Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Do you keep or sell your old consoles?

joanro

As soon as Majora's Mask came onto the Wii's Virtual Console, there was no reason to keep the N64. I traded it in for store credit at Game Stop. Nowadays, I could play all my favorites thanks to the Wii U's virtual console.

Plus I didn't grow up on the NES/SNES. Other than Mario and Zelda, I never really had fun with the Nintendo Hard games released on those early systems. It's nice some of their games nowadays have the option of making the game easier for inexperienced players while still leaving the Nintendo Hard Challenge for those who want it, such as the Super Guide in New Super Mario Bros. Wii and onwards.

On ‎22‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:19 AM, Spilight98 said:

Still have all my consoles except for my Nintendo 64 my mom gave it away to some kid. ( WITH ALL OF MY GAMES AS WELL :okiedokieloki: )

I can relate... except my mom gave them all away to our cousins (secretly too, and they live in another country...) I lost my Gameboy advanced, sp and colour, and my gamecube :(

• 2 weeks later...

I used to have a Game Cube, but I only had one game for it (Super Mario Sunshine). I'm pretty sure I sold the Game Cube for like 5 dollars or something at my friends garage sale because I got my first laptop and I started playing a lot more PC games instead. 

I don't have any old consoles. I have my Wii U and that's it. I play everything on PC, including emulating old systems.

i keep them. As does Denz. Together we have a looooot of consoles. We have all main Nintendo consoles after the NES. He's got a Spectrum and a Dreamcast and PS1. We both own an N64, PS2 and Xbox360, I have the WiiU. We do not own any current gen consoles. Eyeing up a PS4 though. 

I'm thinking of selling on my PS2 at some point. Its the only console I just dont use anymore. There's only 1 game on it that I want to keep and thats the Disney Extreme Skate game - because its so obscure....actually so is Steel Lancer Arena International (but little bro has nicked it). Although - my brother likes to game stream/record at ours, but his capture card doenst register on the original PS2, only the slim, which is what I have. Denz' is the original one. So maybe it still has some use. 

• 2 weeks later...

As a die-hard collector, I keep all of mine. I was considering at one point to trade in my OG Xbox One for an X, but the more I think about it the more I want to keep it. Especially now that they no longer make that model.

I still have my GameBoy, SNES, N64, Gamecube, etc. They all have too many memories for me to just give up.

• 11 months later...

I had to sell my SNES in order to buy a PS1. Also sold the PS1 to get a PS2.

I ended up with 2 PS2's, since my aunt gave me hers. Still have both of them. Also still have one of my PS1 controllers and all of my games.

Neither. My old Wii and Xbox 360 are both sitting at my mother’s about 2,700 miles away.

That is if she hasn’t destroyed them in a fit of rage or given them away to one of the many guys.

Edited by Arkadios

I always keep them until they break down. You never know when you want to replay an old game or find a game you haven't played on an old system. I find PS2 games I haven't played all the time. Dozens of them at least.

I've kept them all and I don't really see any reason to sell them. It's not like I could even make decent money by selling them... And it would be sad to give up something that has so many memories connected to it. Most importantly, I still plan to get back into playing my old games someday! :rarity:

Edited by Tacodidra
  • Brohoof 2

I usually keep my consoles, unless they stop working, which would be the point where I would have to get rid of them. Luckily, that hasn't happened in years.

Edited by Cash In

I've always kept them. Not like EB Games would give me more than $25 for my old systems when I was younger, so I never bothered. Although I must admit that my modded Wii U has sort of become the ultimate nostalgia box, meaning most of those non-handheld systems are just up in the attic gathering dust.

I'm too lazy to sell my belongings, so I keep them. I used to own a Nintendo Wii (red variant) with two free games that I received as one of my Christmas gifts when I was 8. Just last year I took it apart to see what it looked like and I also physically destroyed the console as I had no need for it anymore nor did I need to pass it down to anyone else due to the progress in today's consoles and technologies.

• 3 months later...