banner project that will celebrate the new year and it's a project that you guys will be mostly running! Plus you guys will now have the ultimate opertunety to have your OCs in a fourms banner plus your OCs will be drawn by artists who volunteer their time and effort into the project! Like we'll have one or maybe even a few artists drawing the background scene while we have a number of artists that are all drawing up a few OCs each! So we definitely need artists to volunteer in this so please reply here if you're an artist that wants to contribute in this project or if you're interested in having your OC featured in this! Now yes I have talked to the forum staff about this project in PM and they are showing high interest in it so it's definitely going ahead with their approval! Plus the deadline for this project to be completed will be the 1st of January next year as the banner will go up on New Year's Day. :)

Artist standerds:

1. All OC and background art must be digital and it's quite obvious because it's a fourms banner we're working on here!

2. I will be positioning all the characters in the banner based off the art style of each OC so everything looks well blended and not messy!

Anyways for now I'll also nominate a few good artists that I know of that may be able to contribute to this project! @SFyr @ambergerr @Swinton @Kyoshi 

Would non pony oc's be okay? If not then just use the first one.

oc_cutout_png_by_lucasaldebrandi-dbk7xrs.thumb.png.e35d2304d5cd1b258e0abe6f57795c83.png

e7b3a41404f1d8a6fb7d6b6cdfe734e99842b12e.thumb.png.da6fb068ab5fe9274c984611f129f1eb.png

6 hours ago, Tilgoreth said:

Would non pony oc's be okay? If not then just use the first one.

oc_cutout_png_by_lucasaldebrandi-dbk7xrs.thumb.png.e35d2304d5cd1b258e0abe6f57795c83.png

e7b3a41404f1d8a6fb7d6b6cdfe734e99842b12e.thumb.png.da6fb068ab5fe9274c984611f129f1eb.png

Yeah for now I guess we'll add your pony OC for now! Though it's going to be mainly pony OCs so no pony anthro characters but we would of course allow non pony OCs that fit into cannon equestria like a Discord like OC or a wolf OC and more! :)

6 hours ago, Midnight Blaze 98 said:

Well, here’s my OC:

(made by @sciencewill98)

FB946575-706B-4BB4-999D-AF52F194984F.png

And of course your OC is added! :)

6 hours ago, Mentis Soliloquy said:

I didn't do a new years banner it was simply a members banner.

Anyways I remember the banner you made as my OC was in it! I also sort of got inspiration from it for this but this is basically taking your idea to a much higher level as the whole thing is going to be drawn by artists who volunteer instead of just directly using the character images users provide! Plus this is actually going to be an official forums banner so everyone will see it on the forums during January next year! :) 

7 minutes ago, Mentis Soliloquy said:

@Techno Universal 

Well I hope it looks lovely, I would have no idea the torch I picked up would lead to something like this, in the long run, makes me a bit prideful. 

Yeah plus this project is really bringing out my incredible capabilities! Considering that I tuned 16 in August this year and what I'm doing is actually extremely impressive for a 16 year old! :)

9 minutes ago, Mentis Soliloquy said:

@Techno Universal 

I would agree with that, I wish you luck with the project. 

Thanks mate! :)

7 hours ago, SparklingSwirls said:

I'm afraid I won't be much help in the art department as I do traditional art, but I'd still like to contribute my OC if I can :)

Hide contents

Starshine (Commission)

Yes of course your OC has been added to the project! :)

I have one right here that could be used. Though I'd like the cutie mark to be changed to a jagged knife with blood dripping down it if its possible. If not, thats fine.

59c101aa8d931_ScreenShot2017-09-19at9_30

Edited by Twilight Witch

2 minutes ago, Twilight Witch said:

I have one right here that could be used. Though I'd like the cutie mark to be changed to a jagged knife with blood dripping down it if its possible. If not, thats fine.

59c101aa8d931_ScreenShot2017-09-19at9_30

Okay I guess we could do that and yes your OC has been added to the project! :)