Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think the Equestria Girls have cutie marks?

Feather Scribbles

I have to say I agree with @Trotteurliciously Sauvage. While Equestria Girls might have cutie marks, they would be pretty useless, considering most humans can't do things like use magic (which ponies can get cutie marks for). 

On the other hand, though, the whole wearing cutie mark emblems thing is also kind of weird. Do people just start wearing them when they find out their special talent (they would have to design the mark, too)? That brings up my last point. There are things that ponies get cutie marks for that the human universe literally doesn't contain. Are there "misalignments" between universes? That doesn't seem right; I mean, it's stated in Magical Mystery Cure that cutie marks are your destiny rather than something that just happens to you in your life (unlike the two Twilights being different because they were raised differently). 

• Brohoof 1

16 minutes ago, luftschloss said:

I have to say I agree with @Trotteurliciously Sauvage. While Equestria Girls might have cutie marks, they would be pretty useless, considering most humans can't do things like use magic (which ponies can get cutie marks for). 

On the other hand, though, the whole wearing cutie mark emblems thing is also kind of weird. Do people just start wearing them when they find out their special talent (they would have to design the mark, too)? That brings up my last point. There are things that ponies get cutie marks for that the human universe literally doesn't contain. Are there "misalignments" between universes? That doesn't seem right; I mean, it's stated in Magical Mystery Cure that cutie marks are your destiny rather than something that just happens to you in your life (unlike the two Twilights being different because they were raised differently). 

Cutie Marks don't necessarily represent destinies. They represent a part of who you are. Some of the designs match their talents, others simply match their names.

Look at Sunburst's mark. 

images.png.1cb25f1505d366d7544505926bc1edba.png

It's literally a burst of sunlight, which is his name, not his talent nor destiny. Sunburst's actual talent is being very knowledgeable about magic despite not being good at practicing it.

Plus, play this clip from about 00:45 to 1:07 for Luna's explanation of what a Cutie Mark is. Nowhere does she say the word, "Destiny."

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

According to the recent episode of equestria girls choose your own ending (or CYOA) happliy ever after: rarity

Spoiler

When rarity and cranky doodle (along with the "CMC") were having a conversation about the projector, rarity utter the CMCs in full detail: CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS, now either she said their team name wrong, or they really do have cutie marks on their…sides

10 hours ago, Fluttershutter said:

Cutie marks are on the HIP, not the behind. And no, they don't. But they sometimes have them on pants or skirts.

How would you know, considering it's for little kids, there's no possible way they reveal their hips in broad daylight in front of the viewers.

I don't watch EG, nor do I intend to. The cheesy, overused high school drama theme and the removal of everything that makes MLP special make me want to avoid it entirely. However, I still think they have their cutie marks, because it's a part of who they are, and that doesn't just 'go away'. Of course, they can't show the cutie marks for obvious reasons.:lol:

Edited by Rhythm Red

I don’t doubt that the Equestria Girls are connected to their Equestrian counterparts, but Cutie Marks? No. Cutie Marks are attained by magical means, and as far as I know, the EQGs do not have magic other than those crystally thingies they get in the Legend of Everfree. Also, it does bring up the point that @luftschloss makes:

On 12/16/2017 at 10:09 AM, luftschloss said:

Do people just start wearing them when they find out their special talent (they would have to design the mark, too)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When they have pony ears, and tails, and they "pony up", and float/fly around shooting weaponized rainbows, they have cutie marks. You can't see them because they are under their clothes. When they go back to being normal the marks fade away.

Except for Sunset Shimmer. She always has a cutie mark because she is a pony from Equestria.

Edited by colt .45

3 minutes ago, They call me Loyalty said:

Well, it doesn't make sense for them to retain the weird skin color either. So, I wouldn't be surprised, to be honest.

welllll from the new special....

Spoiler

5a8c54d563d99_EqGCM.png.5f6bbe147982c49dfb5889ed722f5a80.png

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 21/02/2018 at 1:07 PM, Steve Piranha said:

And we've seen on the beach they don't have cutie marks on their butts :D

Which was of COURSE the only reason you were staring at their butts at the beach. Honest :)

• 3 months later...

I don't think having cutie marks would be any use to them, mainly because humans cannot use magic

But if they did have cutie marks, I think they would be placed on either the shoulder, or thigh.