Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Do you keep or sell your old consoles?

joanro

So, my question is do you keep or sell your old consoles when a new generation of consoles release? Do you think it's better to keep them?

I usually I sell my old consoles. I sold my 360 when I bought my Xbox One. 

I've kept all of my consoles except for my Wii, which I gave to some friends when I got my Wii U. They don't really get use. In fact, all of my consoles aside from Wii U/PS3/PS4 are back at home and not even here with me.

I tend to keep mine; I don't want to rely on emulation for all of my older games, and I love keeping these old boxes on display. <3

• Brohoof 1

Depends, I only really sell my consoles when I have a BC option available. I actually got rid of my PS1 and GC when the PS2/Wii came out as I could play those games there instead

I normally keep my old consoles. Except for my PS2, which died on me about 10 years after I originally got it. Obviously keeping, selling, or giving away a console that doesn't work anymore (and has a long-expired warranty) just isn't worth it. So my mom took it to one of those places that recycles electronics.

Oddly enough, my parents bought an SNES back when they were dating in the 80s and it still works to this day. :blink: So I'm very thankful to them for holding onto it.

Edited by Prospekt

When I was younger, my father had a first gen Xbox. He sold it after he started saying he had headaches.

But the truth is that his skills in any game he brought where closer to 0, but it was a good run for the time I played it. And never did the same mistake with my play station 2, my Xbox 360, One and Ps4.

Without counting the game boy, the PsP and the Nintendo DS.

i keep them as for memories i had to sell my ps3 and original xbox one to get the xbox one s  trying to keep up with the 4k world i got everything in 4k now besides the phone and computer xD , i still have my old Colombia home arcade which i found out its a atari clone and its really rare o.o

Every console I've owned has been lost or stolen, yet never sold by me. Currently I have my Xbox 360, and Xbox One though the 360 is more of a decoration since it barely works. So to answer you question, I don't sell them, and I'd like to keep them as trophies. As for portable consoles I have a Gameboy Advance, Gameboy SP, DS, and 2DS. I keep the older models as trophies since they either don't work or I have no games to play on them. And I rarely play my 2DS so I guess you can consider it a trophy (my animal crossing villagers have been looking for me since early 2016).

I'm not much of a gamer, but it makes sense to hang on to old consoles. You never know when you might want to play those old games. Lots of companies say their new consoles are backward compatible, but I have yet to see that work 100%. 

It depends on how much money i need at the moment.

But i never sold an old Version of a Console, because a new one came out, why would i do that? Its a better Console, but i still need the older Version to be able to play all the Games i like. There is rarely a Console, that is perfect backwards compatible, even the Playstation 2 had Problems with playing some Cut-Scenes from Ps 1 Games or being able to label all the save Blocks correctly. I dont even know a Console that is perfect backwards compatible, except for maybe the Atari 7800 for Atari 2600 Games. ( even though i never had the chance to try it out and even this Console cant play all the Games, since its unable to play Atari 5200 Games i think )

I still have my GameCube. I’m afraid it’s missing the cables to work, plus it’s not very valuable playing-wise anymore, more value as a “trophy” :wacko: .

I used to sell some of my consoles but over the years I've changed my mind and now I keep all of them instead. I still regret selling my snes and dreamcast a long time ago but at least I have the remade classic snes.

Edited by Sgamer