Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv 2019 last year of 80's nostalgia?

Whirlwindmark

2019 seems like it will be the last year for major 80's nostalgia, before the 2020's come, which will push all movies from the 80's into their 40's. In the 2020's I feel the 90's and early 2000's will become the big nostalgic push for tv shows and remakes.

Edited by Whirlwindmark
  • Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Whirlwindmark said:

2019 seems like it will be the last year for major 80's nostalgia, before the 2020's come, which will push all movies from the 80's into their 40's.

isthatso.gif.872c6ce0319af37e8d039a5f2fe6d17a.gif

*ahem*  I am in my 40's... 

Exactly WHAT are you trying to say, here?  What is it you're implying?  Are you saying that the past will be too OLD for you?  That it'll become so stale that nobody will want to even consider anything from that era?  Are you honestly putting forth the idea that, OMG, 80's = totes ancient, much gag, would yarf?

Have your fun NOW, whippersnapper; I'm gonna laugh my tuchus off when YOUR generation sheds tears over the 50th anniversary of Pokemon - because that'll be where ANOTHER young punkeroo like you will say, "Yeah, Pokemon is, like, FOR GEEZERS."

Totally laugh as you cry... then I'll adjust my Depends and kick my oxygen tank to get it going right again.

So THERE.

(Not actually MAD, by the way... just funnin' with the children, as it were.)

};P

• Brohoof 6

Good, let the worshiping of the 80s end. It was such a cheesy decade with lots of annoying music. The cartoons are a laugh to watch, though.

90s nostalgia is already super strong among people around my age. Having grown up in the 90s, I don't really subscribe. The early to mid 2000s are where it's at for me.

Things become nostalgic when the people who were kids at the time now have money to relive their childhood. So this would be about 20 years. But God I hated most 90s stuff, especially the music. Are you saying we have to put up with "retro" grunge? I'm going to lock myself in my room, let me know when the 90s nostalgia is over. By then it will be 2000s nostalgia and I will be retired.

• Brohoof 1