Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Star Wars Episode IX: the war to end all wars

Whirlwindmark

So Star Wars Episode IX filmmakers have been saying two things.

1. This will unite all three trilogies

2. This is the war to end all wars.

Well I have seen giant cinematic battles for nearly 20 years, going from Two Towers, Return of King, Battle of The Five Armies, Rogue One, Avatar, and more...I really hope they have something that really will put all those to shame. I mean we've seen so many battles in cinema, it's gonna take a lot to really create something special.

It doesn't need scope so much as something to give it meaning on a personal emotional level. I hope the filmmakers don't decide to simply throw more special effects at the screen than any other movie that came before and hope that'll suffice. It has to have something real behind it all. 

I'd be interested if they can unite all three trilogies in a satisfying way. To do that they'd have to get George back into the mix. Without George Lucas, it's all just fan fiction to me.

2 minutes ago, Dreambiscuit said:

It doesn't need scope so much as something to give it meaning on a personal emotional level. I hope the filmmakers don't decide to simply throw more special effects at the screen than any other movie that came before and hope that'll suffice. It has to have something real behind it all. 

I'd be interested if they can unite all three trilogies in a satisfying way. To do that they'd have to get George back into the mix. Without George Lucas, it's all just fan fiction to me.

George Lucas has lost his way.

Sorry, but the war to end all wars has already been done before. It was called the time war. Every place in time and space burned during that war. Every person who has ever been or ever will be, every moment and space in time burned with the conflict between the Daleks and the Time Lords. 

• Brohoof 1

11 minutes ago, Whirlwindmark said:

George Lucas has lost his way.

If George has lost his way then no one else has ever found their way to begin with. J.J. Abrams is a hack who isn't capable of doing much beyond taking other filmmaker's work and repackaging it in a far inferior way. 

I dread what the next batch of filmmakers are going to do with episodes 8 and 9.

Edited by Dreambiscuit

6 minutes ago, Dreambiscuit said:

If George has lost his way then no one else has ever found their way to begin with. J.J. Abrams is a hack who isn't capable of doing much beyond taking other filmmaker's work and repackaging it in a far inferior way. 

I dread what the next batch of filmmakers are going to do with episodes 8 and 9.

Meh, I disagree.

• 3 years later...