Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is the MLP FIM hatedom still active?

heavens-champion

To some extent, I still see the occasional youtube comment whining about pony avatar's, even if the person doesn't comment about ponies at all, or the person on reddit or some other website who just has to start a thread mocking someone for liking ponies, even if they aren't doing anything actually bad or annoying otherwise, or the troll who must pop up to be like "You're all creepy weirdo's". But I'm not sure there's really a "Hatedom" anymore as much as there is just a few isolated hater's who just really can't get over it, like with any major fandom really.

• Brohoof 8

The Mlp hatedom community is so funny I could be posting a comment on (ex-demolition ranch about a gun) and I get the "hey your just some stupid brony" thing the funniest thing to do is just troll them and watch em rage. but why do they hate us is it because we are different we are not afraid to be ourselves  but yes they are still around 

doesn't seem to be to be as active or whatever as before. nowadays I just see people say stuff like "ew a brony" and everyone just shrugging it off

• Brohoof 2

I think that there are still some hater of the show, but it's not fashionable anymore, the show made a lot of noise in 2011-2012 but now people are used to it and they forget about us, we must say that the brony fandom is not as big as it used to be so we made much less noise than before... :confused:
So maybe they change their target ! :orly:

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Denim&Venom said:

I think Homestuck, Steven Universe and Undertale pretty much took the heat from us. 

I think we can add Rick and Morty there too now :P

• Brohoof 4

Not sure if there's really any large group of haters out there now, pretty sure most of them finally got over it or started hating on other fandoms. I really haven't ever got any hate for being a brony, except for maybe the occasional troll in the YouTube comments obviously trying to just get a rise out of me, but it's pretty easy to just ignore them, and they almost always go away.    

• Brohoof 1

The hatedom is still very much alive, albeit not as active as it was a few years ago (if the hate-filled "reviews" of the movie are anything to go by).

The hatedom will exist as long the show and us, the fandom, also exist because it's always hip and edgy to hate on something that's popular.

• Brohoof 1

It's also not really specific to the show, more of that anything girly or childish is considered a bad thing for people to like. That and the cringeworthy people in the fandom will stand out, making it easy to be made fun of.

16 hours ago, Lance Shield said:

The hatedom is still very much alive, albeit not as active as it was a few years ago (if the hate-filled "reviews" of the movie are anything to go by).

The hatedom will exist as long the show and us, the fandom, also exist because it's always hip and edgy to hate on something that's popular.

How disgusting.

I think the more important question is how will any of us sleep tonight knowing the "hatedom" is still alive and kicking out there... watching us, stalking our youtube videos, joining our forums to tell us how abominable we all are for liking ponies and not shows about cabbages that are superheroes by day, and ordinary cabbages by night!

Being able to only speak for myself in this trying period, I want to go on record and say I will sleep just fine.